Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    What, you don't like the scalies?
    Lis'n 'ere, you little...

Jokes aside... Being Dragons and Furrybait isn't the issue. They are just remarkably lazy for how much they clap themselves on the back. The customisations for one are basically just 50 more textured layed on. The difference between faces is just about above Pandaren-Level, because you can change the muzzle area... but they always got the same eyes, same headshape... If you put 50 Dracthyr in a room, you will likely get at most 3 distuingishable looks together because of horns and and colors. And considering the level of blizzard-bullshit talk they gave with the "millions of options" thats quite pathetic.

Of course there is more. I could run a 30 Minute rant about how lame they turned out to be, and how this is evidently just corner cutting if you put them next to how Worgen handle their transformation...

And don't even let me start of the 1995-Raver Look the Dracthyr get in their Humanoid form, which is not for 1 second able to hide they are just rehashed human and bloodelf models again.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2022-09-03 at 12:15 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Btw, they added the sources for the different tier colours with this build - blue is the hc tint *yay*

looks like the SOT1O
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Lis'n 'ere, you little...

Jokes aside... Being Dragons and Furrybait isn't the issue. They are just remarkably lazy for how much they clap themselves on the back. The customisations for one are basically just 50 more textured layed on. The difference between faces is just about above Pandaren-Level, because you can change the muzzle area... but they always got the same eyes, same headshape... If you put 50 Dracthyr in a room, you will likely get at most 3 distuingishable looks together because of horns and and colors. And considering the level of blizzard-bullshit talk they gave with the "millions of options" thats quite pathetic.

Of course there is more. I could run a 30 Minute rant about how lame they turned out to be, and how this is evidently just corner cutting if you put them next to how Worgen handle their transformation...

And don't even let me start of the 1995-Raver Look the Dracthyr get in their Humanoid form, which is not for 1 second able to hide they are just rehashed human and bloodelf models again.
    Nah thry are pretty cool and among non toxic groups people are loving it. Sure we all want MORE options but if u dont see the great majority of people liking them you probably are in a bubble of people with similar opinions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Don't 100% recall, but I don't believe they were. I think Gnome Hunters were opened for that PTR however. I did find this link with people talking about how they weren't available at that point on the PTR, so I suspect they weren't.
    They were. The legion invasion quest started with the dhs exposing the invaders and u were sent to the dh camp. It was a little awkward because dh talents and abilities were based on max lvl since they started at 98, so they were stuck at 100 for the entire pre event and lacked some abilities. But they did have an advantage leading the charge do to getting more heals and damage after killing a demon and their cc working on demons.

I think the confusion might be...and this is where i am fuzzy, is that the invasion was 3 or 4 weeks and they were only available for 2 weeks before. Remember the invasions happened once a day and ramped up until there would be 3 going on at a time
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Ok...

So what do you think explains the Dragon Isles now? Think real rreeeeaalll hard about this btw
    I feel like the islands being a cluster of magic filled places, elemental or otherwise, while also containing a huge titan facility that can and does affect the whole region is a pretty good explanation on its own.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    On the flip side, my impression of the dracthyr improved as I got to play one in alpha. Not sure I will play one in live (if only because I'm not enamored with evoker) but I went from "Meh" to "pleasantly surprised how much I like this character."

To each their own.
    Have to agree with this. I wasn't exactly ambivalent on Dracthyr but I definitely gained a bigger appreciation of the spec when I actually played it. It almost plays like a spell warrior, or some other variant of melee spellcaster.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I feel like the islands being a cluster of magic filled places, elemental or otherwise, while also containing a huge titan facility that can and does affect the whole region is a pretty good explanation on its own.
    I'm also going to assume that there is a reason Tyr build the Isles there and had the dragons moved there. I expect the Isles to be right over some crucial Titan facility and that Tyr brought them there above Tyrhold so they would effectively guard it.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Neat, post the results.
    i think this didnt turn out awful for about 20 seconds of work

Btw, they added the sources for the different tier colours with this build - blue is the hc tint *yay*
    Can we see Shaman please?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Can we see Shaman please?
    Sure, let me know if you wanna see any other class too ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

The mythic tint has an additional lightning effect which you can't really show with the screenshots haha, but it's there. Really cool, as it looks like the "lesser" difficulties will still have their normal glow effect just without the additional lightning bolts *fingers crossed*.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Sure, let me know if you wanna see any other class too ^.^

- - - Updated - - -

The mythic tint has an additional lightning effect which you can't really show with the screenshots haha, but it's there. Really cool, as it looks like the "lesser" difficulties will still have their normal glow effect just without the additional lightning bolts *fingers crossed*.
    Why fingers crossed? That has been the norm for the past few tiers.. Mythic gets another colour + some added effects. See Antorus, see Nighthold, BFA etc etc. This is nothing new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Why fingers crossed? That has been the norm for the past few tiers.. Mythic gets another colour + some added effects. See Antorus, see Nighthold, BFA etc etc. This is nothing new.
    Have you played BfA and Shadowlands? They gimped all the lower difficulty sets even when they had some glow effects going on in earlier ptr /beta iterations. Only with Sepulcher did we get lfr/nh/hc sets that actually looked decent compared to Mythic.

Honestly, last two expansions non-mythic tints looked like leveling gear from legion, quality wise ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I wonder why they chose the green variant instead of the red one. Kinda breakup the elemental theme by not really having the red fire themed one.
    Not even sure what element the LFR variant is even supposed to be.

Vault of the Incarnates off-set pieces also heavily lean towards the Shaman set, which hopefully get changed a tad. Would at least hope for the Evoker shoulders to be available to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you played BfA and Shadowlands? They gimped all the lower difficulty sets even when they had some glow effects going on in earlier ptr /beta iterations. Only with Sepulcher did we get lfr/nh/hc sets that actually looked decent compared to Mythic.

Honestly, last two expansions non-mythic tints looked like leveling gear from legion, quality wise ...
    Does kinda make sense for this set though. With the exception of LFR all the sets are based on an element, and the effects are only Wind themed. Would probably look a bit weird to have yellow lightning stream from what is supposed to be a storm themed set.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wonder why they chose the green variant instead of the red one. Kinda breakup the elemental theme by not really having the red fire themed one.
    Not even sure what element the LFR variant is even supposed to be.

Vault of the Incarnates off-set pieces also heavily lean towards the Shaman set, which hopefully get changed a tad. Would at least hope for the Evoker shoulders to be available to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Does kinda make sense for this set though. With the exception of LFR all the sets are based on an element, and the effects are only Wind themed. Would probably look a bit weird to have yellow lightning stream from what is supposed to be a storm themed set.
    Well to be fair, the green one can easily represent earth (or spirit?) while the orange one is fire already. My guess is that the darker red will be the tint for the pvp elite set.

And yeah, while it kinda makes sense I'm just hoping it's the way to go for future sets - lfr/nh/hc often have quite awesome colour schemes and it's just sad to see them getting nerfed just for the mythic one to pop more. The way the newer ones are handled is far better - give every set a glow with additional stuff for the mythic one and everyone is happy.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well to be fair, the green one can easily represent earth (or spirit?) while the orange one is fire already. My guess is that the darker red will be the tint for the pvp elite set.

And yeah, while it kinda makes sense I'm just hoping it's the way to go for future sets - lfr/nh/hc often have quite awesome colour schemes and it's just sad to see them getting nerfed just for the mythic one to pop more. The way the newer ones are handled is far better - give every set a glow with additional stuff for the mythic one and everyone is happy.
    PvP has its own set, so it likely won't be recolours of the raid set. I guess it could be an extra reward for Elite, but still.

7+ Year Old Account
    PvP has its own set, so it likely won't be recolours of the raid set. I guess it could be an extra reward for Elite, but still.
    So far, the earlier datamined "pvp" tints are used for crafting and open world stuff though. Red for crafting, blue for open world pve and yellow for open world pvp iirc.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-03 at 09:33 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So far, the earlier datamined "pvp" tints are used for crafting and open world stuff though. Red for crafting, blue for open world pve and yellow for open world pvp iirc.
    Ohh yeah, good point.

Feels like Alliance kinda gets ahfted on recolours in that case. Not sure how the blue variant will really stick out compared to the HC set, at least compared to the likely vibrant red given to Horde compared to the yellow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ohh yeah, good point.

Feels like Alliance kinda gets ahfted on recolours in that case. Not sure how the blue variant will really stick out compared to the HC set, at least compared to the likely vibrant red given to Horde compared to the yellow.
    I somewhat doubt we will get different faction recolours for pvp, we didn't get them with Shadowlands either. My guess would be that they will just use the purple "pvp" set for conquest stuff and the dark red tier one for the elite set? Maybe the green "pvp" one for honour? Keep in mind that we will prolly keep the tier forge so honour and conquest level gear could just take on the appearance of lfr/normal tier if you change it (no clue how it works in Shadowlands currently tbh).
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-03 at 09:52 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I somewhat doubt we will get different faction recolours for pvp, we didn't get them with Shadowlands either. My guess would be that they will just use the purple "pvp" set for conquest stuff and the dark red tier one for the elite set? Maybe the green "pvp" one for honour? Keep in mind that we will prolly keep the tier forge so honour and conquest level gear could just take on the appearance of lfr/normal tier if you change it (no clue how it works in Shadowlands currently tbh).
    Certainly possible. Would definitely hope for red being the regular set and purple being the elite. Would be a crying shane if I was unable to make a Deathwing themed set only if I farm rated PvP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Certainly possible. Would definitely hope for red being the regular set and purple being the elite. Would be a crying shane if I was unable to make a Deathwing themed set only if I farm rated PvP.
    You can get this one via crafting:

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The primalist sets are great. I hope they add m+ sets at some point, which get rotated onto a vendor at the end of every season so you can buy them from previous seasons.