1. #67961
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean people would just need everything I assume. Which as you said would be terrible. Only way to do LFR would be to leave raid chat.
    Yep, I remember back when LFR first came out that was exactly what happened, people 'needing' stuff they didn't need to get it for guild mates or just to sell.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  2. #67962
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Yep, I remember back when LFR first came out that was exactly what happened, people 'needing' stuff they didn't need to get it for guild mates or just to sell.
    I believe LFR is indeed included into this change.

  3. #67963
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Yep, I remember back when LFR first came out that was exactly what happened, people 'needing' stuff they didn't need to get it for guild mates or just to sell.
    People would need loot in LFR and just disenchant it in front of everyone else.

  4. #67964
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I assume the loot changes wouldn't include LFR? that would be terrible!
    Any queued content should definitely remain as forced personal loot simply for the sanity of the participants. There's no possible way of making this work there.

  5. #67965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People would need loot in LFR and just disenchant it in front of everyone else.
    Pretty much this, and its usually the overgeared players who would do this.

  6. #67966
    I like the BoE change actually. Should be interesting to see how it affects prices when they are somewhat deterministic. Assuming three or four minibosses in the raid I feel like you get a net total more BoEs per raid than you used to. Should also inflate the amount of alt runs in lieu of BoE trash farms.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Pretty much this, and its usually the overgeared players who would do this.
    I am going to assume that they won't have Group Loot in LFR. That just seems like a disaster waiting to happen, as I am sure anyone who ever ran Dragon Soul LFR can attest to.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #67967
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    People would need loot in LFR and just disenchant it in front of everyone else.
    Or you know, maybe they need it for transmog? Which is just as valid a reason to get loot. Atleast people with higher ilvl will still carry (if they aren't assholes).

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  8. #67968
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Or you know, maybe they need it for transmog? Which is just as valid a reason to get loot. Atleast people with higher ilvl will still carry (if they aren't assholes).
    The issue is more likely what happened in Dragon Soul. Putting Need on everything, both copies of the same thing, or even stuff you don't need for throughout, or can even equip.
    I still vividly remember Dragon Soul weapons going to random people who then disappeared. Whether someone got double of the polearms, or a druid picking the sword.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #67969
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The issue is more likely what happened in Dragon Soul. Putting Need on everything, both copies of the same thing, or even stuff you don't need for throughout, or can even equip.
    I still vividly remember Dragon Soul weapons going to random people who then disappeared. Whether someone got double of the polearms, or a druid picking the sword.
    I would imagine you will only be able to roll on stuff you can actually use. So for example a warrior should not be able to roll on the bow from the last boss, atleast not for need, unless there are no hunters in the raid.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  10. #67970
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Any queued content should definitely remain as forced personal loot simply for the sanity of the participants. There's no possible way of making this work there.
    Half the reason people hate LFR even to this day is probably that they tried group loot in it originally back in DS.

  11. #67971
    Guys, I can't believe even here people speculate Group Loot is a beta-only thing, just for testing. /facepalm

    Sure, if it's bugged or it sucks in another way, it'll get changed, but otherwise, this is what we're going to get in live Dragonflight, too.

    I personally don't mind this being just Group Loot, but I can see them adding Master Loot as an option for guild groups, too.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  12. #67972
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Guys, I can't believe even here people speculate Group Loot is a beta-only thing, just for testing. /facepalm

    Sure, if it's bugged or it sucks in another way, it'll get changed, but otherwise, this is what we're going to get in live Dragonflight, too.

    I personally don't mind this being just Group Loot, but I can see them adding Master Loot as an option for guild groups, too.
    You really don't see the problem for the fairly popular PuG raiding?

  13. #67973
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You really don't see the problem for the fairly popular PuG raiding?
    I barely addressed this, but sure, there can be issues, with e.g. a Warrior needing a Caster weapon just for the Mog, but then they are kicked from the group.
    It's honestly not that different from someone refusing to trade the personal loot they got, despite having an item 6 iLvl higher.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  14. #67974
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You really don't see the problem for the fairly popular PuG raiding?
    Master loot was not any better imo, before you joined you had to check if a gazillion items were reserved. If Blizz does this correctly it can work out, making it so people who dont need or cant even use an itemnis unable to need it. Could also make it so you cannot need roll if you have higher ilvl in that slot and before you say you can just take it before pull I dont see why this shouldnt include items in your bag.

    If Blizz want us to get the feeling of winning loot again so badly they should just add a loot or money dice to the personal loot so basically you can see if the boss gives you loot or not much like a coin roll from mop and onwards. Aslong as we have a fair loot distribution system I dont mind either way.

  15. #67975
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You really don't see the problem for the fairly popular PuG raiding?
    Nope, because It worked fairly well back in the day too. Because PUGs establish the rules before hand.
    The only issue is blizzard bringing this back without the Customer Support.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

  16. #67976
    I mean, dedicated Raiding Guilds don't give a shit whether it is Personal Loot, Group Loot or Master Loot, as long as the Trading Restrictions are gone. Personal Loot is just Master Loot by proxy, just like Group Loot. The Raid Leader needs on everything, everyone elses passes, and then you trade it to the respective person.

    But by making it Group Loot, Blizzard fucked over PUGs really badly. Should have just kept it Personal Loot without the Trade Restrictions, and that way you also avoid the "No Hunter but bow drops" issue.

  17. #67977
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean people would just need everything I assume. Which as you said would be terrible. Only way to do LFR would be to leave raid chat.
    That's how Dragon Soul LFR worked.

  18. #67978
    This whole LFR Debate is completely pointless.

    It was personal loot before personal loot was even a thing.

    It was "Personal Loot" when ordinary loot was Group/Master Loot (i.e. WOD/Legion). Why would it be different now?

  19. #67979
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,296
    People still gear up in LFR? World content gives faster and higher loot since like 6.2, so 7 years ago.

  20. #67980
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    People still gear up in LFR? World content gives faster and higher loot since like 6.2, so 7 years ago.
    Yeah... no...
    Might've been the case up to S3, but not now in S4. Where in the open world can I get 265-272 pieces?

    But even beyond that, yes some people do gear in LFR, world loot even if same item level might have worse itemization than open world loot, and trinkets and special effect items (weapons usually) are better from raid.
    Also there is the whole point of people going into LFR just to get the LFR version of transmog which is affected by loot rules.

    Now OT: LFR is probably gonna stay as is for loot
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •