1. #66141
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If they were that close you'd see Outland in every azerothian skybox.
    Well I think that you can actually see Azeroth from the Black Temple: http://i.imgur.com/CHTJ8Im.jpg

    I guess that that means that they are on the same solar system and pretty close, unless it was retconned at some point.

    Really enjoyed Ion's interview BTW, I think that DF will be an amazing surprise, I just hope that it has a .3 patch.
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2022-08-25 at 09:39 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  2. #66142
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Imo Ion sorta kinda confirmed "leaked" 28th November release. This way they can release everything 13th December and be done with race before Christmas.

    And for sure it shows Blizzard has no intentions to move raids after Christmas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Evokers gonna have hero/bloodlust, a new class will have battle res.
    If I remember correctly he hinted Paladins for battle res.

    EDIT: Also Ion confirmed something we were speculating about even before Alpha (and called out to be too optimistic) - no complicated systems are making Beta way easier. This (and more complete Alpha from day 1) explain why testing period is so short.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-08-25 at 09:43 PM.

  3. #66143
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,846
    Druids/priests will get info soon.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  4. #66144
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Ion confirmingggg all 3 difficulties releasing at once aka Raid comes out during holidays? // DF releasing in Nov

    Source: Limit Max intv on Twitch just now
    hopefuly this also means that we get it all on LFR at once too

  5. #66145
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    hopefuly this also means that we get it all on LFR at once too
    I doubt. They always try to encourage people to do at least Normal. Imo it would feel pretty shit if you (as casual/newbie) learn/prepare for fights, go outside your comfort zone to find group for raid and your buddy Steve was like "lol dude what are you doing, just click this button and you will be done in 2 hours half AFK". Of course better loot is always good encouragement, but I think simple curiosity and desire to "complete" instance is far stronger incentive.

    Maaybe they will release 1st wing with Normal/Heroic/Mythic, but that's it.

  6. #66146
    Let's gooooo no prep week for mythic race I'm here for it

  7. #66147
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    hopefuly this also means that we get it all on LFR at once too
    LFR does not count the same as other difficulties… <> sorry, its not even a debate or hot take its just different and a way for everyone to see the raid… in time.

  8. #66148
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Druids/priests will get info soon.
    Well, last patch did actually contain a (minor, but mechanical rather than simply tuning) change to Druid talents, so there appears to be work being done on them.

  9. #66149
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Ion confirmingggg all 3 difficulties releasing at once aka Raid comes out during holidays? // DF releasing in Nov

    Source: Limit Max intv on Twitch just now
    Ion specifically asked what the feel about it was and said it wasn't set in stone.

  10. #66150
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    Ion specifically asked what the feel about it was and said it wasn't set in stone.
    Well, it's WoW community, reaction will be useless, lot of people will say it's shit change, lot it's good/great. I think he just used this interview to prepare people for it mentally and Nov 28th leak (or "leak") is correct.

  11. #66151
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Forget about Sabellian or Wrathion, Vazallia should become the next Aspect.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...85793059725313
    I haven't seen the OG remastered Dragon model flying before, this looks so cool!

    Even with all the drakes and dragons additions through the years, the one that I like the most is still the OG design.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Ion confirmingggg all 3 difficulties releasing at once aka Raid comes out during holidays? // DF releasing in Nov

    Source: Limit Max intv on Twitch just now
    Yeah, it seems like Blizzard really wants to release DF Season 1 in December.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And for sure it shows Blizzard has no intentions to move raids after Christmas.
    I don't like it, but after looking at the overall community reaction, I think I'm on the minority side.

  12. #66152
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I don't like it, but after looking at the overall community reaction, I think I'm on the minority side.
    I'm patient, I would have no problem with moving raids to January and doing casual content during Christmas. But I know WoW community, expansion would be considered dead on arrival after 5+ weeks without raiding/M+. Hell, it will be considered dead on arrival if we won't have 10.1 info before February.

  13. #66153
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well I think that you can actually see Azeroth from the Black Temple: http://i.imgur.com/CHTJ8Im.jpg

    I guess that that means that they are on the same solar system and pretty close, unless it was retconned at some point.

    Really enjoyed Ion's interview BTW, I think that DF will be an amazing surprise, I just hope that it has a .3 patch.
    That screenshot actually doesn't make much sense. Outland might aswell be Azeroth's moon if it's that close.

  14. #66154
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Druids/priests will get info soon.
    Looking forward to priest.

  15. #66155
    CR to another class. How about giving CR to the class that originally had it in WC3? Paladins together with shaman should be THE buff classes of the WoW yet as it is now many other classes have far more meaningful buffs than poor pallies.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I doubt. They always try to encourage people to do at least Normal. Imo it would feel pretty shit if you (as casual/newbie) learn/prepare for fights, go outside your comfort zone to find group for raid and your buddy Steve was like "lol dude what are you doing, just click this button and you will be done in 2 hours half AFK". Of course better loot is always good encouragement, but I think simple curiosity and desire to "complete" instance is far stronger incentive.

    Maaybe they will release 1st wing with Normal/Heroic/Mythic, but that's it.
    I honestly don't think anyone who chooses to do it in LFR would actually try to do it on Normal in the first place. It is targeted to a very different crowd.

  16. #66156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    CR to another class. How about giving CR to the class that originally had it in WC3? Paladins together with shaman should be THE buff classes of the WoW yet as it is now many other classes have far more meaningful buffs than poor pallies.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I honestly don't think anyone who chooses to do it in LFR would actually try to do it on Normal in the first place. It is targeted to a very different crowd.
    depends
    if they did WoD style loot then probably
    if its the same loot just different ilvl youd get some raiders (myself included) going into lfr for certain pieces or trying out ways to cheese mechanics

    and pally is likely the CR class
    so we end up with 3/6 tanks that can CR which is pretty nice

  17. #66157
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Interesting. I've seen the other explanation way more often than this so I wonder how much weight it really holds. At some point they gave a lot of people the impression of the opposite because I just looked up "no alternate Azeroth" and found people discussing that exact thing: pocket dimension with no Azeroth attached to it
    Probably because that explanation makes so much more sense.

  18. #66158
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, it's WoW community, reaction will be useless, lot of people will say it's shit change, lot it's good/great. I think he just used this interview to prepare people for it mentally and Nov 28th leak (or "leak") is correct.
    You're most likely right. He may have said hypothetical, but he knows the wow crowd will run with that and riot if it doesn't happen now. lol

  19. #66159
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone who chooses to do it in LFR would actually try to do it on Normal in the first place. It is targeted to a very different crowd.
    It's strange for me when LFR and Normal+ players are treated like beings from different universes. Of course there are people that no longer enjoy raiding and want just see story/complete quest in LFR. But ton of people never experienced real raiding and without little push from Blizzard they don't know what they are (potentially) missing. Of course Blizzard could do a lot more, I would love in-game tool similar to old OpenRaid where guildless people could apply to scheduled events and earn reputation.

  20. #66160
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's strange for me when LFR and Normal+ players are treated like beings from different universes. Of course there are people that no longer enjoy raiding and want just see story/complete quest in LFR. But ton of people never experienced real raiding and without little push from Blizzard they don't know what they are (potentially) missing. Of course Blizzard could do a lot more, I would love in-game tool similar to old OpenRaid where guildless people could apply to scheduled events and earn reputation.
    I'm really casual when it comes to WoW to begin with. But I don't like LFR. Every time I enter I have no idea what's going on, it's just too many people, there's stuff all over the place that isn't really dangerous and because of that I never get to actually learn the fight. I would like to raid on normal in DF but without going to LFR first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •