10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Are y'all planning to give your Evoker names based on Dragonflight naming rules, e.g. if your Evoker is a "red" dragon his/her name will end with asz / asza etc.?
    Yes. There's a name generator on the Evoker forum that generates names based on flight. I'll be using that.

Are y'all planning to give your Evoker names based on Dragonflight naming rules, e.g. if your Evoker is a "red" dragon his/her name will end with asz / asza etc.?
    I already have the name Dragindeeze saved

tiamatt and bahamutt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There was a literal tank draught in LFG on each Necrotic week. If affix makes people not play, than something is wrong.
    Ok, that's new to me but that's probably because only play my prot warrior. Necrotic got really easy with the 4 second cool down, with a bit of CC you could outrun that almost everywhere (except Tazavesh with those teleporting mobs)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How's the Evoker class?
    It is fun, but I feel it's rather underpowered as in it doesnt do great damage unless it crits and boy oh boy is it squishy, will be playing my hunter today to see what the real power difference is.

This might be a gear issue though as you leave the evoker starter area with ilvl 239 gear as basic.

Also the Blue spells can have a slow effect and deal slightly more powerful than the red spells, the red spells feel completely underwhelming if im honest.
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-10-02 at 06:54 AM.

I feel like people saying that Evokers are squishy never played a caster.

Hover, Landslide and AS makes it really hard for enemies to actually hit you, plus, one of your racials has a 45 seconds cooldown.

Damage-wise, they are competitive as well, but we will see how much the 25 yard is gonna fuck with them.

Their biggest issue is that their rotation is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Hover, Landslide and AS makes it really hard for enemies to actually hit you, plus, one of your racials has a 45 seconds cooldown.

Damage-wise, they are competitive as well, but we will see how much the 25 yard is gonna fuck with them.

I've played all casters over the years, until you get used to it landslide is easily fucked up by a slight misclick, plus the 150+ms probably doesnt help, I changed up my talents to be more red based and honestly it seems to have put abit of oompf into some of the attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    It is fun, but I feel it's rather underpowered as in it doesnt do great damage unless it crits and boy oh boy is it squishy, will be playing my hunter today to see what the real power difference is.

This might be a gear issue though as you leave the evoker starter area with ilvl 239 gear as basic.

Also the Blue spells can have a slow effect and deal slightly more powerful than the red spells, the red spells feel completely underwhelming if im honest.
    Well at the very least they are fun. I’m sure they’ll get tuned properly before release. Hopefully Blizzard gives them a bit more damage mitigation. Them being squishy seems to be a common complaint.

Aszasza sounds like a fine name.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

squishy isn't just about avoiding getting hit, its about how hard your hit when the damage is unavoidable.
    Obsidian Scales is not a great DR
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I feel the main issue is that people play the beta with a copied character then play it with an Evoker that has nearly 100 less ilvl. Most of us will not play Evoker at that ilvl; we will throw some decent BoAs on the alt before playing it.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe that Blizzard should strongly consider allowing them to cast on the move baseline. I feel that the class is too overly reliant on Hover.

Every caster besides Warlock is more mobile than Evoker while being way more resilient towards damage and having a 40 yard range. There's a reason why PvP players call Evokers a free kill, their damage is low, channeled, insane cast times, most skills are easily kickable and they are made out of paper. I think especially for players that played other casters this is an apparent issue. My Shadow Priest, my Boomkin, my Mage are nowhere near as vulnerable. My Ele Shaman might be, but with better defensives and a higher range at least. And some meat to its spells.

Their rotation is another problem, yes. One of the many, though. Terrible capstone talents for Devastation further add to the incredibly boring and shallow gameplay. I'm hoping for a final redesign of their talent tree (like SP or Balance got weeks ago) before launch, but I don't expect it. If one spec needs it right now, it's Devoker.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-10-02 at 01:17 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I still think Preservation needs more flash in their spells. Devastation is indeed ok but I've mostly spent time doing dungeons as Preservation and those are not particularly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still think Preservation needs more flash in their spells. Devastation is indeed ok but I've mostly spent time doing dungeons as Preservation and those are not particularly impressive.
    Yeah, they made the blue spells visually impressive, yet the healing spells look all very tuned down and straight out boring. I wish they would have taken some inspiration from Faeline Stomp in that regard.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Moonkin and elemental have much better passive damage mitigation thanks to form/shield, mages and spriests have immunity buttons (iceblock/dispersion), warlocks can choose between soul link or flat out more health and have more defensives with shorter cooldowns. Evokers either need passive damage reduction in their dragon form (like moonkin), more health in their dragon form (like GoSac locks) or an invulnerability button (like mage/spriest).

Yeah, they made the blue spells visually impressive, yet the healing spells look all very tuned down and straight out boring. I wish they would have taken some inspiration from Faeline Stomp in that regard.
    I kind of expecting flying dragons breathing over the raid every few minutes. Like the big bronze cooldown I expected something significant visually like the sands of time enveloping the entire raid or some flashy hourglass hovering above your head when you use Stasis. Mistwalkers get more dragon actions of Yu'lon than Preservers get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    Moonkin and elemental have much better passive damage mitigation thanks to form/shield, mages and spriests have immunity buttons (iceblock/dispersion), warlocks can choose between soul link or flat out more health and have more defensives with shorter cooldowns. Evokers either need passive damage reduction in their dragon form (like moonkin), more health in their dragon form (like GoSac locks) or an invulnerability button (like mage/spriest).
    I honestly feel that half of the effect of Obsidian Scales should be passive. It's a dragon, it should have HIGH armor.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-10-02 at 04:56 PM.

I honestly feel that half of the effect of Obsidian Scales should be passive. It's a dragon, it should have HIGH armor.
    Agreed. Fantasy dragons can be many things but 'fragile' just isn't one of them. In what world do swords bite into dragonscale easier than chicken feather anyway? It's not like evokers are significantly more mobile than moonkins, and their big spender is instant as opposed to an extremely kickable channel that consumes half your resource bar.

Yeah I haven't tried Evoker in PvP at all but I really don't see why I would with Devastation. Maybe Preserver could be decent though. They have a lot of crazy PvP talents, I'd struggle to pick three. How are their spell schools divided? Is Bronze/Green/Red spells on different lockouts?

Yeah I haven't tried Evoker in PvP at all but I really don't see why I would with Devastation. Maybe Preserver could be decent though. They have a lot of crazy PvP talents, I'd struggle to pick three. How are their spell schools divided? Is Bronze/Green/Red spells on different lockouts?
    Should still work the same as for anybody else, i.e. all spells with the same damage school get locked out.