1. #14261
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    One of the datamining discords is openly talking about how they made this (fake) Sylvanar-Avatar-of-Azeroth image with intent to make it go viral and piss off fanboys with the most cringeworthy image possible. The more attention it gets, the happier they are.
    The problem though is the fact that the other possibility, she becoming the Arbiter, is out of the window now, and everybody knows she'll not get killed. So she could become the next Jailer, which most people think is unlikely, or something entirely different like on this image.

    All things considered, ofc that image would go viral, we have few outcomes to think and even this image being fake, people are upset because something like that isn't unlikely to happen.

    Some people had enough of her, especially considering how badly written her character is, full of holes and inconsistencies. She's poor as a hero, anti-hero, or villain. Anduin is also halfway on the same path.

    Now imagine how people would feel with the possibility of her being immortalized as a character that we would keep revisiting from time to time, like Wrathion, Magni, or Khadgar? Yeah, that would be terrible.

  2. #14262
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Who says they wouldn't sell expansions anymore? They just make them smaller for maybe $10 less, they release one each year and just one additional content patch. ESO model. Less work, same profit / same work, higher profit.

    Edit: If they do another world revamp, this is the only time they could do and successfully achieve this.
    Why would they sell them for less money?

    The trend is to sell them for more money.

  3. #14263
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    The problem though is the fact that the other possibility, she becoming the Arbiter, is out of the window now, and everybody knows she'll not get killed. So she could become the next Jailer, which most people think is unlikely, or something entirely different like on this image.
    It is not only unlikely for her to become the next jailer but also unnecessary. The jailer only exists as a kind of punishment for an eternal one gone rampant. When Zovaal was the arbiter there existed no jailer. The only thing needed at this point is a new arbiter (which Sylvanas is uncapable of because of being mortal...and not exactly emotionless and just). The maw can exist without a jailer, so the only question is: will she be cast in the maw for her deeds or will she go back to Azeroth with us. I think the answer to that is clear as day.

  4. #14264
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    or will she go back to Azeroth with us. I think the answer to that is clear as day.
    I don't care if she dies or which place she should go in the Shadowlands. But FFS I dearly hope she'll not come back to Azeroth. Pretty much like Illidan and Garrosh, there's no place for her in Azeroth.

    Leaving alone the fact that this is her second story arc concluded.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-11-22 at 06:33 AM.

  5. #14265
    Pretty sure, like always, Danuser will pull a "Enough!" with Sylvanas and end it on another cliffhanger. Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.0
    Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.1
    Learn what happened to Sylvanas in 10.2
    Learn what happened with Sylvanas and X in 10.3!
    Learn what will happen next in SYlvanas's life in 11.0!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  6. #14266
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is there any evidence the epilogue is specifically about her?
    Quite literally nothing.

    Just @TheFirstOnes being their typical self, making up claims with no evidence or even anything remotely hinting to it and then trying to play it off as fact.

    Business as usual.

  7. #14267
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That image in every way possible just screams "WoW."

    And yet nothing in that image exists in the game anymore.

    10.0 needs to fix that.
    Won´t be possible to bring exactly that back tho. Sadly, now a days we have way too many mounts, too many armor sets, toys.. etc

    Whilst this is ofc nice, it does remove a core aspect of what made wow excelent: you had the bare minimum and that made every little something special.

    Now you have people going around with over 200 "rare and unique" mounts each... 3 or 6 "legendary" items on the bags, millions of gold, teleports here and there... That basic core is gone. Luckily we can experience it in Classic and BC classic... although it is not hte same either, not even close but better than nothing.

    But maybe they can build something different towards the story and the land.

  8. #14268
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Good god the raid is the size of a zone. What a huge raid.
    don' get excited. remember who's at the head of the story.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  9. #14269
    Warchief Progenitor Aquarius's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    One of the datamining discords is openly talking about how they made this (fake) Sylvanar-Avatar-of-Azeroth image with intent to make it go viral and piss off fanboys with the most cringeworthy image possible. The more attention it gets, the happier they are.
    Yeah. I find it annoying already. This whole fuss around her.

  10. #14270
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pretty sure, like always, Danuser will pull a "Enough!" with Sylvanas and end it on another cliffhanger. Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.0
    Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.1
    Learn what happened to Sylvanas in 10.2
    Learn what happened with Sylvanas and X in 10.3!
    Learn what will happen next in SYlvanas's life in 11.0!
    Your argument kinda falls apart when her last encounter had her get fucked up and left as a prisoner.

  11. #14271
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pretty sure, like always, Danuser will pull a "Enough!" with Sylvanas and end it on another cliffhanger. Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.0
    Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.1
    Learn what happened to Sylvanas in 10.2
    Learn what happened with Sylvanas and X in 10.3!
    Learn what will happen next in SYlvanas's life in 11.0!
    World of ̷W̷a̷r̷c̷r̷a̷f̷t̷ Sylvanas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Your argument kinda falls apart when her last encounter had her get fucked up and left as a prisoner.
    Talking about Sylvanas this doesn't mean much.

    Even this joke comic from the BFA era isn't accurate, because she dies, something that everybody knows is impossible.

    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-11-22 at 07:36 AM.

  12. #14272
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Your argument kinda falls apart when her last encounter had her get fucked up and left as a prisoner.
    Garrosh got fucked up after his encounter in SoO. Sylvanas, on the other hand, got visibly unharmed AND got her soul back, which is actually good for her. And I don't see any shackles on her in 9.2.

  13. #14273
    So, here's something else I've found:

    UNUSED - Name changed from "World Tree 2" to "UNUSED".

    WORLD TREE 2.

  14. #14274
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Why would they sell them for less money?

    The trend is to sell them for more money.
    Because they offer less content. If you cut expansion content by 50% to release them annually, you have to adjust the price. And for sure you won't reduce the price by 50% as well, that's why I gave the $10 price tag. Reduce content by 50%, reduce price by 20% - still a massive financial gain overall.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    So, here's something else I've found:

    UNUSED - Name changed from "World Tree 2" to "UNUSED".

    WORLD TREE 2.
    World Tree 2 = Teldrassil = burnt down -> unused

    World Tree 1 should be Nordrassil in Hyjal, right?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #14275
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because they offer less content. If you cut expansion content by 50% to release them annually, you have to adjust the price. And for sure you won't reduce the price by 50% as well, that's why I gave the $10 price tag. Reduce content by 50%, reduce price by 20% - still a massive financial gain overall.
    But if enough people buy the expansions for the higher price, they have bo reason to reduce prices.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Your argument kinda falls apart when her last encounter had her get fucked up and left as a prisoner.
    Yeee-up which means we have to wait for 9.2 to see what happens yo her

  16. #14276
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But if enough people buy the expansions for the higher price, they have bo reason to reduce prices.
    It's called marketing psychology. Nobody would offer half the product for the same price, even if they could do. It generates more goodwill and trust when you reduce the price when you reduce the content, even if it's 90% less content but only 10% less price. It's a matter of perception and, eventually, deceit.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  17. #14277
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is there any evidence the epilogue is specifically about her?
    Considering she has a role to play in the raid, and considering almost nothing from the raid talks about Sylvanas dying whatsoever (Granted, we have little to no bio about anything regarding the final fight outside of abilities. But it's not like Blizzard's going to straight up just "kill" her, regardless), and considering the final chapter is literally called Epilogue: Judgement ("Judgement" being something Sylvanas' character's been leading up towards since like...Legion-BFA), I doubt it's anything but her...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Who else would it be about? Fucking Arthas? Anduin?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Quite literally nothing.

    Just @TheFirstOnes being their typical self, making up claims with no evidence or even anything remotely hinting to it and then trying to play it off as fact.

    Business as usual.
    Try to read the room first, before you start making false claims about me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Garrosh got fucked up after his encounter in SoO. Sylvanas, on the other hand, got visibly unharmed AND got her soul back, which is actually good for her. And I don't see any shackles on her in 9.2.
    By that point, she was basically beyond the powers of an Eternal One. Now, she doesn't have any Maw powers, and all that Soul thing did was simply complete her soul again. She knows about as much of Domination as we do, and her info on shit is LACKING. Only Anduin can really help us, and the only reason Sylvanas is being used for the Raid if so she could fix her shit by helping us in bringing Anduin back, and aiding us in our battle leading up to Zovaal. In Zovaal's Final Boss abilities, NO ONE is mentioned outside of Azeroth and the Player Character. It's literally just you and your other friends against Zovaal in a personal battle for the fate of the Cosmos. The Power of the First Ones and the heart of Reality itself Vs The Final Boss of Warcraft: Chapter 1 (According to Blizzard...which is dumb).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Pretty sure, like always, Danuser will pull a "Enough!" with Sylvanas and end it on another cliffhanger. Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.0
    Learn what happens to Sylvanas in 10.1
    Learn what happened to Sylvanas in 10.2
    Learn what happened with Sylvanas and X in 10.3!
    Learn what will happen next in SYlvanas's life in 11.0!
    Crazy how almost none of Sylvanas' "actual combatant situations" resulted in her saying "enough" or "winning". Hell, she lost HARD in most of them.

    Stalling Arthas? Got stabbed in the stomach.

    Suicide post LK? Trapped in the Maw, and is forced to make a pact with the guy who made the LK to begin with, cause she didn't know better and he was a fucking liar.

    Wanting to create more of your people? Garrosh compared you to the LK, you start to slowly lose yourself, and you're now on the shit list of most Horde races, including your own sisters.

    Commanding most of the Broken Shore's assault in 7.0? The Legion fucks you up, and the Dreadlords are likely laughing at you.

    Immortality through enslaving a Val'kyr? An Old Man whose Son you accidentally killed an a failed attempt to slay him, and whose Kingdom you horribly failed to cowardly destroy, let alone tactically take over at the original behest of your fucking Warchief, comes up to you, beats your ass despite getting a poison arrow through em, and destroys your last remaining chance at gaining immortality in any easy light.

    Peace with the Humans, the Living, and with your sisters? You cannot take someone doing the right thing once, or a rogue band being moronic (Before the Storm is a shit book btw), so you decide to cause a genocidal war and dismantle the Night Elves lol. What in the everliving fuck.

    The Players aren't able to stop your godly new powers? LOL YOU LOSE THEM ANYWAY CAUSE YOUR "MASTER" ENDED UP WANTING YOU TO BE HIS BITCH REGARDLESS! FUCKING MORON!

    I'm not even halfway done btw. Hell, she feels more side-charactery than the Dreadlords now in 9.2...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Speaking of "enoughs", Mal'ganis did more of those in this expansion alone than Sylvanas has throughout most of WoW.

  18. #14278
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    She won't die. Epilogue implies otherwise. I DO see her being the new Jailer however, but she won't be a "prisoner" like Zovaal.
    Yeah, as I said, non-punishment. I personally think she will be the next Jailer as well. "Oh woe is me, I'm no the jailer's jailer and I can do whatever I want otherwise."
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

  19. #14279
    Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    So, here's something else I've found:

    UNUSED - Name changed from "World Tree 2" to "UNUSED".

    WORLD TREE 2.
    World Tree 2 was added a while back now and hasn't ever been shipped. Definitely one of those things that might make sense with the context of knowing what the future content is, or something that'll never see the light of day/be explained.

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    One of the datamining discords is openly talking about how they made this (fake) Sylvanar-Avatar-of-Azeroth image with intent to make it go viral and piss off fanboys with the most cringeworthy image possible. The more attention it gets, the happier they are.
    Yeah, that was definitely not something I approve of but I can't stop what people do individually. Don't like misinformation, whether it's intentional or not.

  20. #14280
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    It is not only unlikely for her to become the next jailer but also unnecessary. The jailer only exists as a kind of punishment for an eternal one gone rampant. When Zovaal was the arbiter there existed no jailer. The only thing needed at this point is a new arbiter (which Sylvanas is uncapable of because of being mortal...and not exactly emotionless and just). The maw can exist without a jailer, so the only question is: will she be cast in the maw for her deeds or will she go back to Azeroth with us. I think the answer to that is clear as day.
    We don't know if we can actually kill Zoofie, there is a chance that he just needs to be locked up again. It would essentially be a mirror version of Illidan and Sargeras. We also don't know if the maw can exist without him, we don't know this for sure for any zone. It is heavily implied that the winterqueen is directly linked to her realm, but we don't know about others. None of them actually died yet, even Denathrius is still around. There is also tonns of his troops still down there that need to be dismantled, uncountable numbers of souls that shouldn't be there that need to be rescued and so on. There is plenty of reason for a new Janitor type character. It stands to reason that other souls probably should be kept in check to make sure none rises to power.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •