1. #68601
    I've finally been chosen


  2. #68602
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Necrotic hasn't been that bad in it's latest form. Don't really understand why they deemed it obsolete.
    There was a literal tank draught in LFG on each Necrotic week. If affix makes people not play, than something is wrong.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  3. #68603
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I've finally been chosen


    Congratz.

    All i got is the crappy wrath beta, 5 days before launch, for which i never even signed up for.



  4. #68604
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Congratz.

    All i got is the crappy wrath beta, 5 days before launch, for which i never even signed up for.
    I won't lie it's very unstable, I have almost finished creating a character 3 times and its dc'd me.

  5. #68605
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,499
    Fuck it. Not getting mg into thia beta. I suppose I need to wait for launch to see if Evoker is worth rerolling into.

  6. #68606
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    I won't lie it's very unstable, I have almost finished creating a character 3 times and its dc'd me.
    Yeah this build is a disaster. Waking shore in particular is broken.

  7. #68607
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fuck it. Not getting mg into thia beta. I suppose I need to wait for launch to see if Evoker is worth rerolling into.
    Depends on your expectations and how Blizzard is going to salvage what this class is supposed to be at launch. Tuning can only do so much and that's a big problem for Evoker still, but there's much more than just that - and they only have a few weeks left.

    The Evoker feedback thread is massive, but it's worth digging through it (if you don't want to ready everything, just go over the 100-200 newest posts). Hint: general feedback about Evoker design is not good, for Devastation it's worse than for Preservation though. I'm going to main an Evoker healer, but I'm already sure I (aka Prevoker) will be dead weight in raids and higher mythic+ groups for the first content patches.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-30 at 08:26 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #68608
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...on-boes-329108

    So, can people now stop worrying about group loot?
    Why? They doubled down on the fact that this is not just for testing. None of these points fix the issues that were back in LFR Dragon Soul.
    You can easily switch "MAIN spec" mid fight to get an item for the spec you're not playing.

    With personal loot, you roll against a computer, not against other players. You don't take away loot from others if you get an item with personal loot. This WILL BE the case with group loot.

    Why do some people have such a hard time reading this specific thing you underlined? I don't get it.

  9. #68609
    Nope, still not in beta, damn it!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  10. #68610
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Why? They doubled down on the fact that this is not just for testing. None of these points fix the issues that were back in LFR Dragon Soul.
    You can easily switch "MAIN spec" mid fight to get an item for the spec you're not playing.

    With personal loot, you roll against a computer, not against other players. You don't take away loot from others if you get an item with personal loot. This WILL BE the case with group loot.

    Why do some people have such a hard time reading this specific thing you underlined? I don't get it.
    Ok, now you surely are trolling, right?

    Because there is no difference between someone getting an item via persoloot who than keeps it (although in your words, he doesn't need said item), or someone rolling need for an item that IN YOUR EYES is not needed. At the end of the day, it's not your decision to make if someone else needs an item anyways, they helped down the boss as much as you. And they don't take away any loot if they press need, not more than with perso loot anyways. Atleast with group loot, you can't get the same item twice anymore.

    Stop being entitled, you are not the loot police. And Blizzard already has a mainspec > offspec > no need prio system with their new rolls anyways.

    Oh also, just because people are currently playing spec X doesn't mean they don't want to actually play spec Y, or plan to do so but need a certain weapon first, that's why they have the mainspec / offspec system. You know, people are allowed to play more than one role ...
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-30 at 08:56 AM.

  11. #68611
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And Blizzard already has a mainspec > offspec > no need prio system with their new rolls anyways.
    That system is pointless when you can switch what mainspec means at will.

  12. #68612
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ok, now you surely are trolling, right?

    Because there is no difference between someone getting an item via persoloot who than keeps it (although in your words, he doesn't need said item), or someone rolling need for an item that IN YOUR EYES is not needed. At the end of the day, it's not your decision to make if someone else needs an item anyways, they helped down the boss as much as you. And they don't take away any loot if they press need, not more than with perso loot anyways. Atleast with group loot, you can't get the same item twice anymore.

    Stop being entitled, you are not the loot police. And Blizzard already has a mainspec > offspec > no need prio system with their new rolls anyways.

    Oh also, just because people are currently playing spec X doesn't mean they don't want to actually play spec Y, or plan to do so but need a certain weapon first, that's why they have the mainspec / offspec system. You know, people are allowed to play more than one role ...
    It seems you can't read, so Im not going to discuss this further with you.

  13. #68613
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It seems you can't read, so Im not going to discuss this further with you.
    Ehm, you ok buddy? Because I answered your complains, it seems like you are the one who has nothing against my arguments so you are back to "QQ me stops talking now".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That system is pointless when you can switch what mainspec means at will.
    Well, you still have to decide on a "per boss" basis what spec you want. Is the issue that someone could get a shield, 1h and 2h from the same raid night? Because same could happen right now with perso loot too, you know?^^

    Also, I'm quite sure you have to set your loot spec before the loot dropps. You can't just switch if you see your offspec weapon, lol.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-09-30 at 09:11 AM.

  14. #68614
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, you still have to decide on a "per boss" basis what spec you want. Is the issue that someone could get a shield, 1h and 2h from the same raid night? Because same could happen right now with perso loot too, you know?^^
    With personal loot you are not taking it from anyone.

    In group loot, other people can actively see all loot and see this one guy need rolling on everything

  15. #68615
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    With personal loot you are not taking it from anyone.

    In group loot, other people can actively see all loot and see this one guy need rolling on everything
    It really is this. By making the system opaque, Personal loot directed all the player's distaste (or at least most of it) with their loot experience to the system. Any form of system that gives players agency however and they will blame each other for everything. It is harmful to the community.

  16. #68616
    Exactly, even if a system internally works exactly the same player perception is a very important thing. The way you user perceives what happens is much more important to them then the technical way it happens behind the scenes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  17. #68617
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ok, now you surely are trolling, right?

    Because there is no difference between someone getting an item via persoloot who than keeps it (although in your words, he doesn't need said item), or someone rolling need for an item that IN YOUR EYES is not needed. At the end of the day, it's not your decision to make if someone else needs an item anyways, they helped down the boss as much as you. And they don't take away any loot if they press need, not more than with perso loot anyways. Atleast with group loot, you can't get the same item twice anymore.

    Stop being entitled, you are not the loot police. And Blizzard already has a mainspec > offspec > no need prio system with their new rolls anyways.

    Oh also, just because people are currently playing spec X doesn't mean they don't want to actually play spec Y, or plan to do so but need a certain weapon first, that's why they have the mainspec / offspec system. You know, people are allowed to play more than one role ...
    I don't agree with this, if they press need and don't actually need it then they absolutely are taking it away from someone who does. At least with personal loot it is a system that is giving loot to people that may not 'need' it rather than a person choosing to be greedy or selfish.

    When in a PUG or LFR, If someone needs loot for their main spec then absolutely, they should roll 'need' - if it's for an off spec, to sell for gold, to give to a friend or for transmog then it should be greed imo.

    My hope is that blizzard tune the amount of loot that drops based on the fact people will 'ninja' loot so more drops to account for that than when using personal loot although I worry that won't be the case and it'll actually be harder to get loot.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

  18. #68618
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Why? They doubled down on the fact that this is not just for testing. None of these points fix the issues that were back in LFR Dragon Soul.
    You can easily switch "MAIN spec" mid fight to get an item for the spec you're not playing.

    With personal loot, you roll against a computer, not against other players. You don't take away loot from others if you get an item with personal loot. This WILL BE the case with group loot.

    Why do some people have such a hard time reading this specific thing you underlined? I don't get it.
    Yeah, this only reaffirms my expectation that they'll hurriedly throw this out again after season 1.

  19. #68619
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The animated series was canceled?
    No, they just haven't announced it yet.

    We always get it weekly with the pre-patch, just wait till that's announced.
    Probably will be included with it or be announced right after.



  20. #68620
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The animated series was canceled?

    I don't see it listed anywhere on the Official Dragonflight Preview page, and now that we got the release date and everything about the launch process, there's still no teaser or any information regarding the animated series.

    What happened?

    Teasers from previous expansions:







    I think someone a while ago said that theres already 3 places in the game that are designated to contain these videos. Currently they still show a placeholder. So they're coming for sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •