1. #67881
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,046
    Hypothetically...

    Would you folks rather have Druids/Paladins/Shamans available to all races on DF release with rogues/priests/mages and have the default forms/mounts/totems of another race within the faction (night elf druid forms and ironforge dwarf totems for example for Alliance) until Blizzard makes race appropriate assets

    Or

    Have them release when the race appropriate assets are ready but we dont know how long that will be?

    No idea what's going on with Warlocks but assuming they are doing race cosmetics for some races like night elves, draenei, etc. we'll add Warlocks to the question too.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  2. #67882
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,773
    Evoker is not meant to be played by other races now.
    You have to have wings to play it.
    Imagine a mechagnome casting Dream Flight or Lay Waste ? Everything will be wrong with anoter race

  3. #67883
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Hypothetically...

    Would you folks rather have Druids/Paladins/Shamans available to all races on DF release with rogues/priests/mages and have the default forms/mounts/totems of another race within the faction (night elf druid forms and ironforge dwarf totems for example for Alliance) until Blizzard makes race appropriate assets

    Or

    Have them release when the race appropriate assets are ready but we dont know how long that will be?

    No idea what's going on with Warlocks but assuming they are doing race cosmetics for some races like night elves, draenei, etc. we'll add Warlocks to the question too.
    Surely there should be an option to have the classes available right away, with extra options added later down the line.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #67884
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Evoker is not meant to be played by other races now.
    You have to have wings to play it.
    Imagine a mechagnome casting Dream Flight or Lay Waste ? Everything will be wrong with anoter race
    Yeah that's probably why most people are leaning on more Visage forms being added instead.

  5. #67885
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because the Dracthyr (Evoker) class fantasy is clearly centered around magic
    The Dracthyr race fantasy is about being an abandoned military experiment, engineered by Deathwing.
    Each of them having different talents and expertise in different fields, hence the multiple Weyrns that exist.
    There is literally a whole Weyrn that is described as a tank.

    The Evoker class fantasy is being an exceptional Dracthyr that has gained access to all 5 Aspect powers.
    They are the exception, not the rule.

    There is nothing stopping a more handsy, down to earth, not-in-magic-interested Dracthyr from picking up a sword or axe and becoming a simple Warrior.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  6. #67886
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if they were engineered to just be casters, shouldn't their forms be far smaller to make them more mobile, harder to target, easier to hide?
    I mean, this is Blizzard's design for them. Wasn't the lack of a tank spec not even based on an argument that Dracthyr are spellcasters / magic users and basically just that and not melee combatants? I think that was one of the reasons they gave for why Evoker doesn't have a tank spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There is nothing stopping a more handsy, down to earth, not-in-magic-interested Dracthyr from picking up a sword or axe and becoming a simple Warrior.
    That's true, nothing but Blizzard I guess. I just don't see it happen, which is my personal take. If we'll ever get more classes for Dracthyr (which I doubt), spellcasters make the most sense because they would require the least amount of work.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #67887
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

    That's true, nothing but Blizzard I guess. I just don't see it happen, which is my personal take. If we'll ever get more classes for Dracthyr (which I doubt), spellcasters make the most sense because they would require the least amount of work.
    I actually think it may happen as soon as 10.1 or 10.2 when they add the Dracthyr starting zone as a max level area.

  8. #67888
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw while the tier sets we are getting are not bad looking, anyone else hoping they quit it with the monochrome glowy crap?
    Monochrome with one highlight glow color makes it easy to make variants for 4 raid difficulties and 2 PvP sets.

  9. #67889
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,291
    If you allow Dracthyr to be all races due to their visage form, or you allow them to be other classes, you sort of remove the entire point of the race/class itself.

    I also don't see Blizzard ever allowing a race to be pretty much every other race in the game. Which is why it made sense for them to limit their visage forms.

  10. #67890
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if they were engineered to just be casters, shouldn't their forms be far smaller to make them more mobile, harder to target, easier to hide?
    Compared to a dragon, they are.

  11. #67891
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Monochrome with one highlight glow color makes it easy to make variants for 4 raid difficulties and 2 PvP sets.
    I get why they are doing it. It definitely seems lazy though. Look at the Legion tier sets and how well they use colors and details. Heck even the BfA raid gear, though not sets, does a great job with their themes, especially the Uldir and BoD sets (that Bwonsamdi theme on the latter, especially on Mythic, looks amazing for all four armor types imo).

  12. #67892
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,372
    I don't mind it, it makes making mogs easier when they stick to more monochromatic color schemes as they tend to use reuse shades.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  13. #67893
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Compared to a dragon, they are.
    Still doesn't change the fact that the starting experience describes the evokers as an elite rank among the Dracthyr. The majority of the Dracthyr are NOT evokers. Heck we are entrusted with so much in the starting area because we are one of the few evokers in the creche.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't mind it, it makes making mogs easier when they stick to more monochromatic color schemes as they tend to use reuse shades.
    I mean I don't mind either in that I already have mogs I absolutely love for pretty much every alt and class and don't really need new ones. I only switched a few in Shadowlands and I am probably not switching anyone yet from what I've seen in DF.

  14. #67894
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that the starting experience describes the evokers as an elite rank among the Dracthyr. The majority of the Dracthyr are NOT evokers. Heck we are entrusted with so much in the starting area because we are one of the few evokers in the creche.
    I found this funny with DH as well, then prepatch rolls out and the city is full of em
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

  15. #67895
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I found this funny with DH as well, then prepatch rolls out and the city is full of em
    I'd say that all player characters are (meant to be) rare. We are not your average soldiers, we are all heroes. Some classes are hero classes so every member of them is a hero but the characters are pretty much the Hero version of their classes as well.

  16. #67896
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Can you tell me an example where the story suffered in order to include diversity?
    It might not be diversity and has nothing to do with dragonflight, but the goblin-gnome couple introduced in BfA felt very forced and detrimental to the quality of story of mecagone

    Same stuff can be said with Jaina-Kalecgos. Even Kalecgos-Anveena felt more natural

  17. #67897
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I actually think it may happen as soon as 10.1 or 10.2 when they add the Dracthyr starting zone as a max level area.
    I'm not against it, I just don't know how much of a priority it is for Blizzard (or if they even, truly consider it at all).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  18. #67898
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm not against it, I just don't know how much of a priority it is for Blizzard (or if they even, truly consider it at all).
    They said they are considering it, they are going to reuse the starting area which makes it ideal for them to come with additional Dracthyr at that point. And if the class/race proves unpopular I would hope they would act to salvage it. I fully expect significant rework at 10.1 but giving more options can work. I am not saying give them druid (it can work lorewise, they have the green flight as part of them after all) because that's a ton of work. But giving them hunter/mage/rogue/warrior would automatically cover all armor types and all playstyles (they have healer, they'd get more options for dps, they'd get physical range, pet spec, 2h and DW and ofc tank) and is probably the easiest to pull off.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-28 at 11:42 AM.

  19. #67899
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    It might not be diversity and has nothing to do with dragonflight, but the goblin-gnome couple introduced in BfA felt very forced and detrimental to the quality of story of mecagone

    Same stuff can be said with Jaina-Kalecgos. Even Kalecgos-Anveena felt more natural
    Weren't they actually created for some other story? I'm pretty sure i saw them pop up before Mechagon in relation to some short-story or book.

  20. #67900
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Weren't they actually created for some other story? I'm pretty sure i saw them pop up before Mechagon in relation to some short-story or book.
    They were first seen in the BFA prequel book.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •