7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Spawning a quintillion Shadowy Apparitions on the PTR is hella fun.
    This awkward moment when Void Eruption lost most of it's relevancy due to being put on the side of tree (and due to Dark Ascension being back). I see many opinions that VE should be simply scrapped. People on PTR are simply not taking it and popping off anyway.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-10 at 08:30 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This awkward moment when Void Eruption lost most of it's relevancy due to being put on the side of tree (and due to Dark Ascension being back). I see many opinions that VE should be simply scrapped. People on PTR are simply not taking it and popping off anyway.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard is going to treat Dragonflight as one big experiment in what kind of playstyle various classes gravitate towards.
    There are definitely intended playstyles and such but with some of the strict choices removed you might see certain abilities just get left by the wayside.

Powerful cooldowns is a good example. Yes it's obviously good, but with most being optional, as well as many talents strictly buffing that one ability i wouldn't be surprised if some specs simply forgot weaker one in order to gorge themselves on all the other options.

Trueshot isn't exactly a great cooldown for MM. And all it would realistically take is a tier with less important burst windows for it to likely be s rapped in favor of more burst AoE for instance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    They can always reverse the valor system to limit how much you can spen per week instead of gow much you can pool.

That way you don't have an incentive to farm like crazy at the beginning of a game week.
    Time gating of a sort, its bothersome to me iMO but.... I'm not one to scream about timegating. Not trying to be annoying either, just trying to show what may eventually happen if they do it, I understand of course.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I have seen being suggested so far, was to make it a nod pick between VE and DA, followed up by the critt buff you build for VE etc. Having both is just .. uch. It feels very awkward. I also skipped it on the ptr, but simply because you don't have as much points and other options seem better for now to play with.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-09-11 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They actually did finish most of the old "unfinished plotlines" with Legion and set up a bunch of new ones with BfA, so yes, we will see all of the Zereth's down the line (asuming the game will go on for the next 10-30+ years). It's free pre-known content on the scale of Ny'alotha or any "Uld" facility. You can hate all you want, but Zereth Mortis was well recieved and the raid, while overtuned, was super awesome from both an encounter PoV and it's looks.
    What exactly does this have to do with "hate"? It's a simple observation. Sure, if this game goes on for 20 more years we might finish all those five missing Zereths, but again, let's be real here. Maybe we visit another one as a real zone or in a "flash forward" / "flash backward" type of scenario. Or maybe we don't do any of that. People are still waiting for Undermine, aren't they? Here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Spawning a quintillion Shadowy Apparitions on the PTR is hella fun.
    You playing the build that's dedicated towards that? Was my first approach for Shadow as well, pick all you can to make Shadowy Apparitions better and proc more often.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

To be fair i feel like its the first real talent tree shadow got, so there is a lot of room for improvement and work to be done. Mind games, Mind spike, void form are the biggest problems that need improvements imo.
    There are also weird builds that work like simply spamming mind flay: insanity the whole fight without doing anything else (besides casting plague obv). And i don't know if thats intended by blizzard or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    To be fair i feel like its the first real talent tree shadow got, so there is a lot of room for improvement and work to be done. Mind games, Mind spike, void form are the biggest problems that need improvements imo.
    There are also weird builds that work like simply spamming mind flay: insanity the whole fight without doing anything else (besides casting plague obv). And i don't know if thats intended by blizzard or not.
    What's wrong with mind spike? It works great with procs and Dark Ascension.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-11 at 05:02 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Leaving things intentionally unfinished so that maybe one day in the off chance in 10-30 years they can pick it back up and keep the content churning is kind of the definition of ''abandoning'' don't you think? lol

Also have you played WoD at all? Or see that giant sword sticking in our planet? Or any other countless examples I could give you?
    Lol .... WoD got followed up during BfA with the Maghar quests and the giant sword got pretty much dealt with during BfA too and is obviously a plot point they are gonna finish later, Ion even joked about that.

Keeping story threads for later =|= abandoning them.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Leaving things intentionally unfinished so that maybe one day in the off chance in 10-30 years they can pick it back up and keep the content churning is kind of the definition of ''abandoning'' don't you think? lol

Also have you played WoD at all? Or see that giant sword sticking in our planet? Or any other countless examples I could give you?
    What's up with the sword? It is the most obvious hook for future stories. The fact we didn't completely deal with it here and now does not mean it was abandoned. Like, you think that Sarg wont come back? Or Azhara? Or Sylvi?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-09-11 at 05:31 PM.

What's up with the sword? It is the most obvious hook for future stories. The fact we didn't completely deal with it here and now does not mean it was abandoned. Like, you think that Sarg wont come back? Or Azhara? Or Sylvi?
    God I REALLY hope Azshara gets her own expansion. I don't care that she was a patch boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    God I REALLY hope Azshara gets her own expansion. I don't care that she was a patch boss.
    I mean, this desire is on par with "Argus xpac" and "Emerald Dream" expac. Blizz simply preferred to make them into patches instead. And I really don't mind, seeing how good DF looks like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You playing the build that's dedicated towards that? Was my first approach for Shadow as well, pick all you can to make Shadowy Apparitions better and proc more often.
    Without looking at any guides, it felt the most natural playstyle to build towards.

Mind Spike feels really clunky to me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    While Nazjatar was disappointing in scale Azshara was presented well. She had her own agenda, the voice acting was solid, she got to stay around. She is probably the best thing to come out of her expansion in the same way Denathrius escaping was the best part of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it feels in practice.
    In theory it should give a strong incentive to push forwards, but in practice it might end up feeling horrible if you get drops from the first boss while the rest of the group gets all the good items from the later bosses.
    Even if its only a negligible difference in thorughout, it would still feel bad to get stuff from earlier in the raid where the weaker items are, especially if you primarily gear you through raids.
    So like it is now but less impactful because the gap is smaller and there's more possible loot

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    While Nazjatar was disappointing in scale Azshara was presented well. She had her own agenda, the voice acting was solid, she got to stay around. She is probably the best thing to come out of her expansion in the same way Denathrius escaping was the best part of Shadowlands.
    BfA is a bastard child. There are a lot of good storylines and plot points. But they've been weaved together in a way that makes no sense and is quite horrible to follow.
    A good example is Azshara and Nazjatar. Amongst this good setup lies Ashvane and noone knew why or how or more importantly what for.

This is something that they didn't improve on during Shadowlands and I really hope that for Dragonflight they will display better storytelling, get people on hook and provide some real cliffhangers (please no more Anduin pocket watch chapters...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no. So many plot lines in WoD were just cut off, the story was literally cut out by 1/3 in order to rush Legion out the door and so many plot points were just abandoned.

And them 'following up' for the allied race was literally 30 years later after the events of WoD all of those plot points obviously no longer existed? Abandoning half of your story's outcomes so you don't have to think of new ideas 10+ years later isn't the genius you seem to think it is.

Leaving things cut off with no clear direction to take them is abandoning. Picking up an abandoned storyline and running with it 10 years later doesn't change the fact that it was abandoned.
    The storyline isn't abandoned, that implies they are never going to do something with it. Which is clearly not the case if they brought up the Mag'har. BFA wasn't that long ago so obviously they still know about it but aren't using it. By your logic, for a long time Azshara was "Abandoned for not using her for so long. Really thats just not true. They have to figure out how to put these characters in a place that fits. Same with some of these loose ends((Sargeras Sword, Azshara being out there. Knifu lady, whatever Zovaal was afraid of etc etc)).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-09-11 at 11:15 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Every story line in question is dead and gone because of the time skip? Garrosh is old af now, all those wod plot points were like 30+ years ago they are long dead and gone what do you even mean? They buried them all with the time skip..
    And somehow you can confidently claim its never going to be brought up again? Just like that?

I really doubt that.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    This is something that they didn't improve on during Shadowlands and I really hope that for Dragonflight they will display better storytelling, get people on hook and provide some real cliffhangers (please no more Anduin pocket watch chapters...)
    I mean they can keep their soap opera crap as long as it is in addition to world building and character building. This is my main concern with WoW, nothing I've seen from the writing team indicates a shift from character-focused to world-focused when it comes to the main storyline. It's funny because in the Wrath Classic announcement they had it as one of the cornerstones of the setting. And the leveling experience absolutely still has those.

Βack then characters were used to tell the story of the world instead of the world being a disposable backdrop for writer pets to play their dramas. Think of a character like Drakuru; much of Grizzly Hills and the start of Zul'drak are his story but his story is used to guide us through and show us the world. And even more recently example Thalyssra and company; an entire arc built around a few characters but at every point making Suramar itself the protagonist. In Drustvar everything tells the history of the land. That's WoW Storytelling at its best.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-12 at 05:39 AM.

I mean, this desire is on par with "Argus xpac" and "Emerald Dream" expac. Blizz simply preferred to make them into patches instead. And I really don't mind, seeing how good DF looks like.
    This approach really bugs me. I mean, instead of making expansions based on the available/known lore and exploring places such as Nya'lotha, Naz'jatar, Emerald Dream/Nightmare, Blizzard rushed this content as patches while developing a full fledge expansion based on a single cosmic plane with little to no lore.

I don't understand it, especially now that Shadowlands failed so badly in delivering something new and enjoyable.

Hence the Dragoflight. People wanted Dragon Isles for years.