1. #66121
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Or, you know, its just updated buildings to replace outdated ones around the world. Dont get your hopes up
    Replace buildings around the world.... without updating the zone as a whole.

    Wonderful idea, the zones sure are gonna look fine with HD buildings sitting next to ancient polygon trees and environment textures that consist of exactly 5 pixels.



  2. #66122
    If they ever handle another world update, I really hope they keep the zones for themselves instead of trying to fit the current content into them, so they don't become immediately outdated like the Cata ones.

  3. #66123
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    TBH the announcement of the phases did include a + sign on Phase 6. So that's why I'm thinking that.

    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...w-live/1278547

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Phase 2 Zone Experience: The Forbidden Reach
    Phase 3 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Waking Shores
    Phase 4 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Thaldraszus
    Phase 5 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Ohn’ahran Plain
    Phase 6+ All zones are expected to be playable
    It's to have some wiggle room if they suddenly need another week of focused testing. Maybe they need focused testing on some specs, or a zone doesn't work properly, so they add a 7th phase to fix that problems.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #66124
    Quote Originally Posted by fear View Post
    That will be very easy to tell if it's real as expansion ptr's are normally up for 2ish months which would mean it would need to be put up very soon. Probably close to the same time as beta starting which should be in the next 1-2 weeks from what they said.
    Shadowlands:

    Pre patch PTR release date: August 12th 2020
    Pre patch release date: October 13th 2020

    BFA:

    Pre patch PTR release date: 14th June 2018
    Pre patch release date: 17th July 2018

    Legion:

    Pre patch PTR release date: 14th June 2016
    Pre patch release date: 19th July 2016


    I wouldn't expect the DF pre patch on the PTR before the middle to end of September if the leaked dates are real.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  5. #66125
    Servers down yet?

  6. #66126
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Would be odd to update buildings and have higher texture stuff next to lower texture stuff though?
    That's already the case with many NPC models. Its rather jarring to see an HD gnoll now next to the very dated textures in Westfall.

    But that said, if they were planning on slowly updating the old world you would think they would go for the skybox first. Since that's probably one of the lowest efforts ways they could dramatically make the old world look better.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-08-16 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #66127
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Replace buildings around the world.... without updating the zone as a whole.

    Wonderful idea, the zones sure are gonna look fine with HD buildings sitting next to ancient polygon trees and environment textures that consist of exactly 5 pixels.
    This already happens every time they upgrade NPC models. Go check Maraudon after DF releases. Or when they updated Arathi/Hillsbrad buildings.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-08-16 at 07:45 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #66128
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Shadowlands:

    Pre patch PTR release date: August 12th 2020
    Pre patch release date: October 13th 2020

    BFA:

    Pre patch PTR release date: 14th June 2018
    Pre patch release date: 17th July 2018

    Legion:

    Pre patch PTR release date: 14th June 2016
    Pre patch release date: 19th July 2016


    I wouldn't expect the DF pre patch on the PTR before the middle to end of September if the leaked dates are real.
    Could be any week before mid september too

  9. #66129
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    World revamp meme will never die!
    That is because it is not a meme but a certain future, next expansion actually for sure too.

  10. #66130
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    That is because it is not a meme but a certain future, next expansion actually for sure too.
    Actually for sure 100% this time definitely no doubt guaranteed as foretold?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  11. #66131
    Shit, leak got very credible just in few hours. Now I really want to know how they will deal with Season 1 if release is Nov 28th. I see 4 options (listed from least to most likely):

    1) Move everything to January - very unlikely, but you know we thought 2022 release will be impossible as well. But I think 5+ weeks with just M0 would kill whole hype pretty fast.

    2) Raid coming 13th December, Mythic 20th. I know they don't want to repeat Sepulcher sitution, but it's likely race will last more than 5 days. If affects like ~200 people at most, but still would be shitty thing to do from Blizzard.

    3) Mythic difficulty coming on 13th December along Normal/Heroic, on 20th only first wing LFR. That would be my favourite solution, don't raid Mythic so I don't know how these guys react - still looks like better alternative than Christmas raiding though.

    4) Imo most likely - we will have just 1 week of no season, raid coming 6th, mythic 13th. In this case expect many "do you neeeeed??" in mythic dungeons on first week.

    But still, it's strange they would corner themselves so much with this date. Looks like there is no room for delay. Even slightest delay could cause 2023 release and missing Christmas season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    World revamp meme will never die!
    Yep, this will be main thing during 11.0 speculation, especially since (presumably) next expansion will launch around 20th anniversary.

  12. #66132
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yep, this will be main thing during 11.0 speculation, especially since (presumably) next expansion will launch around 20th anniversary.
    Honestly for me, it will die if it's not in 11.0

  13. #66133
    If nothing else, it is amusing to me to see world revamp people go "this is it, this is the expansion for it" time and again.

    Broken clock and all that jazz, I suppose.

  14. #66134
    I agree, the game will die without a world revamp in 11.0.

    This shits getting ooooold

  15. #66135
    The longer we wait, the higher chance a world revamp is likely to happen. The game is getting older and while the new player experience is pretty good, so much of the old world is outdated and as time marches on it becomes much more obvious.

  16. #66136
    where build reeeeeeeeeeeee

  17. #66137
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    where build reeeeeeeeeeeee
    It's 3:40 CST wait

  18. #66138
    The look of the Dracthyr ruined all good will I had for a dragon themed expansion. All "badass-ness" just went out the window when they were introduced. A talent calculator that has me spec into things I already currently have as a Feral Druid is boring. Meh, I'm the fence. I might just play classic WoW for a little bit longer and retire. I'm not a fan of Disney/Pixar graphics. Just not my cup of tee.

  19. #66139
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly for me, it will die if it's not in 11.0
    Depends what you mean by revamp. Many people expect something like Cata revamp, so whole leveling 1-X in new areas. So de facto WoW II.

    I think more about revisiting EK or Kalimdor which is much, much more feasible. We even had sorta kinda something like that in WoD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The longer we wait, the higher chance a world revamp is likely to happen. The game is getting older and while the new player experience is pretty good, so much of the old world is outdated and as time marches on it becomes much more obvious.
    You got that "revamp" with SL. Currently ALL content older than BfA with few exceptions (DK starting zone, dunno why older races can't pick Bolvar intro) is "archiva" content that new player won't even see before endgame.

    Sure, they can refresh textures from time to time like when they have some resources to spare, but pointless to change old content itself. I bet that if Cata would come today, old world wouldn't be erased, but kept as side stuff as well.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-08-16 at 09:04 PM.

  20. #66140
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Depends what you mean by revamp. Many people expect something like Cata revamp, so whole leveling 1-X in new areas. So de facto WoW II.

    I think more about revisiting EK or Kalimdor which is much, much more feasible. We even had sorta kinda something like that in WoD.
    I don't think Northrend is out of the question either, there's a lot of assets in Dragonflight that are basically just uprezzed Northrend assets. And with WotLK Classic being a thing there's not a lot of reason to keep Northrend as it is now around either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •