I am going to be so salty if we get Jinyu or Ankoan and the Horde get Mogu.

Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I am going to be so salty if we get Jinyu or Ankoan and the Horde get Mogu.

Grr.
    They're building up to Sethrak again with the introduction of the Refti (the snake titan constructs) so there's that as well. Interesting times.

The Ohnaran Plains leitmotif is god tier.

why would someone want another race using night elf skeleton? I'd much rather have new races with new rigs and skeletons if new playable races are to come

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    The Ohnaran Plains leitmotif is god tier.
    Trying so hard to resist the temptation of listening to the zone themes. I really want that feeling of properly hearing it the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    why would someone want another race using night elf skeleton? I'd much rather have new races with new rigs and skeletons if new playable races are to come
    Ehh, the actual rig is irrelevant to me. I want an AR that looks and feels unique, with a unique race identity. Whether it uses swords like nelves do is kinda irrelevant.

That being said, i do actually quite like the Ankoan reusing the Nelf animations. Given the Asian influences in Nelf culture it fits quite well with the pseudo-samjrai influence the Ankoan have.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ehh, the actual rig is irrelevant to me. I want an AR that looks and feels unique, with a unique race identity. Whether it uses swords like nelves do is kinda irrelevant.
    Its likely, as with the shadowlands races, this is just to test a new NPC race model (Just look at all that unused underwater Dragon Isles real estate). I know most of us would prefer Tuskarr & Gnolls for a playable race. In fact, if I had to guess, the Jin'yu file is to test a new model for an existing race with a new rigging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The real problem is the playerbase doesn't want it. Bring up housing and half of this website will tell you it's "pointless". They just want to raidlog and call it a day.
    My bet is on a modular dungeon creation feature, like in Neverwinter. They get around the stigma of calling it player housing, while serving the function of player housing by default. Just make a dungeon with an urban tileset & furnishings, then stick the boss in the basement: There you go, a personalized house you & your friends can hang out in.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-11-04 at 05:33 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gilgoblins using that model for a third time after vulpera is just to much imo. I rather see new stuff or rather stuff that isnt overly used. Vrykul or mogu for example as playable options. They dont even bother changing their stance to selerate them a bit. Feels like a reskin.

I honestly care for new stances or animations and can realy make the difference. I think nightborne are a good example of changing the stance to make them different.

I cant imagine anyone being super excited about goblins with fins, but hey to each and their own I guess.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-11-04 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Cov races would be the best choice for new AR's. Give them story reason to join us, and presto.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

People expecting new AR to share skeletons/models with their NPC counterparts in game.

Then you remember how they did Nightbornes dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Its likely, as with the shadowlands races, this is just to test a new NPC race model (Just look at all that unused underwater Dragon Isles real estate). I know most of us would prefer Tuskarr & Gnolls for a playable race. In fact, if I had to guess, the Jin'yu file is to test a new model for an existing race with a new rigging.
    Gnolls for AR would be amazing. Let me run around Stormwind as Hogger XXIV, son of Hogger.
    A racial that lets you skin humanoids would be amazing as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanaXVIII View Post
    People expecting new AR to share skeletons/models with their NPC counterparts in game.

Then you remember how they did Nightbornes dirty.
    That's just the Nightborne though, and those seemed to be special in that every single one of the NPCs used a non-customizable model, which meant they had to create a new Nightborne player model basically from scratch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Furbolgs or we riot. /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I sure hope they fix all this stuttering before DF launches. I was just doing Zereth Mortis for the first time and even the pre-rendered cutscenes stuttered...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That's just the Nightborne though, and those seemed to be special in that every single one of the NPCs used a non-customizable model, which meant they had to create a new Nightborne player model basically from scratch.
    And Highmountain. And Mag'har. And Dark Iron. All of the races that had a real presence prior to Allied Races becoming a solidified system. The group that Jinyu would hypothetically be a member of if they were to get the Allied Race treatment. All used a model different from the release model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    And Highmountain. And Mag'har. And Dark Iron. All of the races that had a real presence prior to Allied Races becoming a solidified system. The group that Jinyu would hypothetically be a member of if they were to get the Allied Race treatment. All used a model different from the release model.
    Highmountain, Mag'har and Dark Iron had all different skeletons before AR's? (they did not)
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Highmountain, Mag'har and Dark Iron had all different skeletons before AR's?
    The skeletons being the same isn't relevant. They all used different model IDs as NPCs than the playable iterations we eventually received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    The skeletons being the same isn't relevant. They all used different model IDs as NPCs than the playable iterations we eventually received.
    It is relevant, becasue the talk was how Nightborne NPC's had completely different skeletons than AR Nightbornes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, he uses the past sense because he is no longer an Aspect. None of them are, they gave that power up to kill Deathwing.
    Yet you still have them referring to themselves as aspects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Yet you still have them referring to themselves as aspects
    I mean, c'mon dude. You really think that was Murozond in the video? Using Nozdormu visage?

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except there are no aspects anymore.. so the past tense has nothing to do with murozond.

People really need to stop searching for ways to be angry at blizzard just to be angry.
    What are you talking about being angry at blizzard???
    I think the only bad thing from blizzard related to this is they aren't the best at hiding twists but at the same time they plant seeds for this stuff super early. We actually quest with a dragon who ends up being the infinite dragon in a TBC dungeon

And the aspects still are aspects which is why they are referred to as aspects multiple times since cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, c'mon dude. You really think that was Murozond in the video? Using Nozdormu visage?
    We have no idea if they would have different visages and yes I can believe that

He goes to the dracthyr
    Says he's one guy
    Does evil shit
    Dracthyr now distrust nozdormu and his allies

10+ Year Old Account
    We still can't easily solo BfA raids in heroic mode (ilvl 400+) ... nice -_-