Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    This mean anything to anyone? =
    oh my god

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No one is convinced, it's just that it will probably be sometime this/next week given the 9.2 PTR prep.

Also,

I will never understand how people think this kind of crap is good.
    Yeah I dont want to hear shitty dubstep or metal in my video games. Not my kinda thing. I like standard fantasy music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

I just combined the bottom three.

This mean anything to anyone? Seeing some obvious 'sacred geometry' lining up, or maybe the 6 cosmic forces on our cosmology charts.

loook into the fraacttaalss maaaaaan.

There it is my friends.

The answer to the riddle.

Obviously the top is a coded message and the bottom is the cyphers needed to unlock it.

Circle with 8 numbers = ROT8, Six squares = Hexadecimal, Triangles=...?

Might be into something with the circle and square highlighting certain runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hexagons.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Awesome. Someone smart try to figure it out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were just random bits of art. Some of the basic symbols aren't exactly new as generic ancient languages. Even the 12 classes thing sounds far fetched, because why exactly would the first ones have special symbols for the highly specific classes we have on azeroth.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Again, mechanic has a very specific connotation in American English that does not make for a good class name. "Repairman" does not sound interesting and super cool, and they are never going to add a Tinker class that is not just called Tinker, the thing everyone expects a technology class to be called within the universe.
    There are other MMOs on the market that have classes called Mechanic in their roster. Heck, FF14 has a Machinist class that has a similar connotation to Mechanic, and we have Mechanic NPCs in WoW. I really don't think players would be bothered all that much by the class name. I honestly feel that name-wise, Mechanic would be more preferable for players than Tinker would.

Racial-tinge of the name is clearly not an issue since they were willing to theme monks, available to many races, entirely around Pandaren and the August Celestials. Also I'm not going to get into this with you, because you might be able to kid yourself, but it's super, super obvious you just really want this leak to be right because it means Tinkers are being added.
    Yes Blizzard kept the racial tinge, but expanded the concept beyond just Brewmaster and created a more general Monk class albeit with a heavy Pandaren thematic. This allowed Blizzard to bring in more standard tropes found in the traditional RPG Monk classes, while still putting a little Blizzard spin on it. Changing the Tinker into a Mechanic would be along those same lines; Broadening the concept, allowing concepts from the technology class archetype to be used for their new class, and possibly still incorporating concepts from the original hero. I also think "Mechanic" does a better job of separating the tech class from the engineering profession. In the end, it simply makes sense. Especially given that this would appear to be a base class like the Monk, and not a hero class like the DK and DH.

And yes I do hope this leak is correct. I would obviously like to see a new class (though a tech-based class would be my top choice) in WoW, and Airships as player housing sounds intriguing. Frankly any post-Shadowlands news would be highly welcome. This expansion has been a huge drag IMO.

The runes in the teaser are definitely first one runes, although they bear some similarity to the Army of Light Runes. I've been examining futark runes and they don't really have much in common. The triangular runes are vaguely reminiscent to the Theban script for water, but are unlikely to be based on them. Definitely geometric in nature. Trying to see if I can find anything bearing any resemblance to them in sacred geometry.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Okay, this might be a bit silly, but I feel like everyone is focusing a whole lot on the runes that might as well be gibberish, and not enough on the sound.

I'm thinking maybe it's ambience sounds from somewhere that is already in the game? I can't check because I don't have a subscription at the moment, but I'm thinking maybe ICC or one of the titan facilities in Northrend? Maybe that would give some kind of clue as to what the patch is? I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Either way it's going to be revealed tomorrow so I'll try not to bash my head against it too much.
    Last edited by Squiddo69; 2021-11-11 at 01:14 AM.

The sound certainly sounds ominous. I can't imagine where ever it is being a nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddo69 View Post
    Okay, this might be a bit silly, but I feel like everyone is focusing a whole lot on the runes that might as well be gibberish, and not enough on the sound.
    I hadn't even realized the video had audio,

TARDIS mount confirmed
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    Yeah true, didn't consider the first one, they'd use "z" since the company is America based. Latter point though, if another time shenanigans expansion idea is true it doesn't sound wrong per se. Dunno, maybe because English isn't my first language.

"Mechanic" as a class idea sounds odd and cheesy though and makes me doubt the most. I'd think they'd go with a new class more original or more Warcraft sounding. But we'll see tomorrow I guess.
    "Changed" would be more apt. Same world, but it isn't as you left it. Different suggests that you ended up on another world that is similar to the one you know instead. Technically both can mean the same, but the connotations are quite different.

WoD was a different Draenor to TBC. TBC was a changed Draenor from the WC2 expansion.

I'm thinking maybe it's ambience sounds from somewhere that is already in the game? I can't check because I don't have a subscription at the moment, but I'm thinking maybe ICC or one of the titan facilities in Northrend? Maybe that would give some kind of clue as to what the patch is? I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Either way it's going to be revealed tomorrow so I'll try not to bash my head against it too much.
    I thought about it but then was too lazy to open premiere and reverse/speed it up.

It's the sound that plays when you're standing in front of the sigil of the Primus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI88vdZ3HoU&start=1728

I'm starting believe that there's no real way to decode the puzzle and the sound means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's the sound that plays when you're standing in front of the sigil of the Primus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI88vdZ3HoU&start=1728
    That is very similar however I don't hear any bangs in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I'm starting believe that there's no real way to decode the puzzle and the sound means nothing.
    There probably isn't much to them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Since no two symbols are the same, I doubt it’s a code. More likely just art assets from the new content. You can see some of those symbols inside the big one on bottom left of the image.

Yeah, I'm probably going to give up. I was just hoping it was code because I'm a huge nerd.