I even understand that not all armor from the past will work for Evoker, but the friggin tier set they just designed brand new? Hell, the entire tier set should work in Dracthyr form and if that makes problems, give them a unique new tier set Dracthyr model or whatever. This solution is just pure lazyness.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I even understand that not all armor from the past will work for Evoker, but the friggin tier set they just designed brand new? Hell, the entire tier set should work in Dracthyr form and if that makes problems, give them a unique new tier set Dracthyr model or whatever. This solution is just pure lazyness.
    I'd argue there is no solution offered tbh.

Fully agree, not designing their own tier to work with Dracthyr form is just dumb and not something I have issues criticising them for at all

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking if a lot of people complain about this, they might fix it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Fully agree, not designing their own tier to work with Dracthyr form is just dumb and not something I have issues criticising them for at all
    I can't even tell if it's laziness at this point or if they just forgot and were flippant about it not being a real concern.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I'm thinking if a lot of people complain about this, they might fix it..
    Will take few expansions before Blizzard descend from their high horse regarding this issue and give Dracthye some armor to wear and other classes to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    I can't even tell if it's laziness at this point or if they just forgot and were flippant about it not being a real concern.
    Based on the state of Evoker in general (hint: bad) I wouldn't be surprised about this. They are completely out of touch in regards of Dracthyr and Evoker feedback. Their devs must live in an echo chamber, because they are basically ignoring every valuable feedback.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-10-10 at 02:06 PM.

Based on the state of Evoker in general (hint: bad) I wouldn't be surprised about this. They are completely out of touch in regards of Dracthyr and Evoker feedback. Their devs must live in an echo chamber, because they are basically ignoring every valuable feedback.
    I think its not so much that they are out of touch but more a problem of time.

By the time the public got to see the Dracthyr they were to committed to redesign the model. So the feedback doesn't matter, there is no time to scrap it and start over.

Same with the Evoker, they don't have time to redesign the class and fix the fundamental problems so they can either keep its identity, flawed tho it may be, and work with that or scrap it and go for the most bland thing ever. Which in their opinion is a bigger mistake.

Its a general problem with game development. By the time players get to see anything most of it is already set in stone and feedback doesn't actually do anything.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I think its not so much that they are out of touch but more a problem of time.

By the time the public got to see the Dracthyr they were to committed to redesign the model. So the feedback doesn't matter, there is no time to scrap it and start over.

Same with the Evoker, they don't have time to redesign the class and fix the fundamental problems so they can either keep its identity, flawed tho it may be, and work with that or scrap it and go for the most bland thing ever. Which in their opinion is a bigger mistake.

Its a general problem with game development. By the time players get to see anything most of it is already set in stone and feedback doesn't actually do anything.
    What's surprising here is how they just completely changed Balance Druid within a few months. They went from trash tier talent trees to one of the best. So they can do it. But with Evoker they just seem to not care? Devastation hasn't gotten an update in months now, Evoker talent trees are still a mess and the entire class is basically the anti-thesis of the raid and encounter design in Dragonflight as of now. Devastation Evoker in PvP is so incredibly bad and a pure meme spec (oneshot enemy or go home) with so many issues, it's like none of the devs have ever played this class for real and just played them on paper.

I feel like the Fire Breath change did help Devokers a hell of a lot, changed the whole dynamic of the talent tree and actually helped turn atleast one of the Empower abilities into what it should have been: Something that has more thought to it than just "I fill bar to full!", and it rewards good gameplay with Everburning Flame (I think that's what it is called?).

It might seem like an inconsequential change, but it opened the talent tree up a whole lot.

It's not amazing yet, but it is actually quite enjoyable now, and they have their niche (Deleting adds/2 Target Cleave).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because as I said right above, that's how WoWHead chose to present Dracthyr even though there are vastly better options. It's the equivalent of showing tier for other classes on diapergnomes.
    I mean wowhead shows you how the tier sets look.. not how all differnt armor (costumization) able to fill it up, thats not the point.

But the tier set itselfs looks very bad on the dracthyr I agree.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    7 weeks, I'm starting to feel hype. Although this time I don't want to fuck up my sleep schedule, I'll celebrate launch moment on midnight and start leveling on the morning. Even if you don't want to stay behind, 'mandatory' for first week are only leveling+8xM0 clear.

Couple of weeks or so left until pre-patch; still hopeful more refinements are made to the revamped UI and that what we currently have is the "ship it" version. One in particular -- minimal option for unitframes and either integrated or detachable class/spec power.

Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-10-10 at 06:46 PM.

The beta testers gave me a he'll of a laugh yesterday
    Tons of groups for m+ but most didn't even use affixes or only fort

Storming really messed people up
    Too much ptsd

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The beta testers gave me a he'll of a laugh yesterday
    Tons of groups for m+ but most didn't even use affixes or only fort

Storming really messed people up
    Too much ptsd
    To be fair... a lot of people in the beta aren't there for testing in the sense Blizz wants, so when it comes to M+ they just want to learn the dungeon(s) ahead of time in terms of pathing and mob count. Some of the more hardcore people will start messing with the mechanics, while others will just try it once but never use it again. Granted I'm not actively testing Dragonflight right now despite having access to the beta, this is generally how it's been in the past.

I suppose you can derive meaning from this behavior for a meta argument about how people generally don't like affixes or, if given the option, will take the path of least resistance. Personally I feel this is true in general, which is why I sometimes find it odd the decisions Blizz makes when increasing the difficulty or making something more arduous than it needs to be because it'll supposedly cause players to engage more in certain content or system. Heck, even devs in the past knew that players will tend to take the path of least resistance and that there's a tenuous balance between convenience and adversity.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    To be fair... a lot of people in the beta aren't there for testing in the sense Blizz wants, so when it comes to M+ they just want to learn the dungeon(s) ahead of time in terms of pathing and mob count. Some of the more hardcore people will start messing with the mechanics, while others will just try it once but never use it again. Granted I'm not actively testing Dragonflight right now despite having access to the beta, this is generally how it's been in the past.
    I mean, you can do both at the same time perfectly fine.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, you can do both at the same time perfectly fine.
    Also, more testing and feedback of the storm mechanic means they might change it. Since they said the affix is potentially changeable.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Also, more testing and feedback of the storm mechanic means they might change it. Since they said the affix is potentially changeable.
    Affix is meh. Graphics are overwhelming, it's a simple move-out on a timer, it's annoying to melee and it doesn't seem to provide any boon.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-10 at 08:42 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I suppose you can derive meaning from this behavior for a meta argument about how people generally don't like affixes or, if given the option, will take the path of least resistance. Personally I feel this is true in general, which is why I sometimes find it odd the decisions Blizz makes when increasing the difficulty or making something more arduous than it needs to be because it'll supposedly cause players to engage more in certain content or system. Heck, even devs in the past knew that players will tend to take the path of least resistance and that there's a tenuous balance between convenience and adversity.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard by now knows that making something harder doesn't drive engagement. But they felt (imo rightfully) that they needed to balance the difficulty to gear gap between M+ and Raids.

And that this change will piss off a lot of M+ players who were used to getting near the best gear for to little effort is something they simply accept.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard by now knows that making something harder doesn't drive engagement. But they felt (imo rightfully) that they needed to balance the difficulty to gear gap between M+ and Raids.

And that this change will piss off a lot of M+ players who were used to getting near the best gear for to little effort is something they simply accept.
    I do mostly M+ and personally welcome any added challenge. It honestly pissed me off how piss-easy it was to do 15s - you could easily pull it off with a fresh 60. Progression? What's that? We don't need that in our game!

We need to actually try to push now. I believe that a decent number of M+ players, if not the majority, will end up embracing this change. Makes us play longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot