1. #67901
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,188
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Weren't they actually created for some other story? I'm pretty sure i saw them pop up before Mechagon in relation to some short-story or book.
    Before the storm, they were “hired” by galaywix to experiment with azerite and are the reason the horde had weapons ready so far ahead of the alliance.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #67902
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Aren't you able to cancel and refund it right now anyway? There has to be more severe consequences, otherwise I don't see why its a thing they would ever have to disclose.
    There isn't. As we already saw with WC3 Reforged.

    I'm no legal expert, but it probably has something to do with keeping your customer informed and not just creating some nebulous "give us money and you'll have this eventually we swear!"

    I don't know why people obsess over refundability if they don't make the initial deadline anyway. Most people who are willing to give their money in advance will end up buying the expansion anyway.

  3. #67903
    Anyone else got a beta update?

  4. #67904
    The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Somewhere with trees
    Posts
    310
    My 'favorite' part so far about this expansion is seeing people say 'I was hyped about BfA and Shadowlands, this expansion sucks compared to them'.

    ... My friend. Are we looking at the same game? Seriously, are we?

    In seriousness, I'm very excited for professions and actual content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

  5. #67905
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    My 'favorite' part so far about this expansion is seeing people say 'I was hyped about BfA and Shadowlands, this expansion sucks compared to them'.

    ... My friend. Are we looking at the same game? Seriously, are we?

    In seriousness, I'm very excited for professions and actual content.
    You know I'd love to see a quest count because Dragonflight seems to have an insane number of quests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I just have to say, I can see myself 10 years from now going back to the Dragon Isles just to fly around. Still doing that with Pandaria and Draenor

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Anyone else got a beta update?
    Just got it myself now.

  6. #67906
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You know I'd love to see a quest count because Dragonflight seems to have an insane number of quests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I just have to say, I can see myself 10 years from now going back to the Dragon Isles just to fly around. Still doing that with Pandaria and Draenor
    What I enjoy most these days is being out in the world doing quests and farming professions, plus, of course, soloing old content for pets, mounts and transmogs. So I am really interested about the amount of side quests in DF, are there really a lot more than in other expansions? And most important, how good they are?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  7. #67907
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    What I enjoy most these days is being out in the world doing quests and farming professions, plus, of course, soloing old content for pets, mounts and transmogs. So I am really interested about the amount of side quests in DF, are there really a lot more than in other expansions? And most important, how good they are?
    That's why I am asking for a count because they seem ENDLESS. The continent is massive and there are quests to do everywhere.

  8. #67908
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's why I am asking for a count because they seem ENDLESS. The continent is massive and there are quests to do everywhere.
    Cool! With that and plant farming I should be pretty entertained for 2023. Seriously, I do not know how people play multiple characters. I play A LOT and I have thousands of stuff to do yet.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  9. #67909
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And this is based on what exactly? Because the Dracthyr (Evoker) class fantasy is clearly centered around magic and not "real" hand-to-hand combat. The only thing where they are using their physical appearance in combat is when they're using their wings (and their tail, which is more of an afterthought though).
    From doing the starter zone for Dracthyr not all of them are Evokers. Some NPCs refer to you as someone who decided to go for and finished the Evoker training and many of them refer to you as "Evoker" kinda like you would a Medic or Scribe.

    So it's more than likely that not all the Dracthyr NPCs are Evokers but rather fighters etc etc.

  10. #67910


    Massive L by Blizzard on this one.

    Instead of just... not fixing the bug and making everyone happy (there was an overwhelmingly positive response to this), they just double-down on it under the excuse of "Well, someone could buy the wrong armour type".

    Baffling

  11. #67911
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post


    Massive L by Blizzard on this one.

    Instead of just... not fixing the bug and making everyone happy (there was an overwhelmingly positive response to this), they just double-down on it under the excuse of "Well, someone could buy the wrong armour type".

    Baffling
    Did you read the last part? It will be account wide. The only difference is that you need to log into a different character once you've unlocked it on your main.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  12. #67912
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Did you read the last part? It will be account wide. The only difference is that you need to log into a different character once you've unlocked it on your main.
    Means you also need whatever currency it is to buy the item.

  13. #67913
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Did you read the last part? It will be account wide. The only difference is that you need to log into a different character once you've unlocked it on your main.
    I think what he's referring too is the fact that you can no longer by the Plate ensemble on your cloth wearer to add to transmog later, people wanted the ability to do this but Blizz removed because some people are too simple to read what they buy.

  14. #67914
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Massive L by Blizzard on this one.

    Instead of just... not fixing the bug and making everyone happy (there was an overwhelmingly positive response to this), they just double-down on it under the excuse of "Well, someone could buy the wrong armour type".

    Baffling
    They are account wide unlocks and can be purchased on your alts, literally the last sentence.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  15. #67915
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They are account wide unlocks and can be purchased on your alts, literally the last sentence.
    I think I understand you now, so if you unlock it on your cloth wearer you can log onto you plate wearer and buy the plate ensemble without needing the currency/rep to unlock it?

  16. #67916
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I think I understand you now, so if you unlock it on your cloth wearer you can log onto you plate wearer and buy the plate ensemble without needing the currency/rep to unlock it?
    Yes, once unlocked on any character the cosmetic is unlocked account wide and can be purchased by your alts regardless of renown lvl.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  17. #67917
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, once unlocked on any character the cosmetic is unlocked account wide and can be purchased by your alts regardless of renown lvl.
    That's pretty awesome tbh and fair.

  18. #67918
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes, once unlocked on any character the cosmetic is unlocked account wide and can be purchased by your alts regardless of renown lvl.
    Sure, and that's fine and all, but then you get to Currency requirements or other requirements, and it opens a whole other can of worms.

    Might be alright for the DF release, but in the long term, making Ensembles redeemable by every type is just a more future-proof thing to do. Especially when the only reason not to do it is "Oh, someone might buy the wrong Ensemble".

    Or Blizzard should just get the stick out of their asses and make it so every armour type can add every armour type to the Wardrobe.

  19. #67919
    Anyone have an idea when Dragonflight will launch? Trying to arrange time to play it, but don't know when I should slot it in.

  20. #67920
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    the currency for the mentioned tmogs is literally something you get from almost every df activity from what I've noticed, so it shouldn't be a problem on alts and is farmable. IMO the issue arises for currencies that you can't really farm efficiently but you end up having huge amounts on your main and non on your alts. But at least in SL they seemed to have added for most of those currencies systems to transfer them to alts on a reduced rate
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •