1. #68661
    finally got into Beta


    -SW docks are a hot mess

    -Add in some god damn high elven troll hybrid options for dracthyr

    -Valdrakken could use portals to CoT, Shrines, Legion Dal, and Wyrmrest

    -swoll body type please, rough rugged face options for drac

    -update all mail ensembles to include evoker
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2022-09-30 at 09:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

  2. #68662
    Only Beta that was really interesting to me was Legion. Mainly because it was first Beta I followed closely and WoD really had nothing to do. Now every Beta/PTR I just check system changes, browse stuff like maps or achievs, do few quests and I'm back to main game.

  3. #68663
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    finally got into Beta
    Valdrakken could use portals to CoT, Shrines, Legion Dal, and Wyrmrest
    Do you actually need to go there often on max level?
    Post legion they said they would only do portals to zones you would need to go often to and cant get to through the SW portals quickly.
    I understand everything except Legion Dalaran and Shrines from your PoV since CoT and Wyrmrest are dragon related, but we dont actually use it I think in DF. And you can just quickly get to most you mentioned from SW, 2 some just portal and some portal and FP, while legion dal is a unique HS.

    Im all for them using less portals. IMO they shouldn't even do portals to faction capitals and just have people use the boats while current content.

  4. #68664
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Gotta say, the raid looks crappy, interior design wise. Just a bunch of caves, does not hold a candle to Castle Nathria.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Expansion ruined!
    I HIGHLY disagree. I think it looks amazing, and nostalgic, based on the design (aesthetics) and bosses so far.

  5. #68665
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Do you actually need to go there often on max level?
    Post legion they said they would only do portals to zones you would need to go often to and cant get to through the SW portals quickly.
    I understand everything except Legion Dalaran and Shrines from your PoV since CoT and Wyrmrest are dragon related, but we dont actually use it I think in DF. And you can just quickly get to most you mentioned from SW, 2 some just portal and some portal and FP, while legion dal is a unique HS.

    Im all for them using less portals. IMO they shouldn't even do portals to faction capitals and just have people use the boats while current content.
    I disagree. Portals and AH and banks led to people staying in those zones, leaving IF/SW, and Orgm to have less load. And then the lore reasons. And Blizzards favorite immersion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

  6. #68666
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,915
    Tier set bonuses are up!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #68667
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I disagree. Portals and AH and banks led to people staying in those zones, leaving IF/SW, and Orgm to have less load. And then the lore reasons. And Blizzards favorite immersion.
    Neever mind. Also so what if the raid isn't Castle Nathria. Its a different concept and well I'm not exactly expecting Castles in DF.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-09-30 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Headache made me misread comment
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  8. #68668
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    What do you mean ??
    On some level you realize that this isn't "actually" Dragonflight. Noone treats it as such, and everyone knows that in a month, whatever progress you have made will be straight up removed. You are also given loads of stuff for free, which cheapens them.

    Doing dungeons and gearing up feels more important when you know it is for a character that will stick around, and which had to earn it.
    Noone earns shut on the Beta as the flaskertaurs simply give you whatever you need.

    In short, the beta is not going to stick around, and everyone knows it. So for many players their enjoyment is essentially capped. Either because they find enjoyment in improving their character, or because they are straight up trying to avoid burnout before the expansion actually releases.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Tier set bonuses are up!
    As i suspected, the bonuses are not really all that impactful. Good for sure, but nothing game changing.
    Definitely a good choice though. Wouldn't want to break up the meta literally the second week of the game.

    Shame about the MM bonus being tied to Arcane Shot though. Likely means I won't be able to get around picking Precise Shots, which is one of those abilities that i just despise with a passion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #68669
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    As i suspected, the bonuses are not really all that impactful. Good for sure, but nothing game changing.
    Definitely a good choice though. Wouldn't want to break up the meta literally the second week of the game.

    Shame about the MM bonus being tied to Arcane Shot though. Likely means I won't be able to get around picking Precise Shots, which is one of those abilities that i just despise with a passion.
    Ye, with major overhaul of specs through talents, it was obvious they will try to play it safe. TBH, with all these spec changes, tier set bonuses kinda feel redundant at this point.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  10. #68670
    Is there any point to add tier sets if they will be just some minor spell buffs? I would prefer the Archimonde trinkets or just remove tiers if they will be so bland. Even less power creep to worry about too.

  11. #68671
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Is there any point to add tier sets if they will be just some minor spell buffs? I would prefer the Archimonde trinkets or just remove tiers if they will be so bland. Even less power creep to worry about too.
    Literally just explained why it is so. Not the first time either we got bland bonuses, as we saw in first tier of Cata, when hey trimmed talent trees.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  12. #68672
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Is there any point to add tier sets if they will be just some minor spell buffs? I would prefer the Archimonde trinkets or just remove tiers if they will be so bland. Even less power creep to worry about too.
    Because players like tier sets. Even ones that are designed to be boring are appreciated if they make your character feel stronger. Helps the feeling of progression, both in terms of stats and actual raid progression.
    Even a set bonus that said something like "2-set: damage of *main ability* increased by X. 4-set: when casting *main ability*, gain Y stat for Z seconds" would be a meaningful upgrade for players, even if it's boring.

    And yes, power creep can be a problem. But only really if you set out to make the raids especially difficult, and it seems like they will be tuned quite forgiving this expansion. At least many hope so. In that case it's just a question of ensuring the tier sets are steadily getting slightly stronger each tier, and that they don't combine in weird ways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #68673
    Scarab Lord The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    4,320
    Got into the beta, and my mind has been changed about the dracthyr. I was surprisingly able to make one I dont hate! The class is REALLY fun too! Might main it, if I get to try it in some dungeons.
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  14. #68674
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Is there any point to add tier sets if they will be just some minor spell buffs? I would prefer the Archimonde trinkets or just remove tiers if they will be so bland. Even less power creep to worry about too.
    Legendaries took the place of impactful tier set bonuses and they worked well in Legion and Shadowlands, I mean bringing tier sets back was a step in the right direction, but these bonuses are unanimously trash. I wish we still would have craftable Legendaries.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #68675
    IIRC it's pretty normal for X.0 set bonuses to be pretty tame s I'm not surprised.

  16. #68676
    Please add main dragonflight colors to secondary scale colors.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

  17. #68677
    Seeing all the primalists' night elves and blood elves makes me believe that the next all race / class combinaison we'll see is shaman. If we bring back Tyr to life, he might just give access to all race / class paladin. And if we visit the dream as it is hinted by the centaur campaign, we might just get druids for every race too. The only original class that would still be unavailable to everyone would be warlock which could easily come at any moment since the warlock are basically evil mages.

  18. #68678
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I think someone a while ago said that theres already 3 places in the game that are designated to contain these videos. Currently they still show a placeholder. So they're coming for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, Beta implies we will get three vids again. One for the Fall of Galakrond, one for the Creation of the Dracthyr and I think the last one was about Deathwings Fall to Madness?
    I'm glad to hear this.

    Thx guys!
    Back to Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms!

  19. #68679
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    If we bring back Tyr to life, he might just give access to all race / class paladin.
    What makes you think we'll resurrect Tyr?



  20. #68680
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Because players like tier sets. Even ones that are designed to be boring are appreciated if they make your character feel stronger. Helps the feeling of progression, both in terms of stats and actual raid progression.
    Even a set bonus that said something like "2-set: damage of *main ability* increased by X. 4-set: when casting *main ability*, gain Y stat for Z seconds" would be a meaningful upgrade for players, even if it's boring.

    And yes, power creep can be a problem. But only really if you set out to make the raids especially difficult, and it seems like they will be tuned quite forgiving this expansion. At least many hope so. In that case it's just a question of ensuring the tier sets are steadily getting slightly stronger each tier, and that they don't combine in weird ways.
    Feels arbitrary to require X amount of time/weeks to be able to obtain a low impact bonus. Why not just put the bonus on a single class restricted item like Archimonde trinkets? Tier sets are liked because they used to give big power spikes and were a complete looking set. I would rather have the tier set bonus on 1 item and have the whole class tier ensemble drop 1 by 1 as personal loot unlocking appearances. This also solves the problem of people wearing normal/heroic tier during progression and in pugs you wont feel bad every time someone wins a tier you need when you have 3/4 set.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •