1. #67641
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is that irrational?
    Yes. It's not a rational reaction and has no practical value in evaluating things.

    You're free to be unhappy about it, of course, but posting about it anywhere is little more than whining and attention seeking.

  2. #67642
    Mechagnome Civciv's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Dragonstone
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    if they didnt want it they wouldnt opt in and they only give it to those who opt in
    My guildmate didn't opt in but still got the beta
    "His name was Gambit. Remember it."
    "We've come to die for the Dragon Queen Rhaenyra."

  3. #67643
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    My guildmate didn't opt in but still got the beta
    Feels pepe man.

  4. #67644
    Just lost giveaway for beta for not having profile pic on twitter

  5. #67645
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadderk View Post
    Just lost giveaway for beta for not having profile pic on twitter
    Really?! That sucks, sorry to hear that
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  6. #67646
    Got beta recently and played through a bit, finished the Waking Shores and damn. Dragonriding is so goddamm fun.

    It also doesn't seem timegated as all the talent glyphs are just out there for me to find in the overworld. Unless there are barriers stopping me from dragonriding to zones before I should I could in theory fully level up dragonriding as soon as I unlock it.

    My only pet peeve of sorts is that I like Soar so much better. The animations are smoother and you actually fit dodging between trees etc instead of your dragon's wings having to ignore physics as they clip through branches and cliffsides. It's such a shame Soar isn't affected by dragonriding talents!

  7. #67647
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Crazy how class design and bugs appear to be the only issues DF has going for it rn...

    It sucks yeah, and raid tuning may be bad also, but holy fuck...

    It's already night and day compared to SLs issues.
    SL is already night and day compared to BfA. Back then it was main topic of complaining, same way as currently lore/not familiar world in SL.

    But in general classes and balance are two things that you can always criticize and every time someone will agree with you. It will never be perfect and it never is tested against past iterations.

  8. #67648
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Crazy how class design and bugs appear to be the only issues DF has going for it rn...

    It sucks yeah, and raid tuning may be bad also, but holy fuck...

    It's already night and day compared to SLs issues.
    I would not expect raid tuning to have any significant issues. Blizz acknowledged they fucked up with SotFO and will stop trying to challenge WF raiders.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  9. #67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Again I don't see why I am told I am getting hot takes or poorly reading the post when you are actually agreeing with me. At some point design has to stop for tuning to happen. We are at that point. Some specs will always be a bit behind. I am unhappy about that. Don't I have the right to be unhappy about that? Is that irrational? This is the cycle for each of the xpacs that did serious changes to class gameplay; some specs just did not feel great at X.0 and got there by X.2-X.3 (because last two times we had this happen they DID continue working on the system throughout the expac to a much larger degree than in other expacs). They'll get there but it sure sucks for them. That it is inevitable doesn't mean it is OK and that people are not happy with everything doesn't mean their perception of reality is problematic. We are customers, our expectations are supposed to be normative, not pragmatic.
    Don't worry buddy you're not crazy and you did read the blue post correctly. They're not working on making any big changes before release and will still update the trees when relevant over the course of the expac. Anyone who's saying otherwise and call this a hot take is mainly doing so to piss you off.

  10. #67650
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Crazy how class design and bugs appear to be the only issues DF has going for it rn...

    It sucks yeah, and raid tuning may be bad also, but holy fuck...

    It's already night and day compared to SLs issues.
    Honestly the story and the lore are not that good imo but so far I haven't seen anything that is harmful to the setting long term; the timeline is just stupid and the plot is far too generic and lacking in charismatic characters. But the place is gorgeous possible the best looking continent so far, most of the specs I've tried play well, the progression systems seem good, rotation will keep me from burning out on the same M+ dungeons. And dragonriding is so much fun, I hope they keep adding courses throughout the expac. Most importantly nothing is just obviously problematic like Azerite or Covenant choice were.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-24 at 03:08 PM.

  11. #67651
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    My guildmate didn't opt in but still got the beta
    Why is this even possible? :/

  12. #67652
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I mean, the plot is kinda supposed to feel basic compared to BFAs and SL...

    There is no immediate world breaking threat, and whatever threat there "is" comes during the questing and is a slow build up and what if scenario rn, since only 1 incarnate exists atm.
    And that's OK but then you try to make it up with villains that are charismatic or have interesting intentions. Writing and voice acting can make an otherwise low impact plot very entertainment and I haven't seen much of it yet. Perhaps Raszageth comes through in the many cinematics missing from beta and she is much more entertaining in the end result though.

  13. #67653
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And that's OK but then you try to make it up with villains that are charismatic or have interesting intentions. Writing and voice acting can make an otherwise low impact plot very entertainment and I haven't seen much of it yet. Perhaps Raszageth comes through in the many cinematics missing from beta and she is much more entertaining in the end result though.
    Surely this is just the intro though. Whoever shows up in 10.1 is the one we should be looking out for in regards to charismatic villain.

    It would be better if Razsageth was more interesting, but this really is just meant to be a boss we leave behind us in only a couple of months. Hardly more than a dungeon boss in the grand scheme.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #67654
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Surely this is just the intro though. Whoever shows up in 10.1 is the one we should be looking out for in regards to charismatic villain.

    It would be better if Razsageth was more interesting, but this really is just meant to be a boss we leave behind us in only a couple of months. Hardly more than a dungeon boss in the grand scheme.
    I kind of expect Vault to end with the other three Primals all breaking free. I mean it's the obvious thing to happen.

  15. #67655
    lmao @ expecting any character in wow to have charisma
    lmao @ expecting that wow quality voice acting would improve anything

  16. #67656
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I kind of expect Vault to end with the other three Primals all breaking free. I mean it's the obvious thing to happen.
    I thought the three world bosses were the other primals. Guess I might have jumped the gun on that. Not really read much about the actual lore in Dragonflight yet, trying to prevent spoilers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    lmao @ expecting any character in wow to have charisma
    lmao @ expecting that wow quality voice acting would improve anything
    Clearly you have not seen Denathrius.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  17. #67657
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Clearly you have not seen Denathrius.
    Was going to be my response to that comment as well lol. Denathrius with any other voice actor just wouldn't have delivered the same way.

  18. #67658
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    lmao @ expecting any character in wow to have charisma
    lmao @ expecting that wow quality voice acting would improve anything
    Denathrius, Azshara, Khadgar?

  19. #67659
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Don't worry buddy you're not crazy and you did read the blue post correctly. They're not working on making any big changes before release and will still update the trees when relevant over the course of the expac. Anyone who's saying otherwise and call this a hot take is mainly doing so to piss you off.
    Nah, more likely they are trying to be reasonable but ok dude whaetever. Furthermore, its almost Novemeber and if thats the date its not surprising the big focus on class design is ending. It wasn't going to go on forever.



    lmao @ expecting any character in wow to have charisma
    lmao @ expecting that wow quality voice acting would improve anything
    *Facepalm* Yes cause thats the only opinion around here that matters. /sarcasm for the week.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #67660
    To me Sabellion also was top notch (only done Waking Shore so far), man I did not expect to join #TeamSabellion that quickly but here we are. His VA also delivers the perfect blend of elegance, wisdom but also hint of haughtiness I would expect from an uncorrupted elder black dragon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •