Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But are they old really? Being in stasis for 20k years doesn't age you.
    I think they were around for a while tbh. They are lvl 58 when you start after all and they all have vague memories of the first war against the Primalists (many of them seem to have a faint memory of Raszageth they cannot pin down). We do not know the timeline but I don't think the war against the Primalists happened immediately before the Sundering; I'd assume Neltharion was not mad yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    So... what do we think of this beauty? https://www.wowhead.com/news/hailsto...-reward-329207
    Imo it actually looks quite good ingame, although the riding animation is a bit weird. I guess the intention is to give us a mount that's usable in dungeons, hence no dragonriding customization although imo that's a bit of a shame. Gladiators once again get the top notch fomo stuff while pve people are only getting another mythic drop that will be farmable in future expansions ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they were around for a while tbh. They are lvl 58 when you start after all and they all have vague memories of the first war against the Primalists (many of them seem to have a faint memory of Raszageth they cannot pin down). We do not know the timeline but I don't think the war against the Primalists happened immediately before the Sundering; I'd assume Neltharion was not mad yet.
    The scism against Primalists happened sometime after Galagrond's fall and the titanic empowerment of the Aspects. Becoming the Titans' pet was the whole thing that fractured the dragonkind.

Dracthyr were sealed during or shortly after that war.

The scism against Primalists happened sometime after Galagrond's fall and the titanic empowerment of the Aspects. Becoming the Titans' pet was the whole thing that fractured the dragonkind.

Dracthyr were sealed during or shortly after that war.
    So that means the Dracthyr are fucking ancient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So that means the Dracthyr are fucking ancient.
    But they are not old.

If I froze you in time for 20000 years, wpuld you be 20000+n years old or just n years old when you wake up?

7+ Year Old Account
    But they are not old.
    Which fits all the other races. We were always a young/fresh adventurers. Even DK's and DH's were new recruits.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    So... what do we think of this beauty? https://www.wowhead.com/news/hailsto...-reward-329207
    I was expecting a flying mount, or/and a custom skin for Dragonriding, but regardless, this one looks great.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Which fits all the other races. We were always a young/fresh adventurers. Even DK's and DH's were new recruits.
    When we started, anyway. Well, between the time all that adventuring took and the DF timeskip, any Vanilla hero is in the business for well over a decade. So not that young.

But they are not old.

If I froze you in time for 20000 years, wpuld you be 20000+n years old or just n years old when you wake up?
    I am saying maybe they were old when they got frozen.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean given the customization options, it's your choice. You CAN make your character look old and you can start as a level 10 Nightborne. My main started as a paladin in his mid 40s. He was the town blacksmith in Darrowshire and had some militia training from the Second War but he did not became an adventurer until being displaced and ending up in Stormwind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    When we started, anyway. Well, between the time all that adventuring took and the DF timeskip, any Vanilla hero is in the business for well over a decade. So not that young.
    Assuming these are actually Vanilla heroes, and not someone who started much later.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the voice-lines for the Dracthyr are in!
    What are your thoughts?

But they are not old.

You would be 20000 years old. Just because something is frozen is ice, doesn't mean that time freezes as well. A mummy that is 10k years old is not 60 years old just because thats the age they died. Age is time spent being around. Not time spent being active.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You would be 20000 years old. Just because something is frozen is ice, doesn't mean that time freezes as well. A mummy that is 10k years old is not 60 years old just because thats the age they died. Age is time spent being around. Not time spent being active.
    Sure, numerically they are old, but if they were stuck in stasis, then their entire physical/mental progress completely stopped. So they can have 10000+ years, but mentally and physically they are the same as 10000+ years ago. So their age is nothing more than a number now.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-06 at 10:11 AM.

Sure, numerically they are old, but if they were stuck in stasis, then their entire physical/mental progress completely stopped. So they can have 10000+ years, but mentally and physically they are the same as 10000+ years ago. So their age is nothing more than a number now.
    Age is nothing but a number, if you were preserved for so many years you are still that many years old even if you were not active within that timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I'm glad the voice-lines for the Dracthyr are in!
    What are your thoughts?
    Boring, outside the one trolling the playerbase, which is going to cause the playerbase to troll that playerbase to the point it's insufferably annoying.

The female dracthyr also sounds... off.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Boring, outside the one trolling the playerbase, which is going to cause the playerbase to troll that playerbase to the point it's insufferably annoying.

The female dracthyr also sounds... off.
    Yeah for some reason I would have assumed the Dracthyr to sound a bit more arabic.. since Wrathion is also a bit inspired by Arabic/1001-nights with his getup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Age is nothing but a number, if you were preserved for so many years you are still that many years old even if you were not active within that timeline.
    There's age and then there's biological age. The latter is not the same as the former. There are things that can slow down or accelerate cell ageing process, so while in absolute terms they would be old, in relative terms of biological age they would still be young.

I never really understood why characters that get thrown into the future or are frozen or something (like Captain America) use the age the are relative to when they were born. Doesn't really make sense. That experience that comes with said age never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want your character(Non drac'thyr) to be old, go ahead and run with it. Its up to you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Anyone else get invited with the new build?