Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, Blizzard sometimes is weird with character usage(Note character usage not necessarily how they are portrayed and no Anduin is not more interesting off the throne). Some characters just kinda don't get used in relevancy. Worst examples is Baine or now Malfy.
    Malfurion had so much potential
    They could have brought him in during SL for tyrande and kinda have them do the whole "I must stop you my love *proceeds to get stomped by lover who then realizes their problem*" but instead we go to him just peacing out

Illidan finding out will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, Blizzard sometimes is weird with character usage(Note character usage not necessarily how they are portrayed and no Anduin is not more interesting off the throne). Some characters just kinda don't get used in relevancy. Worst examples is Baine or now Malfy.
    Interesting isn't a useful metric here, because it's subjective. I agree that Baine is under utilized, but I think someone like Illidan, who's been promenant for years, is far more boring than Anduin. It's completely up to personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLion View Post
    I'd agree except that Zappyboi was dropped post BFA. And we know nothing about Stony Tony. I also don't count Denathrius because it's been admitted it's not writing that made him great, it was Ray Chase's delivery. Bwonsamdi too tbh. If we can have a new character survive with us longer than one expansion narratively I'd be more inclined to agree more but as it stands it just seems to me the community is angry regardless.
    Zappyboi is a part of the new horde council and bwonsamdi has taken an interest in him so not really dropped just not needed for inter-dimensional cosmic threats.

The proudmore zombie brother and his light undead lover have decent potential as long as we don't just get her being passive and peace focused

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Zappyboi is a part of the new horde council and bwonsamdi has taken an interest in him so not really dropped just not needed for inter-dimensional cosmic threats.

The proudmore zombie brother and his light undead lover have decent potential as long as we don't just get her being passive and peace focused
    Ummm, did she show ANY signs of hostility? All I saw was her wanting to lift Forsaken pain of existence. Plus, we really shouldn't expect any meaningful faction conflict in the future.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yeah, saying he was "dropped" is rather ignoring that we went somewhere he isn't. Of course he doesn't show up, he is busy on Azeroth. Might as well complain Greymane and Turalyon aren't showing up.

Though more leaders not shoving the Horde down the path of conquest is exactly what they need. That never got them anywhere. It's time they focus on more fruitful endeavours and outcompete the Alliance economically like an adult nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ummm, did she show ANY signs of hostility? All I saw was her wanting to lift Forsaken pain of existence. Plus, we really shouldn't expect any meaningful faction conflict in the future.
    What I mean is her taking a back seat and just being a figure head that only appears to say "we must unite" and all that

Calia was pretty much created by the Light, created by a Naaru that had fully descended into a void state for millenia before being brought back. "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all." I think Calia is the product of that bargain. Imo when the Light expansion comes, Calia will inevitably be involved and she is a far more obvious pawn of the Light than certain people's obsession Turalyon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Some minor resto changes added as well. I am really thinking I might play some feral this xpac, always enjoyed that spec and the talent tree is very interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got access to beta. Does anyone know how to create a lv58 dracthyr to try out the starting zone? It will only let me create lvl60 characters.

I just went through Dragon Soul thinking I could get a selfie with all the Aspects for this beta competition to discover how limited the damn selfie is. Really now, they wasted a patch developing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I just went through Dragon Soul thinking I could get a selfie with all the Aspects for this beta competition to discover how limited the damn selfie is. Really now, they wasted a patch developing that?
    So in actuality you're really saying "I wasn't able to do the things required to win a beta key so I could "play" the expansion, therefore I am not going to admit I couldn't do it but blame the developers and claim they wasted a patch." Get real Snowflake...I'm sure plenty of people have completed the task. Quit with the damn "wasted a patch" bit...got real old a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    So in actuality you're really saying "I wasn't able to do the things required to win a beta key so I could "play" the expansion, therefore I am not going to admit I couldn't do it but blame the developers and claim they wasted a patch." Get real Snowflake...I'm sure plenty of people have completed the task. Quit with the damn "wasted a patch" bit...got real old a long time ago.
    ? Is this sarcasm? I still got selfies, I just had to get four separate ones and collage them. But really that feature needed more work, let me get a wide shot or something. Maybe some NPC interaction where NPCs realize they are in a selfie and look to the camera.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-17 at 06:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunters suddenly get a r̶a̶i̶d̶ party wide CD:

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calia was pretty much created by the Light, created by a Naaru that had fully descended into a void state for millenia before being brought back. "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all." I think Calia is the product of that bargain. Imo when the Light expansion comes, Calia will inevitably be involved and she is a far more obvious pawn of the Light than certain people's obsession Turalyon.
    She got ressed ye.., in a unique way, but I dont think she was a devoted follower or anything. She was just lucky these forces were there to help her. I cant compare her to some one like Turalyon, who is a devoted light follower in all its glory, while calia just wants to help her people, her faith is not a main topic here.

No matter how hard people try to stirr the wheel the other way. Its a not a matter of obsession, its more like he fits in every way without even trying. I can understand why you say calia, but what we have seen from her.. it doesnt seem like that is an arc for her, she is all about restoring.

I cant really think of some one who has an obsession with the guy.. besides one person. Lets not summon him.

It's mostly just a few people online (all Horde players ofc) still resenting SoO and wanting an Alliance counterpart in Stormwind.

It doesn't make any actual logical sense for Turalyon, the man who put aside his grudges to stop the Legion alongside the Illidari (monsters), to become a villain, nor will he actually become a villain, since they already pushed Yrel to be a villain.

Besides, as we have seen so far, Regent Turalyon is the best ruler Stormwind has had in modern years. Unlike Varian and Anduin, his reign is currently marked by several years of internal stability and peace. No doubt thanks to his advisors too, chiefly amongst them Alleria Windrunner.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-09-17 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    She got ressed ye.., in a unique way, but I dont think she was a devoted follower or anything. She was just lucky these forces were there to help her. I cant compare her to some one like Turalyon, who is a devoted light follower in all its glory, while calia just wants to help her people, her faith is not a main topic here.
    From my understanding this character doesn't fit that trope. No. Not in cannon.

You know what character did? Tyrande.

Cannon all the way back to WC3, "Only the Goddess commands me what to do."

From all other cannon among many expansions... Yet all I received was a small clip of her faith. It was beautiful clip , too bad it made absolutely no sense. Instead all the other clips that we did receive was her going melee/demon hunter which isn't cannon, decapitating male characters right and left. With a scowl on her face. Truly disgusting imagery. That made no sense to what that character ever was. Seemed like some bitter ex lover propaganda to me, or someone who just enjoys spreading violent, hateful messages.

I heard RoP has done the same thing to Galadriel. Made her character into melee when she was one of the most powerful spell casters. (Tyrande was a priestess btw) Such an uproar about it, now image if they had her decapitating a majority of strong/important male characters. How it would settle with the audience. This media needs to do people a favor and not tamper with cannon to push an agenda.

As for Calia, I don't even understand why they would put her in this expansion. SLs was the time to do it when the Forsaken leader was having a closing arc. They are suppose to be done with death and focus on life which should naturally overall create a more positive atmosphere. With less abusive messaging and agenda. Just characters having fun.

I am tired of the Night Elves too it has been several expansions of it. I am over with what they did with them. It has just become boring. Ya I have made it clear several times I am not impressed what unfolded with them but in all honesty I am genuinely tired of staying on the same topic. Same goes for several characters I have seen get screen time for way too long. I have been stating this for years, I am curious to know it they actually listened. Like they claim they do.. with so few remaining paying customers left.

Hunters suddenly get a r̶a̶i̶d̶ party wide CD:

Hardly a great one annoyingly. Maybe if it was raid wide it would be something great. Or better yet, didn't require investing two talent points to get.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

anyone not subbed got into beta ?
    12/12

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hardly a great one annoyingly. Maybe if it was raid wide it would be something great. Or better yet, didn't require investing two talent points to get.
    I think its not bad. It doesn't have a real cooldown, only requires you to spend focus (lets say 45-60 seconds average) and can help out tanks a lot in progression so survive heavy magic damage better.
    Is it a buff that hunters needed? Absolutely not. But in a world where priests can't have an interrupt why not give out magic damage reduction to hunters? Makes sense to me.