So what do people want from 9.1 when it comes to covenants? Not sure what people think about Path of Ascension or the other covenant specific things, but I would love more Abomination Factory content, got far too much malleable flesh that I have no idea what to do with.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I hope we get 9.1 on PTR before April or this is gonna be a disaster
    SL 2nd tier date is on pace for BFA's 3rd tier. Looking like a WOD style 3 tier xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2t View Post
    SL 2nd tier date is on pace for BFA's 3rd tier. Looking like a WOD style 3 tier xpac.
    WoD didn't have Covid and work from home restrictions so don't count SL out yet. Seems pretty presumptive to think its going the way of WoD.

All the more reason to lower expectations.

Not really, they haven't been on a yearly expansion goal since WoD and they stopped doing that since then. If anything the major content patches will be like BFA/Legion for the time being.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-03-12 at 08:47 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    WoD didn't have Covid and work from home restrictions so don't count SL out yet.

Legion
    7.1 considered too soon by raiders
    Also contained system fixes
    Also only 3 bosses

BfA
    8.1 very similar with a larger raid then a small 2 boss raid most skipped

SL
    Big raid
    New zone

But let’s also look at 9.0 compared to 7.0 and 8.0

No mandatory power grind
    Rep grinds aren’t required
    8 dungeons
    4 campaigns instead of 1
    Leggo acquisition is easier

But yes let’s claim WoD 2.0 because the gap to 9.1 is similar to the gap of other patches and ignore the fact that the content is seemingly going to be released on a regular schedule for each patch. I prefer a longer 9.0 over a year long 9.3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So what do people want from 9.1 when it comes to covenants? Not sure what people think about Path of Ascension or the other covenant specific things, but I would love more Abomination Factory content, got far too much malleable flesh that I have no idea what to do with.
    Really? Nothing. I know resources for patches are limited, so I would like whole story, content, rewards available for everyone, tied to patch theme.

Just remember how 7.2 turned out, Blizzard put ton of effort there, but regular people saw only 1 story chapter out 12, 1 mount questline out of 12, 3 artifact questlines + Mage Tower out of 7 (only if they played all specs). Imagine if all these meaningless class chapters were scrapped and we would get epic campaign with Kiljaeden...

For that it would have to launch around October. So far we have no reason SL first season won't last usual 6 months.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-13 at 01:36 AM.

Do the SL beta popped up

Who’s ready for 9.1 ptr next week?

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Do the SL beta popped up

Popped up where? I do hope we get PTR next week... Most guilds are knocking out the first 4/10M and some more casual ones are progressing Heroic Denathrius. Right now if the patch comes out in July/August we already looking at 2 months of "break" for most guilds.

Last week when we decided to go Mythic, we lost around 7 players due to unsub post curve (4 weeks)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Popped up where? I do hope we get PTR next week... Most guilds are knocking out the first 4/10M and some more casual ones are progressing Heroic Denathrius. Right now if the patch comes out in July/August we already looking at 2 months of "break" for most guilds.

Last week when we decided to go Mythic, we lost around 7 players due to unsub post curve (4 weeks)
    8.0 was around for 5 months(ish emphasis on ish). is before we got Battle of Dazaralore so keep that in months.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

8.0 was around for 5 months(ish emphasis on ish). is before we got Battle of Dazaralore so keep that in months.
    True that, we'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks...

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

It popped up on launchers temporarily
    Add in the streamers going “are you ready for next week” along with some devs saying it makes me almost certain this upcoming Tuesday is ptr release.

Let’s say 8 weeks of ptr meaning mid May launch

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It popped up on launchers temporarily
    Add in the streamers going “are you ready for next week” along with some devs saying it makes me almost certain this upcoming Tuesday is ptr release.

Let’s say 8 weeks of ptr meaning mid May launch
    I'm pretty sure all of this is related to TBC Beta. Also kinda doubt they would do both in same week, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I'm pretty sure all of this is related to TBC Beta. Also kinda doubt they would do both in same week, but who knows.
    I suppose if TBC gets out in May, best-case scenario for 9.1 is June/July

Can't imagine Blizzard will sacrifice the new content in SL just to build up under the old content in TBC. TBC isnt even really as big a selling point as Classic, even if more players wanted it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be other way around for exact same reason. Classic Beta lasted 3 months, but I expect this to be longer if they want good boss tuning and few small changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are the Gardens of life an actual place, or are you just making that up/guessing?
    Mentioned in the Maldraxxus questline by a Necrolords defending Maldraxxus, and slamming guys such as Titan creatures, beings from the Light and Void, as well as meddlers from the Gardens of Life.

- - - Updated - - -

Do the SL beta popped up

9.1 PTR is prolly next week, or the week after.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't imagine Blizzard will sacrifice the new content in SL just to build up under the old content in TBC. TBC isnt even really as big a selling point as Classic, even if more players wanted it.
    They don't. They're legit separate teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Mentioned in the Maldraxxus questline by a Necrolords defending Maldraxxus, and slamming guys such as Titan creatures, beings from the Light and Void, as well as meddlers from the Gardens of Life.

- - - Updated - - -

9.1 PTR is prolly next week, or the week after.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't. They're legit separate teams.
    I’m definitely thinking next week

WoD didn't have Covid and work from home restrictions so don't count SL out yet. Seems pretty presumptive to think its going the way of WoD.

Not really, they haven't been on a yearly expansion goal since WoD and they stopped doing that since then. If anything the major content patches will be like BFA/Legion for the time being.
    Why does this even matter anymore, Blizzard knew this before and other studios can do the same as they did before COVID. It's a poor excuse for a busted schedule. And Blizzard never tried to do yearly expansions. They thought about it, but never tried to achieve it. And no, not even with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Do the SL beta popped up

Highly doubt 9.1 is coming soon. It seems like their focus right now is getting TBC prepared for launch. I don't think they'll mix both at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure TBC is. And I'm sure TBC gets more players (back) into WoW than 9.1, so it makes sense to focus on TBC. Even if the TBC surge won't hold, it will undoubtly create more popularity than the launch of 9.1 will.

That's why it makes sense to alter between "Classic" and retail. TBC comes first, then comes 9.1, then comes the first / second phase of TBC, then comes 9.2 etc. Even if players won't play both at the same time I think there are enough players where it's overlapping and one fills the gap when the other hasn't that much to offer (as they did with Classic and BfA).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-14 at 08:31 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why does this even matter anymore, Blizzard knew this before and other studios can do the same as they did before COVID. It's a poor excuse for a busted schedule. And Blizzard never tried to do yearly expansions. They thought about it, but never tried to achieve it. And no, not even with WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Highly doubt 9.1 is coming soon. It seems like their focus right now is getting TBC prepared for launch. I don't think they'll mix both at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure TBC is. And I'm sure TBC gets more players (back) into WoW than 9.1, so it makes sense to focus on TBC. Even if the TBC surge won't hold, it will undoubtly create more popularity than the launch of 9.1 will.

That's why it makes sense to alter between "Classic" and retail. TBC comes first, then comes 9.1, then comes the first / second phase of TBC, then comes 9.2 etc. Even if players won't play both at the same time I think there are enough players where it's overlapping and one fills the gap when the other hasn't that much to offer (as they did with Classic and BfA).
    2 different teams bud
    One game won’t effect the other

2 different teams bud
    One game won’t effect the other
    You don't wanna release two products at same time...