Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That is not true, last year we got world boss with mount and some transmogs. Of course next year is too close to 20th, so anything new will be very minor.

And there is also hope in some patch they will focus on revamping all major holidays in general.
    Did we? I thought the Doomwalker came much earlier than that?
    Suppose you might be right, and I do agree in that case that we should have gotten something tied to the WotLK classic event, but I wouldnt be shocked if the frostwyrm protodrake took that spot as the WotLK Classic tie-in event.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quite impressed by the music this expansion.
    There are quite a few themes i see myself frequently listening to.

My faves are Brackenhide, Nokhud offensive, the forest theme in Azure Span and the damn good new Inn music.
    The Primalist music is also really good.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That is not true, last year we got world boss with mount and some transmogs. Of course next year is too close to 20th, so anything new will be very minor.

And there is also hope in some patch they will focus on revamping all major holidays in general.
    Honestly, logging into both Hearthstone and Overwatch it's kinda sad that they stopped spending ressources on adding new stuff for the WoW holidays. Imagine if we would get a new transmog set with current standards for each new event, or new mounts, or pets etc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly, logging into both Hearthstone and Overwatch it's kinda sad that they stopped spending ressources on adding new stuff for the WoW holidays. Imagine if we would get a new transmog set with current standards for each new event, or new mounts, or pets etc.
    Feel like it shouldnt bee too difficutl to add one small thing for each of the major WoW holidays. The Winter Veil one obviously gives a new toy each year, but something small like a cosmetic brewfest hat or mug each year would be nice, or a new flower crown for each easter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Feel like it shouldnt bee too difficutl to add one small thing for each of the major WoW holidays. The Winter Veil one obviously gives a new toy each year, but something small like a cosmetic brewfest hat or mug each year would be nice, or a new flower crown for each easter.
    Tbf, I don't just want small things, I want awesome things! HD Transmogs based on the Hearthstone holiday hero portaits, awesome new mounts that can be counted among the best looking ones in the game (just as it was back when they first released the holidays) and cute pets that should be on the store but no, we just get them for some fun holiday quests. Evergreen content that will make people want to log in and actually play the holidays again, just like we do in Overwatch 2 right now or over on Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, have to agree. I doubt Blizzard is banking on reaching 30 years of WoW, so I imagine 20 years is when they will have their big blowout extravaganza. A world revamp and possible some sort of housing seems like the likely contenders for me. Nothing else really has that extra little something to warrant being that excited about, and Shadowlands took the last remaining easy nostalgia bait with Arthas.
    Why shouldn't they bank on another 10 years lol?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbf, I don't just want small things, I want awesome things! HD Transmogs based on the Hearthstone holiday hero portaits, awesome new mounts that can be counted among the best looking ones in the game (just as it was back when they first released the holidays) and cute pets that should be on the store but no, we just get them for some fun holiday quests. Evergreen content that will make people want to log in and actually play the holidays again, just like we do in Overwatch 2 right now or over on Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Why shouldn't they bank on another 10 years lol?
    Full HD transmogs every single holiday every single year might be a bit too ambitious, but it sure would be cool.

And I guess Blizzard might be banking on another ten years, WoW has survived this long, so I don't see why it can't last another decade. That being said I figure that Blizzard would rather cash in on nostalgia now than wait another ten years. Five at the most given 25 years and a quarter century sounds more impressive than "just" 20.

Anyone else surprised they didn't change the KSM mount? It's really not a great model and it's not a flying mount, like they usually are. They should've made it a drake reskin like the Razsageth drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm really late to realizing this, but if Cata was the start of the second age it makes sense the third age will also have an updated overworld to match it. Why they didn't do it now.... probably budget/OW2/D4 related.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Anyone else surprised they didn't change the KSM mount? It's really not a great model and it's not a flying mount, like they usually are. They should've made it a drake reskin like the Razsageth drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I'm really late to realizing this, but if Cata was the start of the second age it makes sense the third age will also have an updated overworld to match it. Why they didn't do it now.... probably budget/OW2/D4 related.
    Whether it's flying or not doesnt really mean anything considering you would want to use Dragonriding mounts for outdoors exploration anyways. For dungeon exploration I imagine the mount we get is better anyways, since you tend to want a smaller ground based mount to not obscure the screen the much, and to ensure you can get anywhere without having to dismount.

Dragonriding customization might have been nice, but I guess Blizzard needed more unique mount drops since they lost the avalanche of required mounts the game needed in Shadowlands for the covenants.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like MoP was the beginning of the second age of WoW, or whatever you want to call it. It was when we got the new talent system, and we officially went into new territory for storylines. Cata might not have been as heavily tied into WC3 like the previous expansions, but it did heavily feature storylines at least from Classic.

Just feels weird to lump Cata together with MoP when they have barely anything in common outside the usual stuff. Especially when WotLK and Cata are basically the same game, in the same vein Legion and BfA were the same game.

I feel like MoP was the beginning of the second age of WoW, or whatever you want to call it. It was when we got the new talent system, and we officially went into new territory for storylines. Cata might not have been as heavily tied into WC3 like the previous expansions, but it did heavily feature storylines at least from Classic.
    Let's not forget that Deathwing originated in WC2. So it kinda dealt with storylines even older than WotLK.

Just feels weird to lump Cata together with MoP when they have barely anything in common outside the usual stuff. Especially when WotLK and Cata are basically the same game, in the same vein Legion and BfA were the same game.
    I think Cataclysm is considered WoW 2.0 because it deviates from the WC3 story. Yes, Deathwing was a part of WC2 but he's basically a completely different character in Cata so its fairly irrelevant.

For me the shift occurred when they could no longer rely on WC3 source material and had to make new stories. One of the most bizarre things about Cataclysm in retrospect is that it erases the foundations it was built on. The expansion was very much, "oh here's a conclusion to many of these unresolved plot lines from Vanilla". But for a completely new player the basis was removed, they don't even understand what Cataclysm is referencing 90% of the time.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're making zero sense. What exactly are you expecting? And what is random about Wrathion? He knows you. He knows you're important and capable. Of course he would call you up for something like this. And the quest is literally telling you about the Dragon Isles and why you are going there. Maybe actually read it?
    Our conversation going back and forth is pointless. Clearly, as I stated, I didn’t read it because I’m avoiding spoilers. Apparently, things make more sense when you play the Dracthyr starting zone. I was simply speaking from the perspective of Wrathion/Ebyssian greeting you with a quest, upon logging in, without ANY knowledge of the Dracthyr starting zone or anything else. I think we’re arguing over nothing because we’re both ignoring what the other is trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Our conversation going back and forth is pointless. Clearly, as I stated, I didn’t read it because I’m avoiding spoilers. Apparently, things make more sense when you play the Dracthyr starting zone. I was simply speaking from the perspective of Wrathion/Ebyssian greeting you with a quest, upon logging in, without ANY knowledge of the Dracthyr starting zone or anything else. I think we’re arguing over nothing because we’re both ignoring what the other is trying to say.
    What's the problem with that? Seriously. Why do you need an explanation for somebody coming to you and asking if you could help them with something?

1+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem with that? Seriously. Why do you need an explanation for somebody coming to you and asking if you could help them with something?
    I'm not sure why you have been yelling at me for two days over this? It's clear that you don't understand what I am talking about.

Anyone ever wonder why there isn't a Black Dragonflight themed variant of the generic HD endgame set? (Crafted epics, primal storms, etc.)

We have a red, green, yellow, and blue one. But no black one. Seems like a weird oversight considering we have a Black variant for the Valdrakken civilian set, and i doubt it would be difficult to just give it as a reward for reaching the end of the Wrathion/Sabellian reputation.

1+ Year Old Account
    So, I actually like you. I've been reading your posts on here for a long time. I think we were just getting confused on each other's words. I am avoiding ALL spoilers. So, from "my perspective", getting a random quest from Ebonhorn/Wrathion makes ZERO sense narratively as the last thing I did, in game, was to reclaim Undercity. Now, apparently, if you do the Dracthyr starting zone AND read the quests in Org/SW (as you mentioned), doing both makes A LOT more sense. So, I apologize if there was any miscommunication.

Anyone ever wonder why there isn't a Black Dragonflight themed variant of the generic HD endgame set? (Crafted epics, primal storms, etc.)

We have a red, green, yellow, and blue one. But no black one. Seems like a weird oversight considering we have a Black variant for the Valdrakken civilian set, and i doubt it would be difficult to just give it as a reward for reaching the end of the Wrathion/Sabellian reputation.
    I'm guessing there will be a more overtly Neltharion/Deathwing themed patch (maybe the underground because possible Deepholm ties) that has more Black Dragon aesthetics. Maybe when whatever happens with Sabellian goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm guessing there will be a more overtly Neltharion/Deathwing themed patch (maybe the underground because possible Deepholm ties) that has more Black Dragon aesthetics. Maybe when whatever happens with Sabellian goes down.
    Probably, still seems odd though.
    Then again, there is supposedly a hidden sixth variant of the Valdrakken civilian set that uses Eternal colours, so not impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, i actually may need an explanation as well on how the isles wake up.

I assumed what causes it to stir is us venturing into Uldaman.
    Turns out no, we venture into Uldaman when the isles are already rediscovered.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Could be it's Razsageth breaking free. The Primalists got there before the wards had fallen (they have infilitrated the draconic creature society there). When her Vault is breached, Koranos is alerted and moves to start the beacon at Tyrhold. As soon as he does, Nozdormu heads for the the Dracthyr area with Wrathion and Ebyssian while Alexstrasza heads to check on Tyrhold.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-11-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

I believe the devs said it had to do with Azeroth healing during the timeskip. Maybe her eating more Spirit caused the elements on the Isles to act up?

Also:
    https://twitter.com/warcraft/status/...uc-LVJVpciVDgA

Between this and the big Bronze Door I think the Dream may be the focus of a patch. Could be 10.1 if Ysera needs to be brought back quickly.

Maybe double zones like BFA? Dream + Underground
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-11-06 at 08:37 PM.