Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am assuming she is named Innaria to be Mesopotamian. We got Odyn for Norse, Ra for Egyptian and now Inanna (Sumerian). Waiting for Anu or Enki but they might give us a female leader for once to get their quotas.
    Perhaps. I hope you're right. Because they've been no stranger to borrowing story elements from their own IPs before. But straight up ripping off names is low brow, even for them.

The only issue I see is that I would assume the new hinted continent would share the name convention as well. Not something based on Avalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Perhaps. I hope you're right. Because they've been no stranger to borrowing story elements from their own IPs before. But straight up ripping off names is low brow, even for them.

The only issue I see is that I would assume the new hinted continent would share the name convention as well. Not something based on Avalon.
    Hey if we get a Hanging Gardens of Babylon titanforged city, I'll be happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey if we get a Hanging Gardens of Babylon titanforged city, I'll be happy!
    Pretty sure even Diablo has some biblical elements and ideas so ripping off seems off base.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Pretty sure even Diablo has some biblical elements and ideas so ripping off seems off base.
    You don't want to know how many things in existence are King Arthur ripoffs.

It seems more like a nod to medieval lore in general. We have medieval cultures in WoW but not really any that have a strong medieval or knightly theme.

PTR testing cancelled due to issues.. hope they can sort all the problems/bugs out within the next 10 days.
    The clock is ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    PTR testing cancelled due to issues.. hope they can sort all the problems/bugs out within the next 10 days.
    The clock is ticking.
    Yeah reported it and logged. They were trying some effect to limit visibility in the storm but it was very disorienting and gave me some nausea since your screen would go from a completely opaque light blue to normal in the blink of an eye while turning around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    The clock is ticking.
    It's not coming in 10 days. Event never start day 1 and if they didn't change mind it will start on week 4 and last 12/13 days.

With those lore books, guess we'll be headed to Uldorus before too long.

Also Avaloren is, name-wise, clearly based off Avalon. Makes me wonder.

Omph. Straight scrapping the barrel from Diablo lore if they go there. I mean the rebel titan is even called Innaria.

Let me guess, her and this Old God make a race of super beings as their offspring?
    Based on the wording of the report, Innaria isn't a rebel, the rebelling heretics did something to (and presumably killed) Innaria.

That would also be why this Avaloren's thematic naming doesn't gel with Innaria. Innaria wasn't one of the heretics (who, presumably, named Avaloren), they fought them.

It can also be sheer chance they used the name.

Remember, there's two Hakkars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's not coming in 10 days. Event never start day 1 and if they didn't change mind it will start on week 4 and last 12/13 days.
    I did do the event & it felt pretty epic: The main problem was the area telemetry randomly loading/unloading. Seems like the new things they did with rendering distance doesn't agree with the old world. They should probably revamp it at some point.

Omph. Straight scrapping the barrel from Diablo lore if they go there. I mean the rebel titan is even called Innaria.

Let me guess, her and this Old God make a race of super beings as their offspring?
    I think you misread that. The rebels did something to Innaria, it doesn't say that Innaria rebeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    With those lore books, guess we'll be headed to Uldorus before too long.

Also Avaloren is, name-wise, clearly based off Avalon. Makes me wonder.

Based on the wording of the report, Innaria isn't a rebel, the rebelling heretics did something to (and presumably killed) Innaria.

That would also be why this Avaloren's thematic naming doesn't gel with Innaria. Innaria wasn't one of the heretics (who, presumably, named Avaloren), they fought them.

It can also be sheer chance they used the name.

Remember, there's two Hakkars.
    Pretty much every original book is sourced somewhere song of ice and fire is based on the war of roses

None of the warcraft pantheons are original. Most likely both characters are based on the same mythologocal figure.

Not like wrath of the loch king copied the mcu cus both have a loki
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ugh they couldn’t have just saved some face and made the titans the first ones could they? Titan titans are so incredibly lame.
    Since they've been setting up Void Lords to be as powerful as titans (and also the Pantheon of death but no one cares about them), I don't think the fact titans are not the First One is that bad.

I'll agree it's just pushing a step further what the titans were in the original lore tho. And I'll also agree that having Khaz'Goroth as the shaper of mountains was way cooler than robot do bzzt bzzt.

Odyn knowing about Zereth Ordos means that he might simply know about other Zereth, which makes the whole "Sargeras became crazy because he saw the void" completely stupid since he probably knew about Zereth Ordos himself so I hope they'll have a good explaination about that shit. (Spoiler : They won't)

Dammit, they did realize Prot was even more OP than Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Was the Dragonflight novel cancelled or what happened to it? I haven't seen anything from it, it was supposed to come out November 22, but the Amazon listing changed to nothingness releasing in 2026.
    So nobody can answer this? A book was announced back during Dragonflight announcement iirc, but it just seems to have been forgotten? I can't find any recent information about it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Since they've been setting up Void Lords to be as powerful as titans (and also the Pantheon of death but no one cares about them), I don't think the fact titans are not the First One is that bad.

I'll agree it's just pushing a step further what the titans were in the original lore tho. And I'll also agree that having Khaz'Goroth as the shaper of mountains was way cooler than robot do bzzt bzzt.

Odyn knowing about Zereth Ordos means that he might simply know about other Zereth, which makes the whole "Sargeras became crazy because he saw the void" completely stupid since he probably knew about Zereth Ordos himself so I hope they'll have a good explaination about that shit. (Spoiler : They won't)
    The explanation for Sargeras going crazy could have simply been that he considers reality the realm of Order, and that the Void Lords destroying it would be horrible. Really it doesnt change much of his motivation except being aware that there is someone higher than him who presumably doesnt care that the Void Lords are planning to conquer everything.
    In fact, you could argue that him preferring the universe to be destroyed is simply him practicing scorched earth tactics on reality rather than let the Titans lose their grip on what all the cosmic forces want, and which the Titans presumably have a pretty firm grip on controlling.

Really the bigger question isnt why Sargeras cared about the world being destroyed, but why the Titans are in reality to begin with, and not in their own Order themed realm.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The bigger, bigger question, is why didn't the Titans use Zereth Ordos to "order" the entire reality at once, similar to how the Janitor tried to. After all, they had the knowledge of it and more than likely had unlimited access to their Zereth and the means to power it up?

The even bigger, bigger question, is why didn't Sargeras "unmake" the entire existence that way? After destroying the Pantheon, he likely had access to both Zereths- of Order and Chaos, plus he had a spare titan(Argus) to fuel the process?

Something tells me that we're in for a lot more retc... I mean "new information". If I had to bet, the next in line is that Azeroth is not a nascent Titan, but a First One.

Just when the shitshow called Shadowlands started to fade from my memory and I was looking forward to an "untainted" new journey in Dragonflight, Steve "many threads of a rope" Danuser had to continue his "fuck the old lore" crusade.
    unclench your jaw

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    The bigger, bigger question, is why didn't the Titans use Zereth Ordos to "order" the entire reality at once, similar to how the Janitor tried to. After all, they had the knowledge of it and more than likely had unlimited access to their Zereth and the means to power it up?
    Tbf, smurf nipple man had to dominate Azeroth for that to happen.

Whereas Thul and co. want her to be born.

Formerly known as Arafal

Normal Raid is open on Beta. Lots of lore bits.

The even bigger, bigger question, is why didn't Sargeras "unmake" the entire existence that way? After destroying the Pantheon, he likely had access to both Zereths- of Order and Chaos, plus he had a spare titan(Argus) to fuel the process?

Something tells me that we're in for a lot more retc... I mean "new information". If I had to bet, the next in line is that Azeroth is not a nascent Titan, but a First One.

Just when the shitshow called Shadowlands started to fade from my memory and I was looking forward to an "untainted" new journey in Dragonflight, Steve "many threads of a rope" Danuser had to continue his "fuck the old lore" crusade.
    Titans have a long history of unused engines. But I guess they're going to do as UndedoKoleda said.

I mean if there is a Pantheon that was going to obey its makers it would be the Order pantheon.

And yeah I am also thinking Azeroth is pretty much the Omega of the First Ones or something of that sort.