7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    considering the previous EK/Kalimdor revamp is arguably the single most hated thing in WoW, why on earth do you think they would make the colossal mistake of repeating it?
    Uhhhh, what? Cata revamp as most hated thing in WoW? Please.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uhhhh, what? Cata revamp as most hated thing in WoW? Please.
    That's probably quite a bit of a stretch. It was, however, most definitely a major resource cost that ultimately wasn't worth the effort for the developers, so i still doubt they'd ever do it again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's probably quite a bit of a stretch. It was, however, most definitely a major resource cost that ultimately wasn't worth the effort for the developers, so i still doubt they'd ever do it again.
    I mean, they turned highly obsolete (or even dead) zones into a great question experience (Azshara, Westfall, Darkshore). Sure, it is not endgame, but considering how many times I leveled through them since Cata, I say it was worth it. But ye, the gameplay improvement was done, so now they would mainly improve visuals and updated the story. Not worth it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Honestly if they did a revamp without figuring a way to make it evergreen content or just using those zones for a new xpac, that'd be moronic.

I mean, they turned highly obsolete (or even dead) zones into a great question experience (Azshara, Westfall, Darkshore). Sure, it is not endgame, but considering how many times I leveled through them since Cata, I say it was worth it. But ye, the gameplay improvement was done, so now they would mainly improve visuals and updated the story. Not worth it.
    That quickly became obsolete and dead again, so nothing of note was achieved there. Mind, not worth it doesn't mean they didn't get anything out of it; it means they didn't enough out of it to justify the investment.

7+ Year Old Account
    That quickly became obsolete and dead again, so nothing of note was achieved there. Mind, not worth it doesn't mean they didn't get anything out of it; it means they didn't enough out of it to justify the investment.
    The leveling experience did not become obsolete. The fact that Azshara (and many other places) was transformed from no quest zone into a full leveling zone was not meaningless. Across both Vanilla continents quest chains got streamlined, auto complete got implemented, we got more choices in where to level up. To this day I see plenty of players leveling in old zones, when logically thinking they should rather go to BfA/SL. Dead and obsolete my ass. Don't look at Cata revamp only in the context of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That would be nice. Like nothing's changed. I just don't really see them doing that for some reason though. For example, why even take the seed to the Dragon Isles in the first place?
    The world tree seeds are SUPPOSED to be blessed by each Aspect, but because Fandral cheated/was corrupt he skipped that, leading to the tree being corrupted itself. So Tyrande is following the old ways.

Why she didn't do it during the timeskip is up in the air.

- - - Updated - - -

The revamp wasn't worth it because they did the whole thing in the stretch of one expansion development cycle. As we have seen since WoD, old models have been revamped and retouched, and in BFA we saw that they can simply retexture and recontextualize existing zones with some new buildings. I think that we have a handful of old models that still need to be updated (cows) but other than that? What is left? They just did the Alliance/Horde airships and one of them isn't even used. Same with the Nelf and Belf ships. They are absolutely building towards some use of all these redone models.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Danuser's comments on Gilneas are probably the most decisive thing. Plans might change but it really does seem like they will do a reclamation of Gilneas thing, and we know it's not the heritage quest (as that wasn't what happened).

If they want to do Gilneas, what else will happen? And what would the Horde equivalent be? Most importantly... what would the context be?
    The Horde equivalent of a restored Gilneas is the Bilgewater city in Azshara, which they have had since Cataclysm.

While the Gilneans were living as refugees in Darnassus and Greymane was Varian's butler, the Bilgewater goblins had built a new city in Azshara and practically took over the entire region.

The Worgen and Goblin were introduced in the same expansion so they are juxtaposed. It just so happens that the Horde race had a whole new city and a new zone they took over, while the Worgen were just refugees in the Night elf capital.

The Night elf capital was also destroyed btw, so the Gilneans were evicted twice from their home; meanwhile, the Bilgewater city in Azshara still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The world tree seeds are SUPPOSED to be blessed by each Aspect, but because Fandral cheated/was corrupt he skipped that, leading to the tree being corrupted itself. So Tyrande is following the old ways.

Why she didn't do it during the timeskip is up in the air.
    It would be nice if they got their immortality back.

7+ Year Old Account
    What would be nice about it? Sacrificing it in W3 allowed them relate more to mortal races, forced them to open up to the world and form a better alliances. Suddenly regaining it would be weird AF and would serve no real purpose, beside making them suddenly stand out.

What would be nice about it? Sacrificing it in W3 allowed them relate more to mortal races, forced them to open up to the world and form a better alliances. Suddenly regaining it would be weird AF and would serve no real purpose, beside making them suddenly stand out.
    Relate aka make them purple humans. I'm so tired of this.

Why would it be weird? Don't think they would suddenly stand out either, they already live very long lives, it wouldn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really its almost immortality, if it was they'd never die and well that wasn't true before the lost it. Not succombing to aging is certainly not a bad thing and storywise, I have a hard time believing players give a damn if Nelves can't age/be ageless.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Relate aka make them purple humans. I'm so tired of this.

Why would it be weird? Don't think they would suddenly stand out either, they already live very long lives, it wouldn't matter.
    So why bring it back, if it doesn't matter? That is a pretty big story development for a single race. Also, it would not suddenly and magically change their writing.

So why bring it back, if it doesn't matter? That is a pretty big story development for a single race. Also, it would not suddenly and magically change their writing.
    It doesn't matter in the sense it won't matter to the other races. It would be a nice little win for the Nelf players/fans though. Also, if they can put a meaningless wedding in-game they can do this.

Speaking of which, are Dracthyr immortal?

It would be completely irrelevant within the timeframe of the game. Even without their immortality, elves can reach over a millenium. The game won't span a timeframe where any elven character even noticeably ages.

It would be completely irrelevant within the timeframe of the game. Even without their immortality, elves can reach over a millenium. The game won't span a timeframe where any elven character even noticeably ages.
    Yes, but it's the thought that counts.

We did have the plot of an elderly night elf looking to regain their immortality back in MoP. Ofc most of them probably got BBQ'd by the Horde so it's not nearly as important a plot point anymore; the Night Elves had a much more burning confrontation with mortality than just aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Horde equivalent of a restored Gilneas is the Bilgewater city in Azshara, which they have had since Cataclysm.
    This is why we need a World Revamp, while Alliance gets Gilneas back Blizzard can send Bilgewater offshore into the sea and remake it as a minor city because people from both factions want something, but the problem is that only Alliance has been losing stuff, so the only way to avoid drama while giving Alliance stuff back is by revamping the existing Horde counterpart stuff they've never lost.

Yet, it's funny to see that some people think that for every Alliance loss the Horde also lost something, which isn't the case since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    considering the previous EK/Kalimdor revamp is arguably the single most hated thing in WoW, why on earth do you think they would make the colossal mistake of repeating it?
    This is extremely untrue, Cata revamp came with some of the best new questing experience one could want... I was just saying last night how much I enjoyed Cata compared to classic while levelling a new warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This is why we need a World Revamp, while Alliance gets Gilneas back Blizzard can send Bilgewater offshore into the sea and remake it as a minor city because people from both factions want something, but the problem is that only Alliance has been losing stuff, so the only way to avoid drama while giving Alliance stuff back is by revamping the existing Horde counterpart stuff they've never lost.

Yet, it's funny to see that some people think that for every Alliance loss the Horde also lost something, which isn't the case since Cataclysm.
    Indeed. It wasn't the case in BfA either.

Because, while all of Teldrassil was annihilated, the Forsaken still retained their holdings in Tirisfal around the Capital City (Deathknell, the Bulwark, Calston Estate). This is a truth that some Horde players unfortunately failed to grasp, as they genuinely believed the loss of Teldrassil was mirrored by the loss of Undercity. Even though it wasn't the case, since the elves lost their ENTIRE ZONE, while the Forsaken lost only the capital city, but retained other holdings in the zone.

The Alliance has always lost more than the Horde.

This is evident in Cataclysm, where the Bilgewater goblin built a new city in Azshara and took over the entire region, while the Worgen lived as refugees in Darnassus. And while Gallywix had an entire mountain range sculpted to resemble his face, Greymane was living as a disgraced butler to Varian.

When Gilneas is restored, the Horde doesn't deserve anything in return. The goblin, the Worgen's Horde counterpart, already got their restoration in Cataclysm.

So the Night elves will restore their homeland by using the new world seed (mirroring the restoration of the Ruins of Lordaeron), and the Worgen will restore Gilneas. But the Horde is done with their restorations, they don't deserve anything else.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-10-31 at 10:03 AM.