1. #69201
    only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??

  2. #69202
    Immortal Shadochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Shit Throne
    Posts
    7,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    only ptr build so far, no beta or is the same as beta??
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug

  3. #69203
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Personally, I would prefer that they didn't test the invasions/story stuff on PTR not to spoil it.
    So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

    If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy

  4. #69204
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

    If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

    From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.

  5. #69205
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Beta servers are offline atm (for me at least) but nothing has been pushed yet. Probably gonna be same build. Hope they fix the annoying WQ bug
    And then gear gives the ui bug

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbh I think the prepatch event will just be a copy paste of the elemental invasions on beta right now except using a different currency on different zones.
    Maybe a world boss elemental lord dude in each zone too.

    From what I’m seeing of the elemental invasions it’s doable. Just atmospheric effects and buffs placed on NPCs.
    They still have things to test because as has always been the case...blizz qa is not as useful as ptr

  6. #69206
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Hope not, Evoker needs to be release at the same time as prepatch
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  7. #69207
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Well, If its not a placeholder, I'm very dissapointed with the music, they went really lazy this time.
    It sound very fake to me and, like it was made... just to be there.

    The Dragonflight parts sound much better and more orchestrated in the cinematic
    It's a current trend with film/tv and games, more computer editing and less orchestra. Doesn't help that their music department got budget cuts.

  8. #69208
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    So you want it to launch in an extremely broken state then

    If ppl want to avoid spoilers for a patch two weeks away I think it is pretty easy
    I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.

  9. #69209
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I actually have no response because this about sums up this forum.
    he is right tho
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

  10. #69210
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Guys.... wheres the pre patch event? Is there none this time around?
    There's always a pre-patch, why would you assume otherwise?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Wrath Classic prepatch had Death Knights from day one.
    Ye, i don't think a brand new race/class is comparable to a re-release of a class from 14 years ago.



  11. #69211
    Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!

  12. #69212
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I'll still want my evoker up for a week or two if only to gear them up!
    yeah im actually preparing all of my toons for this
    i want all of them around 270 so the leveling experience isnt terrible

  13. #69213
    So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #69214
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So now that we have some music, what are peoples opinion on the intro theme?
    Personally a bit underwhelming to my tastes, but curious what others have to say about it.
    I really like it. I wish it was longer though.

    It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.

  15. #69215
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I really like it. I wish it was longer though.

    It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.
    I would say the first 10 seconds are important to give a good feel for the expansion. SL starting with the same theme for when you are dead was a brilliant touch for instance.
    Maybe I'm just not into this particular brand of intro. I prefer a more bombastic one like The Shattering, or Before the Storm.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I get why it feels short though. Usually we would have gotten some snippets of other themes used in the expansion. BfA having the themes of Zuldazar for instance. I didnt really get the impression that this one did the same, unless we can expect to hear it in Valdrakken or something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #69216
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I really like it. I wish it was longer though.

    It's also annoying seeing people say "ya never listen to the song for more than 10s anyway". Like, dude... that never actually happened, even before the instant login. No one actually listened to it unless they really wanted to or if they listened to it on youtube. The login themes are usually for those people.
    Plus they are the main promotional audio of the expansion.
    People who enjoy the art of the game, especially the music, often enjoyed it outside the game. I often listen to gaming music to relax because there is so much amazing music written for games. Plus it's great for my D&D sessions.

  17. #69217
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    nope.. has to happen about 2 weeks before launch which would be the 15th
    Based on what? The Legion prepatch that was 6 (7?) weeks long?

    In other news:

    I wonder if Grant Kirkhope is still involved in Dragonflight. His pieces in Shadowlands were some of the best in the expansions (Torghast, Maw Track, Revendreth Track, helped with Nathria) and while I initially expected them to suffer from the One-Trick Pony syndrome that all his other tracks suffer from, they are actually quite diverse and distinctive (even though the Torghast songs are dreading dangerously close to Gruntildas Lair).

    He might've been busy with Mario + Rabbids, but it would be a shame.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-10-12 at 08:59 AM.

  18. #69218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I get why it feels short though. Usually we would have gotten some snippets of other themes used in the expansion. BfA having the themes of Zuldazar for instance. I didnt really get the impression that this one did the same, unless we can expect to hear it in Valdrakken or something.
    I think they usually sample most if not all of the expansion zones during the intro.

  19. #69219
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think they usually sample most if not all of the expansion zones during the intro.
    Maybe it's more apparent once we actually have the other themes to compare it to. Should probably not be hasty on declaring it boring in that aspect.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #69220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would say the first 10 seconds are important to give a good feel for the expansion. SL starting with the same theme for when you are dead was a brilliant touch for instance.
    Maybe I'm just not into this particular brand of intro. I prefer a more bombastic one like The Shattering, or Before the Storm.
    The Shattering one is amazing. It's my favourite one along with the Wrath one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus they are the main promotional audio of the expansion.
    People who enjoy the art of the game, especially the music, often enjoyed it outside the game. I often listen to gaming music to relax because there is so much amazing music written for games. Plus it's great for my D&D sessions.
    I agree, I rarely ever sat down to listen to the music at the login screen, I always do it outside of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •