1. #15241
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People keep saying this but she never confronted Arthas after she *supposedly* regained control during the Third War: Arthas was in Icecrown & Sylvanas was still in the Eastern Kingdoms. She's clearly talking about the arrow she fired in the Sanctum of Domination. She never fired an arrow at Arthas. The WoWhead article even says its unclear who she's talking about but it's likely the Jailer.
    In WC3: TFT, during the Undead campaign, Sylvanas (now possessing her physical body as a Dark Ranger) ambushes Arthas in Lordaeron and hits him with a paralyzing arrow. Arthas, due to his diminished strength owing to the Lich King weakening, is affected by this and left to Sylvanas and her cohort's tender mercies. Kel'Thuzad shows up and chases Sylvanas off, however; and Arthas makes his way to Northrend to heed the call of the Lich King and eventually become the Lich King himself.

    This would be the incident where she "regains control," due to the first Lich King explicitly losing power to control the Scourge, and would also make sense of her stating she "betrayed her people," as in betrayed the Quel'dorei when Arthas raised her as a Banshee and she got yoked to the will of the Lich King.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  2. #15242
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In WC3: TFT, during the Undead campaign, Sylvanas (now possessing her physical body as a Dark Ranger) ambushes Arthas in Lordaeron and hits him with a paralyzing arrow. Arthas, due to his diminished strength owing to the Lich King weakening, is affected by this and left to Sylvanas and her cohort's tender mercies. Kel'Thuzad shows up and chases Sylvanas off, however; and Arthas makes his way to Northrend to heed the call of the Lich King and eventually become the Lich King himself.

    This would be the incident where she "regains control," due to the first Lich King explicitly losing power to control the Scourge, and would also make sense of her stating she "betrayed her people," as in betrayed the Quel'dorei when Arthas raised her as a Banshee and she got yoked to the will of the Lich King.
    This makes a lot of sense and also explains the "story that began in WC3" that the devs mentioned in the 9.2 preview.

  3. #15243
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So you are actually sure this is a finished animation we will see in-game when we bring him to 0%, instead of death cinematic we usually get? Because you seem to be overreacting hard and just wanting to shit on the guy on every occasion.
    No no no, everything will be so much better than it is on the PTR, you know, like always! It's obvious that I am joking about the recent animation, right? If we get a completely new one on the live servers we can talk about that.
    ______

    By the way, no hints for the upcoming expansions on the PTR as of now?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  4. #15244
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, he does fall like a toddler as well. No idea how anyone can take this guy serious, he's a walking Rugrat at this point. His motivations are the same as theirs.
    Have you looked at Kil'jaedens or Argus' death animation recently? Because they are just as bad. N'zoth and Gul'dan don't even have death animations.

    Wanna know why? Because the player will not, ever, see the death animations. Because they will die in a cinematic. Just like any last patch boss in the last 6 expansions.

  5. #15245
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No no no, everything will be so much better than it is on the PTR, you know, like always! It's obvious that I am joking about the recent animation, right? If we get a completely new one on the live servers we can talk about that.
    ______

    By the way, no hints for the upcoming expansions on the PTR as of now?
    Mimimi? I can't fathom how someone who is obviousl so fed up with the game and Blizzard in general STILL plays the game. Beyond me.

  6. #15246
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Have you looked at Kil'jaedens or Argus' death animation recently? Because they are just as bad. N'zoth and Gul'dan don't even have death animations.

    Wanna know why? Because the player will not, ever, see the death animations. Because they will die in a cinematic. Just like any last patch boss in the last 6 expansions.
    I don't disagree with anything you've said. I hope he dies in a cinematic, would be one redeeming quality for Shadowlands. I hope his comically bad mace plays a role in that cinematic as well, I wanna see that animation mid combat.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  7. #15247
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, no preaching here. You are just deluded and can't handle your favorite banshee be seen in a negative light. Fucking deal with it. Sylvanas was always a shady and dark character even before the Zovaal machinations. She deserves to answer for her crimes. Unlike the Fallen Prince who didn't even get to be judged fairly.
    You're very confused. You're talking to me about shit I haven't commented on.

  8. #15248
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I just checked out Zereth Mortis on the PTR.

    Spoiler alert, it's bland as hell.

    Dgmw, the art is technically pretty pleasing on its own, but the way it all comes together just makes it feel like yet another claustrophobic Shadowlands zone. There's no soul there, ironically. It doesn't feel alive (and it isn't).

    I just fucking miss old school fantasy vibes. Old dirt roads. Forests. Little rivers and lakes. Snowy mountains. Strange little cabins. Colourful takes on normal creatures like frogs and deer and wolves.

    I'll do it just to see the story end, but I definitely won't put a lot of time into 9.2. It's just not worth it. It's meant to be an experience all about escapism. Taking a step into another world, something which feels vaguely familiar but still mysterious and a bit magical.

    Zereth Mortis, like the rest of the Shadowlands, has nothing which speaks to me. I can't connect to it, because there are no real world elements there.

    Very much unlike zones such as Highmountain, which both looks and feels like a lovely January morning in Northern Europe (and Canada too, I presume).
    I hear you, I'm still eager to see if 10.0 will turn this around. I love and miss forests as well, and zones that were full of meaningful stuff to do. For a long time I haven't felt a connection to a zone...

  9. #15249
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I just checked out Zereth Mortis on the PTR.

    Spoiler alert, it's bland as hell.

    Dgmw, the art is technically pretty pleasing on its own, but the way it all comes together just makes it feel like yet another claustrophobic Shadowlands zone. There's no soul there, ironically. It doesn't feel alive (and it isn't).

    I just fucking miss old school fantasy vibes. Old dirt roads. Forests. Little rivers and lakes. Snowy mountains. Strange little cabins. Colourful takes on normal creatures like frogs and deer and wolves.

    I'll do it just to see the story end, but I definitely won't put a lot of time into 9.2. It's just not worth it. It's meant to be an experience all about escapism. Taking a step into another world, something which feels vaguely familiar but still mysterious and a bit magical.

    Zereth Mortis, like the rest of the Shadowlands, has nothing which speaks to me. I can't connect to it, because there are no real world elements there.

    Very much unlike zones such as Highmountain, which both looks and feels like a lovely January morning in Northern Europe (and Canada too, I presume).
    You've been digging on the expansion since forever so nothing new.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #15250
    “There are no real world elements there”


    …No shit

  11. #15251
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    So... what you are really saying is that we will save Anduin with the power of friendship? or perhaps the power of love? (Wrathion makes a suprise appearance)
    The power of dick

  12. #15252
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Colourful takes on normal creatures like frogs and deer and wolves.
    This confuses me. Aren't there colorful takes on those creatures in Zereth Mortis?

    And also is it really so weird that a place not of this world kind of lacks real world elements? If anything, the Shadowlands in general have been too close to real world (or at least Azerothian) elements. They should've gone weirder.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-12-03 at 07:46 PM.

  13. #15253
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    This confuses me. Aren't there colorful takes on those creatures in Zereth Mortis?

    And also is it really so weird that a place not of this world kind of lacks real world elements? If anything, the Shadowlands in general have been too close to real world (or at least Azerothian) elements. They should've gone weirder.
    Most of the points before that also don't have anything to do with fantasy, just generic pastoral enviroments. Rather boring take, really.

  14. #15254
    Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    So... what you are really saying is that we will save Anduin with the power of friendship? or perhaps the power of love? (Wrathion makes a suprise appearance)
    I mean, probably, kind of. Arbiter Pelagos fits in well.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  15. #15255
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Most of the points before that also don't have anything to do with fantasy, just generic pastoral enviroments. Rather boring take, really.
    Yeah, and I just don't really get it anyway because we literally just had that.

    Kul Tiras was chock full of that. Zandalar less so but I'll count it too.

    Variety is a good thing. And like I said, Blizzard still played it way too safe with the Shadowlands' designs.

  16. #15256
    The people who bitch that we don't have generic forests are the same people who roll humans complain that orcs are ugly. Same people who say that Oblivion has the best setting in any TES game.

  17. #15257
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The people who bitch that we don't have generic forests are the same people who roll humans complain that orcs are ugly. Same people who say that Oblivion has the best setting in any TES game.
    I mean, WoW is a fantasy game, not a sci-fi one, and for quite some time now, many WoW zones resemble more Destiny than TES, to be honest.

  18. #15258
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,334
    Removed PTR already, I want to explore zone on launch. On first impression it's great, finally some big open endgame zone. Usually small ones were like that (TI, Mechagon) and big ones were hellholes (which of course fits, it's usually enemy lair), this time it's other way around.

  19. #15259
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I mean, WoW is a fantasy game, not a sci-fi one, and for quite some time now, many WoW zones resemble more Destiny than TES, to be honest.
    WoW hasnt been purely fantasy since Warcraft ended. The demons were long established as a spacefaring army that looked demonic partially because they were corrupted, and partially because they were aliens. The game has long combined both fantasy and sci-fi to be its own weird thing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #15260
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I mean, WoW is a fantasy game, not a sci-fi one, and for quite some time now, many WoW zones resemble more Destiny than TES, to be honest.
    Please enlighten me which zones "resembles Destiny" other than Zereth Mortis. Even the Shadowlands one, other than the fact that they are in the Shadowlands, are pretty grounded.

    Hell, the most scifi the game ever went was Argus and whole of TBC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •