1. #70021
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Deathwings human form was actually used in Cataclysm. It was for a single quest in the Badlands where you helped a gnome steal the sun and what have you. It was quite famous for having a blood elf male posing as a hot babe.

    Honestly even weirder that it was only used that one time.
    It was also used in the climax of the twilight highlands quest chain, also for about 2 seconds, where Alexstraza confronts Deathwing.

  2. #70022
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It was also used in the climax of the twilight highlands quest chain, also for about 2 seconds, where Alexstraza confronts Deathwing.
    Real shame as well. That model is one of the best humanoid models the game has.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  3. #70023
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Aren't the Primalists allied with Galakrond? Or at least wanted him to lead them?
    Feels like that is the natural conclusion you are supposed to draw.
    Galakrond is barely sentient & just wants to eat everything; The Primalists want to be Elementals. They only want to resurrect Galakrond because he would be an immediate crisis for the servants while leaving the Primalists alone.

    It's either that & they want things to go back to how it was before Titan interference. In which they would worship Galakrond as the alpha predator but that would be dumb. Resurrecting an alpha predator seems like an oxymoron.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-10-25 at 06:37 PM.

  4. #70024
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Galakrond is barely sentient & just wants to eat everything; The Primalists want to be Elementals. They only want to resurrect Galakrond because he would be an immediate crisis for the servants while leaving the Primalists alone.
    Haven’t thought about it before but I wonder if the primallist might want to use galakrond as a distraction so they can try and shatter the elemental planes to return all
    The elementals to Azeroth full time. That would be a pretty good shake up/something to stop them from doing.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  5. #70025
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Wish it included something we didn't already know.
    Gives a design to galakrond and a decent summary to the story

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Galakrond is barely sentient & just wants to eat everything; The Primalists want to be Elementals. They only want to resurrect Galakrond because he would be an immediate crisis for the servants while leaving the Primalists alone.

    It's either that & they want things to go back to how it was before Titan interference. In which they would worship Galakrond as the alpha predator but that would be dumb. Resurrecting an alpha predator seems like an oxymoron.
    Galakrond is barely sentient??
    Protodrakes must have been bottom of the barrel dumb then considering he ambushed a group of them.

  6. #70026
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Gives a design to galakrond and a decent summary to the story

    - - - Updated - - -



    Galakrond is barely sentient??
    Protodrakes must have been bottom of the barrel dumb then considering he ambushed a group of them.
    Yeah. Proto-Dragons are just feral beasts basically.

  7. #70027
    I know the last two expacs they have held music back as long as possible, but I would love it if they were holding it back because they had big names working on it. I remember what an impact Jeremy Soule had on MoP, although from what I understand he had some recent controversy sadly.

    Regardless, I very much look forward to the music when it drops. The art team is still hitting* it out of the park.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2022-10-25 at 06:58 PM.

  8. #70028
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Galakrond is barely sentient??
    Protodrakes must have been bottom of the barrel dumb then considering he ambushed a group of them.
    They say in the video that most proto drakes only went on instinct and only a few were above that and capable of speech and what not.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  9. #70029
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They say in the video that most proto drakes only went on instinct and only a few were above that and capable of speech and what not.
    Let's not forget that even Ysera, who is supposed to be among the intelligent ones, still only identified stags like "prey", or friendly dragons like "friend". As opposed to after her ascension where she started assigning names and concepts to things.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #70030
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The words "Return to Azeroth" strike strong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It is odd how quickly people engage with people they know are irrational and unwilling to debate in good faith. I used to have that problem, but I'd figure most would grow out of it quickly as I did.
    Sometimes, it’s just entertaining to see if you can get them to budge at all.

  11. #70031
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Yeah. Proto-Dragons are just feral beasts basically.
    Yeah so feral they are able to speak and strategize and have complex interpersonal relationships

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    They say in the video that most proto drakes only went on instinct and only a few were above that and capable of speech and what not.
    And galakrond was one of those
    When protodrakes came to try and negotiate with him in order to betray Tyr and the others he had his little army of zombie dragons ready to tear them apart after he got the information

  12. #70032
    It was nice but not much more to say than that. Definitely did not give us information or show characterization like the BfA ones or Uther from SL.

  13. #70033
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It was also used in the climax of the twilight highlands quest chain, also for about 2 seconds, where Alexstraza confronts Deathwing.
    MoP legendary questline had you fight humanoid Deathwing with Wrathion.

  14. #70034
    I think your view of the new "Legacies Animated-Short" depends on your expectation(s) going into it. Sure, if you expected new lore/information, then it probably wasn't that great to you. However, for me, I had no expectations going in so I really enjoyed it a lot.

  15. #70035
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Sometimes, it’s just entertaining to see if you can get them to budge at all.
    I think they're usually also deriving entertainment from it, so I suppose there's sort of a peculiar Double Coincidence of Wants there. If your goal is to play tug-of-war, then it's certainly fine because you're both getting what you want. The only context in which I was speaking was in regards to serious argumentation.

  16. #70036
    Epic! AngerFork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    1,694
    Part of what struck me as interesting about this particular animated short is that there wasn't a specific person or subject it was about unlike many of the others. The BfA ones were all very specifically about one being (Jaina, Sylvanas, Azshara) & largely how certain specific instances have affected what actions they took. The Shadowlands ones were specifically about the four covenants & to a certain extent what problems the Jailer's machinations were causing each to undergo. This one though felt a bit more jumbled. The subject seems to be how the Aspects were created, but even then the parts about with the Dracthyr & Noz kind of pull away from those, and that's a not insignificant portion of the animation.

    I'm definitely curious as to the direction the others will go. One I'd presume will be on the actual origins of the Dracthyr as well as their starting state in the game, but the third one is thus far a bit of a mystery to me.

  17. #70037
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    - The ceremony of Empowering the Aspect seemed.. simple. They got in a circle, Alex was lifted into the sky, surrounded by light and evolved. Previously, we've been told (through Dawn of the Aspects, though) that the ceremony involved the Titans acting through 4 Watchers to empower them, but there are no Titan-forged in the area. Was the ceremony simplified on purpose or retconned?
    These cinematics tend to heavily abstract things for artistic purposes. See Sylvanas' guitar slide in Warbringers.

  18. #70038
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I think your view of the new "Legacies Animated-Short" depends on your expectation(s) going into it. Sure, if you expected new lore/information, then it probably wasn't that great to you. However, for me, I had no expectations going in so I really enjoyed it a lot.
    I don't think it was bad at all. If people found it boring its probably because there was already a book devoted to this exact story. Where as the Azshara one in BfA for example, elaborated on an event we only vaguely knew about.

    I am interested to see what the other two are. I am guessing one will be Deathwing's betrayal and downfall. And the last one probably covers the Primalists and the Dracthyr before being frozen in status.

  19. #70039
    https://twitter.com/PreachGaming/sta...u9zTmX8e-4VD0g Can't wait to hear what news he has for us tomorrow since he has been at Blizzard for the past 2 days. Surprise Interview?

  20. #70040
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Part of what struck me as interesting about this particular animated short is that there wasn't a specific person or subject it was about unlike many of the others. The BfA ones were all very specifically about one being (Jaina, Sylvanas, Azshara) & largely how certain specific instances have affected what actions they took. The Shadowlands ones were specifically about the four covenants & to a certain extent what problems the Jailer's machinations were causing each to undergo. This one though felt a bit more jumbled. The subject seems to be how the Aspects were created, but even then the parts about with the Dracthyr & Noz kind of pull away from those, and that's a not insignificant portion of the animation.

    I'm definitely curious as to the direction the others will go. One I'd presume will be on the actual origins of the Dracthyr as well as their starting state in the game, but the third one is thus far a bit of a mystery to me.
    I got the impression the shorts will be exploring how the dragons ended up where they are now by exploring three crucial moments in their history.
    The Dracthyr and Nozdormu I feel is there to give a framing, and to set up for the inevitable Neltharion storyline likely coming later.

    We just got the explanation for how the proto-dragons became proper dragons.
    Then we will get the one with the Dracthyr, which will likely explain more on why the Aspects felt it necessary to close off the Isles.
    And lastly we will get the one with the fall of Neltharion and the rise of Deathwing, to explain why the Aspects don't have their powers, which is important to understand the individual issues plaguing dragons as a whole.

    Will have to see what the Dracthyr short tells us though, given how it's the only one that will have entirely new info, as opposed to this first one just being a retelling of Galakrond, and the third one being Neltharion based.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think it was bad at all. If people found it boring its probably because there was already a book devoted to this exact story. Where as the Azshara one in BfA for example, elaborated on an event we only vaguely knew about.

    I am interested to see what the other two are. I am guessing one will be Deathwing's betrayal and downfall. And the last one probably covers the Primalists and the Dracthyr before being frozen in status.
    The Jaina one gave basically no new info whatsoever besides telling us Kul Tirans have a proud tradition of choirs. And that one is probably the best single short they have done.
    Similarly the Sylvanas one also didn't actually tell us new info besides that directly relevant to its placement in the questline.

    Not that i found this one stellar, as it didn't really elaborate on Proto-dragons and how they lived before Galakrond, but I think it was more here to establish Galakrond as a villain, and reestablishing the concept of Proto-dragons as barely sentient.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •