1. #68741
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Dunno, it kinda sounds like we are losing the battle against Raszageth to some extent.
    So she frees other Incarnates, while probably dying. That was a highly predictable outcome. But I think something else will also happen. Blizz said that after seeing story of the first tier we will have a very good idea who will be the final boss, and I don't see it being one of the Incarnates.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-12 at 08:02 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  2. #68742
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So she frees other Incarnates, while probably dying. That was a highly predictable outcome. But I think something else will also happen. Blizz said that after seeing story of the first tier we will have a very good idea who will be the final boss, and I don't see it being one of the Incarnates.
    I feel like Murozond being the final boss is the likely outcome here. Galakrond being ressurected is likely, but he doesnt really strike me as a villain, more of a setpiece boss.
    My prediction is Murozond as the final villain, with Galakrond as the final boss. Similar in setup to the Sargeras/Argus deal we got at the end of Legion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  3. #68743
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    What IF: Nozdormu does something during the boss fight/ending to help trap the Primalists back into their cages/kill them which causes him to turn into Murozond?

  4. #68744
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Dunno, it kinda sounds like we are losing the battle against Raszageth to some extent.

    https://i.imgur.com/aueuqAA.png
    Man I might be bias to elemental set pieces but this really sounds like the coolest fight since ToT off of just that description.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #68745
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,365
    Out of last 7 tiers, 4 bosses survived (Jaina, Azshara, Denathrius, Sylvanas). I think it would feel good to actually kill boss from time to time xD.

  6. #68746
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man I might be bias to elemental set pieces but this really sounds like the coolest fight since ToT off of just that description.
    Always hard to tell with bosses. You need a couple weeks of hindsight to really see what does and doesn't work. G'huun was in theory the coolest boss Blizzard had done in years, but in practice it just became a chore as it demanded several groups of competent and-or specific class players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Out of last 7 tiers, 4 bosses survived (Jaina, Azshara, Denathrius, Sylvanas). I think it would feel good to actually kill boss from time to time xD.
    N'zoth likely also survived, which would mean that barring the BfA mini-raid (and why shouldn't you ignore it), Zovaal was the first final boss of a raid killed since G'huun.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #68747
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Always hard to tell with bosses. You need a couple weeks of hindsight to really see what does and doesn't work. G'huun was in theory the coolest boss Blizzard had done in years, but in practice it just became a chore as it demanded several groups of competent and-or specific class players.

    - - - Updated - - -



    N'zoth likely also survived, which would mean that barring the BfA mini-raid (and why shouldn't you ignore it), Zovaal was the first final boss of a raid killed since G'huun.
    How did N'zoth survive, he literally got re-originated.

  8. #68748
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How did N'zoth survive, he literally got re-originated.
    He got stabbed by Xal'atath, which he had previously made a vig deal about acquiring before the Horde Champion took it to Azshara.

    Either the writers forgot about it literally within the same questline it was introduced, or N'zoth had some kind of plan in motion involving making sure Azshara got a weapon she assumed would kill him.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #68749
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How did N'zoth survive, he literally got re-originated.
    He died, but it was either outright stated or hinted that old gods go back to the plane of Void to regenerate like demons do.

    G'huun maybe as well (though a fake old god) but Jailer had nowhere to go back to. And yes as Sondrelk stated there is some possibility the knife was used to store his soul (it even shows magic going into the knife when Wrathion uses it... but it disappears after an explosion)
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-10-12 at 08:53 PM.

  10. #68750
    I would agree that its looking like a combo of Murazond and Galakrond.

    Although I am not convinced Galakrond might be a boss we face. He could end up being a set piece to further the plot like Sargeras in Legion.

  11. #68751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    He got stabbed by Xal'atath, which he had previously made a vig deal about acquiring before the Horde Champion took it to Azshara.

    Either the writers forgot about it literally within the same questline it was introduced, or N'zoth had some kind of plan in motion involving making sure Azshara got a weapon she assumed would kill him.
    The weapon was used to access draw out/gain access to the real N'zoth.

    Azshara's whole plan all along was to kill N'zoth, and she needed the dagger to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    He died, but it was either outright stated or hinted that old gods go back to the plane of Void to regenerate like demons do.

    G'huun maybe as well (though a fake old god) but Jailer had nowhere to go back to. And yes as Sondrelk stated there is some possibility the knife was used to store his soul (it even shows magic going into the knife when Wrathion uses it... but it disappears after an explosion)
    Sure but that's such a stupid argument and completely disingenious.

    If you argue like that, we've never killed anyone, because there could always be an asspull to bring someone back.

    For all intents and purposes, we've literally deleted N'zoth from the universe. Reorigination is one step ahead of just killing. It's blipping something out of existence.

  12. #68752
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The weapon was used to access draw out/gain access to the real N'zoth.

    Azshara's whole plan all along was to kill N'zoth, and she needed the dagger to do it.
    Yes, but Xal'atath brought the dagger to N'zoth first, not Azshara.

    It can be argued he needed it so he could "give" it to the Horde hero and then Sylvanas just to located Nazjatar, but...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    If you argue like that, we've never killed anyone, because there could always be an asspull to bring someone back.
    We have killed a lot of lore characters that aren't coming back, but cosmic monsters coming back after they die has been lore from I want to say WC3? Was the demons coming back thing established there?

  13. #68753
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The weapon was used to access draw out/gain access to the real N'zoth.

    Azshara's whole plan all along was to kill N'zoth, and she needed the dagger to do it.
    And she got that weapon from Sylvanas, who in turn got it from the mind controlled Horde Champion after N'zoth made a big deal about how it would further his plans.

    Azshara assumed the dagger would kill him, but there is no reason to assume N'zoth didn't tamper with it before he sent it to Sylvanas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #68754
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Always hard to tell with bosses. You need a couple weeks of hindsight to really see what does and doesn't work. G'huun was in theory the coolest boss Blizzard had done in years, but in practice it just became a chore as it demanded several groups of competent and-or specific class players.

    - - - Updated - - -



    N'zoth likely also survived, which would mean that barring the BfA mini-raid (and why shouldn't you ignore it), Zovaal was the first final boss of a raid killed since G'huun.
    Assuming that Zovaal is dead... :O

  15. #68755
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Out of last 7 tiers, 4 bosses survived (Jaina, Azshara, Denathrius, Sylvanas). I think it would feel good to actually kill boss from time to time xD.
    Idk man the constant winning stuff got old and in BfA the fact we actually failed in palace scratched an itch for me

    We aren't some Uber powered gods we are adventurers that for the last 15 years in game had the backup from either ancient weapons, a slumbering titan, or a pantheon of titanesque beings.

    The last thing we managed without Uber help was killing archimonde and even then we had the guardian providing back up.

    I say we kill her but her siblings are released which gives us a reason to go underground next tier

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    Assuming that Zovaal is dead... :O
    I mean he's more concretely dead than any old god. We saw his body drain

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I feel tempted to level again just so I can go back to the questline with whispers and time travel

  16. #68756
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We didn't fail in the Eternal Palace wot?
    We failed in that N'zoth was released thanks to the power of the Heart of Azeroth necklace. She basically manipulated us in the same way Xal'atath did to us via her dagger(Admittingly both are.. odd). Honestly it would of been better if the game just showed us acting mind controlled but I digress.


    Edit: When I say mind controlled I mean when we see the xalatath dagger again in BFA. Most "Champions of Azeroth" wouldn't do what we the player were made to do. It served the gameplay and story but...honestly any character that had any sense of what the Old Gods are would of just left it there instead of listening to it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #68757
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    We didn't fail in the Eternal Palace wot?
    N'Zoth was freed.

    That was pretty fucking big failure.

  18. #68758
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Bit of a random question but I assume the gold missions from the mission table stop with the pre patch?
    Genuinely forgot we even had a mission table in Shadowlands. Glad it’s something they’ve retired going forward, it felt fairly futile in Legion let alone now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The weapon was used to access draw out/gain access to the real N'zoth.

    Azshara's whole plan all along was to kill N'zoth, and she needed the dagger to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sure but that's such a stupid argument and completely disingenious.

    If you argue like that, we've never killed anyone, because there could always be an asspull to bring someone back.

    For all intents and purposes, we've literally deleted N'zoth from the universe. Reorigination is one step ahead of just killing. It's blipping something out of existence.
    Yes and no. It’s been stated if demons are killed within the twisting nether or near high amounts of fel then they die permanently - I imagine they’d pull the same with void. So, all of the old gods are simply within the void plane no doubt, so that the day we get to go there we’ll be whooping their asses and killing them once and for all again.

  19. #68759
    I am not entirely convinced that N'zoth and Zovaal weren't allies. Or at least moving against the same enemy with very different goals.

    They both say pretty similar ominous lines about "what is to come" and then there's the whole HoA / Worldkiller Iris weirdness.

    I think what will be telling what we discover about Neltharion in Dragonflight. Will it shed any light on what N'zoth's schemes really were.

  20. #68760
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    They both say pretty similar ominous lines about "what is to come"
    its not because of some mind-blowing overarching plot. Its because blizzard's writers are so comically bad that the only way they know to characterize a villain is to make them utter non-descript threats in a cavernous voice. It's only barely more competent than making them hold a big sign saying "big bad villain"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •