No one liked Ashran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    WoD is pure unfiltered greatness compared to Shadowlands.

Watch the in-game cinematic trailer and tell me that doesn't move you, it's filled to the brim with soul and passion and feels like WARCRAFT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYueIdI_2L0
    Feel and experience apparently are relative in your mind.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see dragons... just saying ^^
    Packs.. of dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Tbh, I'll never EVER understand why people glorify Legion that much.

Imo, it was 1 of the worst exps. It's the point where it all went EXTREMELY downhill.

borrowed power grinds
    rng legendary items
    COMPELTELY ruined pvp
    completely ruined professions (crafting especially)
    community boosting shit-fest came live in that expansion
    removed pvp/pve vendors
    introduced countless ilvls per patch (from 2 'tier sets' per patch, up to 4+ )
    DESTROYED/homogenized classes.....

etc, etc, etc...
    Everything worked pretty well during Legion and in the context of Legion. The problem was, the transition to BfA was badly done and that's why the first months of BfA felt so terrible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Tbh, I'll never EVER understand why people glorify Legion that much.

Imo, it was 1 of the worst exps. It's the point where it all went EXTREMELY downhill.

borrowed power grinds
    rng legendary items
    COMPELTELY ruined pvp
    completely ruined professions (crafting especially)
    community boosting shit-fest came live in that expansion
    removed pvp/pve vendors
    introduced countless ilvls per patch (from 2 'tier sets' per patch, up to 4+ )
    DESTROYED/homogenized classes.....

etc, etc, etc...
    Well, and I will never understand people shitting on Legion, especially after WoD. And ESPECIALLY when they say M+ is a bad feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think Legion was THAT bad, but it was shat on despite what MMO-Champion forums have you believe.
    The majority of early Legion hate I saw was from people who just couldn't/didn't want to accept game is improving after WoD and were trying so hard slander it for others. If next expansion greatly improves the game, then I expect same shit going on, just more of it.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-12-20 at 07:26 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

SL does indeed have the worst art design and overall aesthetic in the history of the franchise, as well as having the blandest and most recycled content - choreghast, maw, korthia (maw 2.0).
    hopefully the dragon pack art is indicative of the next xpac's art design, will be very refreshing

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    SL does indeed have the worst art design and overall aesthetic in the history of the franchise, as well as having the blandest and most recycled content - choreghast, maw, korthia (maw 2.0).
    hopefully the dragon pack art is indicative of the next xpac's art design, will be very refreshing
    You´ve got to be kidding right now.

Probably, everyone agrees that this has the best looking art and gear WoW might have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

Probably, everyone agrees that this has the best looking art and gear WoW might have ever seen.
    Art? Maybe. Gear? No way.

And while the art is usually praised, many players criticize that it's not Warcraft - and there I agree. While Shadowlands has a beautiful art style, it's as far away from Warcraft as it could be.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

And while the art is usually praised, many players criticize that it's not Warcraft - and there I agree. While Shadowlands has a beautiful art style, it's as far away from Warcraft as it could be.
    …What? Why?

7+ Year Old Account

What's wrong with Nathria crusader plate set, or plague doctor cloth? Or Sauron-like gear from SoD? Aren't they "wow-like"? Is this the case of "final tier is shit, therefore everything is"? Also, "this is not Warcraft" was always a moot point, since things change and evolve and SL was by design supposed to feel alien.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-12-20 at 10:20 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I mean, I'm sure the art designers are talented and all, but the entire art 'direction' this xpac is v unappealing imo. Oribos/Maw aesthetics are terrible

Shadowlands' aesthetic and art design is beatifiul.

but...bastion is blue skyhold, ardenweald is purple valshara, maldraxxus is green naxxramas, revendreth is red gilneas, maw is hellish icecrown citadel, and oribos is floating titanic city. Nothing new.

I don't see it.

The zones, if anything, are too close to original zones as-is. For a completely different plane of (un)existence it is remarkably normal to Warcraft's aesthetic.

Technically, perhaps. But I don't appreciate the aesthetic at all, even if it is expertly crafted. In a word, I ironically find the current art to be completely soulless.

10+ Year Old Account
    This "NOt warcraft" is basically Anything that didn't spawn WCIII is somehow bad. People miss the point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This "NOt warcraft" is basically Anything that didn't spawn WCIII is somehow bad. People miss the point.
    Yeah. Agreed.
    Anything new is not "warcraft". Only retreading pre established lore and locations seems to be "warcraft".
    It's just regular aversion to change. Pandaria rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah. Agreed.
    Anything new is not "warcraft". Only retreading pre established lore and locations seems to be "warcraft".
    It's just regular aversion to change. Pandaria rings a bell.
    Anyone who likes Bluether should be instantly disregarded for their opinion on anything Warcraft-related.

This "NOt warcraft" is basically Anything that didn't spawn WCIII
    Close, but not quite.

Anything not thought up by Metzen is not Warcraft. Metzen created the world. Danuser hollowed it out and is wearing its skin as a trophy.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2021-12-20 at 02:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Close, but not quite.

Anything not thought up by Metzen is not Warcraft. Metzen created the world. Danuser hollowed it out and is wearing its skin as a trophy.
    That would maybe hold truth, if it was Chris Metzen's World of Warcraft. But it's just World of Warcraft.

Anyone who likes Bluether should be instantly disregarded for their opinion on anything Warcraft-related.
    Wow, what a compelling argument to make from someone who likes WoD. Look I can do it too!

"Anyone who likes time travelling story should be instantly disregarded for their opinion on anything Warcraft-related.", next you are going to say that "Draenor is free!!!" is peak writing?
    Last edited by Nask; 2021-12-20 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    …What? Why?
    It's because they're going into a cosmic/alien aesthetic which is a departure from the high fantasy aesthetic that we're used to. So yeah, it looks good, but it doesn't look like Warcraft. It's part of the reason why Bastion was people's least favorite zone in Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's because they're going into a cosmic/alien aesthetic which is a departure from the high fantasy aesthetic that we're used to. So yeah, it looks good, but it doesn't look like Warcraft.
    Casual reminder we had a sci-fi space zone in BC, where goblins wanted to shoot a rocket into Nether, where we raided a literall space ship, and where part of that ship crash landed on Azeroth and brought us a new, space traveling race. Just becasue you don't like the theme it does not mean it's not WoW.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-12-20 at 03:01 PM.