10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw with the new lore focus I fully expect Odyn to be the final villain.
    Or a Major Content patch boss. He always disliked the Dragons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or a Major Content patch boss. He always disliked the Dragons.
    Yeah could see him being the penultimate tier boss and the one behind the plot of Dragon Isles with Murozond being the actual final boss and the one leading to the next xpac.

I wouldn't say Villain, but he might certainly be an antagonist. And a jerk, but that's not new.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I wouldn't say Villain, but he might certainly be an antagonist. And a jerk, but that's not new.
    Would prefer not to fight him for a third time (coincidence we get HoV back in the roster?) and have someone new instead, but oh well.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-16 at 05:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Normal Raid is open on Beta. Lots of lore bits.
    Ooo like what?

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. I still think it's Murozond.

1+ Year Old Account
    LONG maintenance on Tuesday. Hopefully, to prep for Pre-Patch in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There has beens some mention of the novel by Steve though it doesn’t say much.
    Yeah but what kind of mention? The book was said to come out right before Dragonflight and there is no official news about it, not even if it was cancelled or just delayed? I just can't find any news post about it that gives us an information about the state of the book. It just seems like they silently removed every evidence and even changed the Amazon pre-order to something ominous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Isn't the same book.

The tweet is about the Dragonflight Codex coming in 2023, the book Nyel is talkin about is the book that was supposed to be the pre-expansion novel, which apparently got Sylvanafied and shoved into 2026.
    Yeah exactly this. I'm specificially talking about the novel that was said to come out right before or around Dragonflight's launch.

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.wowhead.com/news/untitle...tential-327017

I don't know if this was officially announced thought, maybe it was always just the lore-book from the beginning and not a corresponding novel.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-10-16 at 07:39 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    LONG maintenance on Tuesday. Hopefully, to prep for Pre-Patch in the next week or so.
    I mean, we kinda know when pre-patch hits, so there is not much to hope for.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, we kinda know when pre-patch hits, so there is not much to hope for.
    I love getting attacked on the forums for just making an observation. Obviously, we have an "idea" for when the pre-patch will launch based on that "leak". I just found it interesting that a long maintenance would be occurring THIS Tuesday.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love getting attacked on the forums for just making an observation. Obviously, we have an "idea" for when the pre-patch will launch based on that "leak". I just found it interesting that a long maintenance would be occurring THIS Tuesday.
    Attacked? Holy Mother of Hypersensitivity.

For some stupid reason I didn't believe the beta had character copying like the PTR (even though I've played a beta before with copying), so I went through the entire expansions' basics on a completely new "account" (FML!).
    After I realized it's possible: I copied the 'account data' to the beta and it wiped the dragonflight-glyphs progress; I guess those are in the category of 'testing code bugs'; reported it anyway (small bugs can metastasize).

We don't have an "idea" for when the Pre-patch hits. We KNOW when the Pre-patch hits. It's the reset after this one. We know since SL Season 4 ends that week.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2h in Europe

Yeah, that guy is super sensitive....
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

1+ Year Old Account
    These forums....lord help us. Thank god only .0005% of people visit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Attacked? Holy Mother of Hypersensitivity.
    It's MMO-Champion. People have a habit of blowing things way out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Suddenly pulling up these post...

This person was leaking information with Scaleface... did they see the new dwarves ahead of time?
    If we get Allied Races, that would certainly be quite unexpected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    People are already tantruming over the First Ones and Zereth Ordus being mentioned but its the only way it makes sense for the Titans to be so powerful.
    It's not "tantruming" (not a word)—people are simply upset because it's redundant and cheapens preexisting lore. There's no reason to expand the hierarchy to include the "KEWL NEW BIGGER GODS!!!" other than the introduce an increasingly-powerful sequence of new enemies for our characters to fight. It's a means by which to substitute retroactively-introduced relevance and Power Level-tier nonsense for extensions of the lore which possess depth or substance.

ok so this is how is see DF going
    9.0 primalists and incarnates with the other incarnates being released leading to underground patch
    9.1 black empire secrets after the revelation of Tyr and the keepers lying is revealed and Xal takes front line
    9.2 Hour of twilight stuff and Odyn war with chromatus being revived and Odyn going scorched earth wanting to kill all mortals and reboot the world with followers of the titans
    9.3 Moruzond goes back in time to have the aspects lose against galakrond and we follow him ensuring the battles happened and that galakrond is defeated all while creating moruzond and him going off to be defeated by us in Cata and the dragons seeing mortal races thus allowing them to create their visages (this also closes the plot hole of them having visages before mortal races existed)

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Neat.

Blatant retcon, but it does make sense, and is fitting in making the Titans more morally grey.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess because it's straight out admitting that old lore will be treated as Keeper propaganda, which is kinda weak considering it's further undermining the Chronicles books.
    "Oh shit, we wrote ourselves into a corner. I guess we may as well just decide to arbitrarily retcon out all contradictory information!!!!!!!!!!!"

I actually do have to say that it's at least a breath of fresh air to return to the initial state of the Titans as more morally-convoluted beings instead of the Super-Good Guizzz we were reintroduced to in Chronicles. Still, it doesn't work as well now that the Titans aren't distant alien beings whose nature and objectives are inscrutable to us, but instead essentially Giant Spehs Robits whose motives boil down to the vague object of "ORDER!!!" which they will presumably fail to substantially define throughout the entirety of the new lore right up until the next retcon which ditches all the previous cosmology and introduces the Initial Integers.

Another thing which could produce some interesting lore is the suggestion that the Black Empire had any more substance to it than a benighted quagmire of dread and barbarity. Aside from the irrevocable consequences of the implicit retroactive hamfisting of the First Ones into old lore, this introduces the potential for a more nuanced approach to conflicts which were previously portrayed as fairly black-and-white.

Yogg remains the MVP. Sad N'zoth can go cry in a corner
    I find it amusing how much time and effort Blizzard spent on making N'Zoth look like the Big Bad Evuhl Genius, but this whole time Yogg-Saron has maintained the most consistent track record of actually succeeding at any enterprise he undertook.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-10-17 at 04:06 AM.

Pre-Patch Event - Primal Storms

The new event is called Primal Storms, where hordes of Primalist mobs invade specific zones. We were able to pinpoint that the invasions seem to be static, with each zone getting a specific invasion:

- Earth Invasions happen in Northern Barrens;
    - Fire Invasions happen in Tirisfal Glades;
    - Storm Invasions happen in Un'Goro Crater;
    - Water Invasions happen in Badlands.
    Pre-patch event is gonna show everybody why we desperately need a World Revamp, every time we go back to the core zones of Warcraft, the base of the franchise, it looks uglier than before, it's so bad now that it's starting to break the immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Pre-patch event is gonna show everybody why we desperately need a World Revamp, every time we go back to the core zones of Warcraft, the base of the franchise, it looks uglier than before, it's so bad now that it's starting to break the immersion.
    So, in the event for Shadowlands, they explicitly retread the ground of Wrath of the Lich King—now, in the event for Dragonflight, they're explicitly retreading the ground of Cataclysm. Of course.