1. #66081
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Um… there’s plenty of cheese in front of him.
    Eh I can see a bit of cheese aging using time magic floating beside him but the things in front of him look like cutlery? They are forks, knives and spoons.

  2. #66082
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Pretty sure it's actually well established at this point that nothing besides the main timeline is "real". The only reason WoD Draenor exists is because Kairoz forced it into being by yanking it out of hypothetical-bronze-magic-land and attaching it to our universe. The reason it still exists is also because of that, but remember from the Mag'har recruitment scenario that in the last 30 years (as in, since it was forced into being and became part of our reality), the whole planet has just started to die. Speculation as to why (draenei blame the orcs; also theories it could be related to the light for some reason) often includes "because it isn't even supposed to exist and is now naturally degrading in a much slower, sadder way".
    Our Outland is dying too, so it could be that Draenor's fate is to be destroyed in all realities. But as I said before we are just especulating here, although the only fact is that WoD's Draenor still exists, and I guess that if the Draenei over there build a space ship they could go back to Argus or other planets, I do not think that there is a wall of magic around Draenor that limits that universe to only one planet, but who knows.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  3. #66083
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Our Outland is dying too, so it could be that Draenor's fate is to be destroyed in all realities. But as I said before we are just especulating here, although the only fact is that WoD's Draenor still exists, and I guess that if the Draenei over there build a space ship they could go back to Argus or other planets, I do not think that there is a wall of magic around Draenor that limits that universe to only one planet, but who knows.
    Could be as simple as the further you go from the point that stabilized that AU, the more frayed reality gets.

  4. #66084
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...25018164416512


    "When life gives you time altering powers, make aged cheese"
    WARNING! WARNING! WALKING DISASTER SPOTTED!

    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  5. #66085
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,319
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/1...dadjnugrw&s=19

    I guess this answers what the lesbian centaur should do to get the Dryads attention.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  6. #66086
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Our Outland is dying too, so it could be that Draenor's fate is to be destroyed in all realities. But as I said before we are just especulating here, although the only fact is that WoD's Draenor still exists, and I guess that if the Draenei over there build a space ship they could go back to Argus or other planets, I do not think that there is a wall of magic around Draenor that limits that universe to only one planet, but who knows.
    It was really ironic the fact that Garrosh went to AU Draenor to prevent orcs from joining BL, yet in the end they did it anyway.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #66087
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...36739654471681 Thoughts on this? I actually like this, though the sharpness of each turn could use SOME work lol
    Yeah that looks really fucking bad.

    Looks like I never got to experience good form of Dragonriding.

  8. #66088
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    WARNING! WARNING! WALKING DISASTER SPOTTED!

    Someone was asking about the final boss of Dragonflight. Nomi the Firelord is here to burn your bacon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah that looks really fucking bad.

    Looks like I never got to experience good form of Dragonriding.
    Yeah this doesn't look as good as it did earlier on. It seemed that you could go really fast but if you did not keep control you'd be crashing left and right. Now seems far "easier"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It was really ironic the fact that Garrosh went to AU Draenor to prevent orcs from joining BL, yet in the end they did it anyway.
    Well someone just let Gul'dan free in their timeline instead of killing him. I wonder who that idiot was.

  9. #66089
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah this doesn't look as good as it did earlier on. It seemed that you could go really fast but if you did not keep control you'd be crashing left and right. Now seems far "easier".
    So basically, instead of making a better version of flying, Blizzard is conceding to those who just want to avoid content...

    Hopefully Blizzard realizes that dragon riding should be challenging to some level. Making it trivial helps Boone but those who readily admit to not wanting to do open world content at all.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #66090
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So basically, instead of making a better version of flying, Blizzard is conceding to those who just want to avoid content...

    Hopefully Blizzard realizes that dragon riding should be challenging to some level. Making it trivial helps Boone but those who readily admit to not wanting to do open world content at all.
    With the SOar nerf earlier on, people were excited about the speed and how far they could go. I was excited about the potential to have races go through tunnels and narrow spaces requiring careful sharp turns. I really enjoy flight simulators and I was hoping Blizzard was trying to recreate that gameplay. If you can turn around in place that's just a step from being able to hover.

  11. #66091
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So basically, instead of making a better version of flying, Blizzard is conceding to those who just want to avoid content...

    Hopefully Blizzard realizes that dragon riding should be challenging to some level. Making it trivial helps Boone but those who readily admit to not wanting to do open world content at all.
    Hopefully dragonriding feels good enough and Blizzard leaves challenging content to races and other optional stuff.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  12. #66092
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Hopefully dragonriding feels good enough and Blizzard leaves challenging content to races and other optional stuff.
    What i fear though is how the dragon riding challenges seemed perfectly doable with no upgrades and the first playable version of Dragon riding, so I can only imagine that it has become, and indeed will become easier, if not trivial by the time everyone will start doing them in the live version.

    I was hoping this would be something that was properly challenging abd required a degree of skill to master. However the more I look at it the more I wonder whether Blizzard just intends to make it nå even faster version of flying.
    Gaining height is supposedly trivial, evne more so once you keep upgrading. And really all that seems to have been removed is the ability to AFK.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #66093
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    What i fear though is how the dragon riding challenges seemed perfectly doable with no upgrades and the first playable version of Dragon riding, so I can only imagine that it has become, and indeed will become easier, if not trivial by the time everyone will start doing them in the live version.

    I was hoping this would be something that was properly challenging abd required a degree of skill to master. However the more I look at it the more I wonder whether Blizzard just intends to make it nå even faster version of flying.
    Gaining height is supposedly trivial, evne more so once you keep upgrading. And really all that seems to have been removed is the ability to AFK.
    I think that they should be really careful, many people would actually like to point in one direction and AFK, if we have to struggle with dragonriding for two years it could get really bothersome really fast.

    I would not worry about challenging content, it would definitively be there, maybe not in 9.0 but in 9.1 for sure. They actually did hard stuff with racing in the Darkmoon Faire and I have no doubt that they could replicate that very well for dragonriding.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  14. #66094
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that they should be really careful, many people would actually like to point in one direction and AFK, if we have to struggle with dragonriding for two years It could get really bothersome really fast.

    I would not worry about challenging content, it would definitively be there, maybe not in 9.0 but in 9.1 for sure. They actually did hard stuff with racing in the Darkmoon Faire and I have no doubt that they could replicate that very well for dragonriding.
    The issue i have is that the AFK option should be flight paths, but they become all but pointless as flying becomes available, only being used in SL primarily because its required for getting to zones.

    The dragonriding challenges should be the challenging content though. 100% talent tree completion should be the intermediate difficulty.

    By making Gold dragonriding challenges trivial you more or less leave the system without a proper endgame.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #66095
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I think that they should be really careful, many people would actually like to point in one direction and AFK, if we have to struggle with dragonriding for two years it could get really bothersome really fast.

    I would not worry about challenging content, it would definitively be there, maybe not in 9.0 but in 9.1 for sure. They actually did hard stuff with racing in the Darkmoon Faire and I have no doubt that they could replicate that very well for dragonriding.
    If people want to point in one direction and AFK they can just take a flight path or wait for pathfinder.

    As for doing harder content later, I don't know how that's possible. Dragonriding talents simply take away the challenge; they make everything more forgiving. Much of the difficulty in flight simulation game comes from the limitations. Remove the limitations and there is no challenge.

  16. #66096
    ok so starter 70 gear is 336
    no upgrades if you do +15s until cap

  17. #66097
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If people want to point in one direction and AFK they can just take a flight path or wait for pathfinder.

    As for doing harder content later, I don't know how that's possible. Dragonriding talents simply take away the challenge; they make everything more forgiving. Much of the difficulty in flight simulation game comes from the limitations. Remove the limitations and there is no challenge.
    Even if you have all the dragonriding talent tree they just can limit it for certain races, as they for example limit the talent tree of Torghast in certain wings. If people want challenging content for dragonriding Blizzard will provide, I do not really think that it will be difficult at all for them to do it. Plus if there are PvP Racing, that will always be challenging.

    And I do not find the same thing to AFK a few seconds to the next WQ than go to the nearest town to take a flightpath to the closest town to your next WQ, is not the same thing, that's what dragonriding should be easy to navigate and not a struggle, they need to be extra careful to find that balance. And waiting for Pathfinder is not an option either, what is the point in giving us flying since the beginning then?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  18. #66098
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If people want to point in one direction and AFK they can just take a flight path or wait for pathfinder.

    As for doing harder content later, I don't know how that's possible. Dragonriding talents simply take away the challenge; they make everything more forgiving. Much of the difficulty in flight simulation game comes from the limitations. Remove the limitations and there is no challenge.
    Nice gatekeeping you have there. Maybe think about people with accessibility issues before wanting a "hard challenge that never gets easier". You can play super mario on some super hard level if you want that, stuff in wow should be accessable to everyone over time, especially open world stuff lol.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  19. #66099
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Even if you have all the dragonriding talent tree they just can limit it for certain races, as they for example limit the talent tree of Torghast in certain wings. If people want challenging content for dragonriding Blizzard will provide, I do not really think that it will be difficult at all for them to do it. Plus if there are PvP Racing, that will always be challenging.

    And I do not find the same thing to AFK a few seconds to the next WQ than go to the nearest town to take a flightpath to the closest town to your next WQ, is not the same thing, that's what dragonriding should be easy to navigate and not a struggle, they need to be extra careful to find that balance. And waiting for Pathfinder is not an option either, what is the point in giving us flying since the beginning then?
    The issue here is that limiting dragonriding to make content challenging is exactly the same mistake the flying has. Dragonriding races should be the ultimate test of skill using all your abilities, not a challenge run like doing Mage Tower in only white gear, or raids with only tanks.

    Dragonriding is a movement option meant to make traversing the dragon isles feel exciting, not something to necessarily make movement trivial.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #66100
    The idea that every single feature needs to be a challenge is precisely the issue with WoW and it's playerbase in general.
    Something cannot simply exist for fun; people need to be better than somebody else at it, and things need to be difficult.

    It's a video game. An MMO at that, and the genre is thriving off "casual" content and people just vibing.
    Features existing for the sake of just being there for everybody to have a good time is important, and something that the game has lacked.
    LFR existing does not mean it's fun or engaging content.

    And luckily Dragon Flying is fun and engaging content, and has potential to be evergreen if they keep expanding on it and bring it into future zones with new mount skeletons.

    If you want to pretend like flying around really good matters, sign up for player run races or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •