Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Is threads of fate continuing in DF?
    Hope so! I can't imagine doing SL content in the intended order again.. I imagine it'll feel the same in DF.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Can shamans / hunters wear the Evoker armor and vice versa?
    Not many off-set pieces available from the Evoker set, but in case that changes then there isnt anything stopping Shamans and Hunters from wearing the same gear, no.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    So, they have replaced the old Spirit Healer model with random Kyrian NPCs all over Azeroth.

I hate this.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, they have replaced the old Spirit Healer model with random Kyrian NPCs all over Azeroth.

I hate this.
    This is a good thing tho. The objectification of women is a problem that needs to be dealt with. The old Spirit Healer model was overtly and unnecessarily sexualized. Kyrians don't dress like that. So personally I like this change.

I hate this.
    Did they change Spirit of Redemption? Also don't we have specific lore that says that the Spirit Healers of Azeroth were Val'kyr made by Odyn that went rogue and sided with neither him nor Helya? How about Anara?

I hate this.
    And? It's the correct choice by all metrics. We saw it clearly in the Kyrian questline that the Spirit Healers were just regular Kyrians. They just looked like that because Kyrians were not a concept back then. The other option would have just to either have a glaring plothole, or hastily create some weird lore at the tail end of SL to explain why the developers were too lazy to change the old model.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And? It's the correct choice by all metrics. We saw it clearly in the Kyrian questline that the Spirit Healers were just regular Kyrians. They just looked like that because Kyrians were not a concept back then. The other option would have just to either have a glaring plothole, or hastily create some weird lore at the tail end of SL to explain why the developers were too lazy to change the old model.
    I'm gonna check it out in a second and do some screen shots if I can find any Kyrians in the old world. Gonna say I would like a mix rather than a 100% replacement, otherwise the priest spell will have no (correct?) lore anymore I guess.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Eh, that was a retcon. We don't know if it is valid for every spirit healer or just the one we interacted with in the Redridge questline; the old lore might still be true.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, atleast Stormwind still has the classic Spirit Healer.

Nothing wrong if they really would have replaced a few of them with Kyrians though, but so far I couldn't find one by dying randomly in the old world.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

It was a retcon that made the world more cohesive so its alright

It's not like Spirit Healers had an extensive lore before Shadowlands, there was one line in Chronicles and thats it lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

It's not like Spirit Healers had an extensive lore before Shadowlands, there was one line in Chronicles and thats it lol
    I checked like 6 different spirit healers now and they all have the old model. Would really like to know where exactly the supposed Kyrian Spirit Healers should be lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I checked like 6 different spirit healers now and they all have the old model. Would really like to know where exactly the supposed Kyrian Spirit Healers should be lol.
    Maybe the ones on the Dragon Isles?

We had a questline with Anara and Azuregos, it wove into the lore of what Odyn did which was central to Legion and even part of Shadowlands. It even explained why we keep getting rez'd when most people stay dead; the Spirit Healers of Azeroth are rogue and have taken a liking to the PC. I felt it was an elegant use of the lore that worked to tie in everything together while this change is disruptive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, I still think it's a shame they abandoned the planned content about Spirithealers and Spiritkillers in Shadowlands. Instead of these awesome concept arts including their gardens we got the boring Kyrian stuff that we ended up with, with no real answer why the classic spirithealers are different from the other Kyrians ....

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the ones on the Dragon Isles?
    Nope, alteast Waking Shores also has the old one:

At this point, that claim feels more like Shadowlands hating than anything else tbh.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    And?
    Replacing one of wows most iconic NPC models is a bummer.

It's the correct choice by all metrics.
    Why?
    It's completely unnecessary, especially as the Spirit healers are already Kyrian to begin with.

The model change is just a flat out downgrade.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...61658082635776

Formerly known as Arafal

So, atleast Stormwind still has the classic Spirit Healer.

Nothing wrong if they really would have replaced a few of them with Kyrians though, but so far I couldn't find one by dying randomly in the old world.
    Sigh, that's a pity. Thanks for checking tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Replacing one of wows most iconic NPC models is a bummer.

Why?
    It's completely unnecessary, especially as the Spirit healers are already Kyrian to begin with.

The model change is just a flat out downgrade.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...61658082635776
    Well, for me that's not the case on the beta right now, and I literally visited two of the spots in his screenshots, so it may have been a bug. Iirc there is a toy that turns Spirit Healers into Kyrians (just like there is one for Bwonsamdi and the Valkyr), so we know they are able to flag them to appear differently for your character. Maybe that's what caused it, idk.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-04 at 08:12 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We had a questline with Anara and Azuregos, it wove into the lore of what Odyn did which was central to Legion and even part of Shadowlands. It even explained why we keep getting rez'd when most people stay dead; the Spirit Healers of Azeroth are rogue and have taken a liking to the PC. I felt it was an elegant use of the lore that worked to tie in everything together while this change is disruptive.
    The joke questline where Azuregos wants to fuck a Spirit Healer, and that doesn't actually say anything about what a Spirit Healer is?

The lore of the Spirit Healers is hardly relevant, and once again, there is one singular line in Chronicles about them, saying that some Val'kyr went into the Shadowlands after Odyn was imprisoned.

That's it.

Also, lmao where does it say that the Spirit Healers "like the players"? Some headcanon or what?

Retcons are fine if they are used to actually establish better lore, and if it means scrubbing lore that is literally two sentences from a book, then that's fine. Having Spirit Healers and Kyrians be two separate entities would be stupid.

Anyway, this is a moot point. The model that is used is probably the wrong one or a bug.

Spirit Healers had already received an updated model in Shadowlands, so it doesn't make sense to use a generic Kyrian NPC model now.

Now, even if they used that model, they would still be Kyrians. All Spirit Healers are Kyrians.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-09-04 at 08:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, lmao where does it say that the Spirit Healers "like the players"? Some headcanon or what?
    Because that is defo a waifu material for some.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Don't know why, but I really love the Dragonflight aesthetics. They strike some kind of nostalgia with me. Shadowlands never, at no point, made me feel like Dragonflight in regards of WoW.

The zones, the mounts, the pets - it just feels completely different to everything we got during Shadowlands - there I couldn't care less, I was completely oblivious towards most of it. In Dragonflight it just feels like... home.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again