Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Assumption? No. Possibility? Definetely.

Look at WoD - it seemed like Grom Hellscream was going to be the final boss and yet we got Archimonde. Legion? Kil'jaeden or Sargeras were natural picks, but we got Argus. Battle for Azeroth? Half way through shifted to focus on the void with N'zoth as the main villain. It's entirely possible that they pull something like this again with Shadowlands, resulting in us beating the Jailer in 9.2 and having to deal with something else in 9.3.
    We were already confirmed Zovaal is the final boss however, and it seems he very much claims the last sigil in the Sanctum raid, hence why we need the new sigils to begin with and possibly Elune plus the Pantheon of Life also.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    bro
    tyrande the archer strangling sylvanas...while she has daggers at her side
    strangling her
    not using the daggers
    love plot armor

this is like the last jedi with the guard that was fighting rey and only used one knife while the other hand with a knife was just chilling
    And then her Elune powers going away is the equivalent of the guard's other blade being edited out in the middle of a shot in TLJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    And then her Elune powers going away is the equivalent of the guard's other blade being edited out in the middle of a shot in TLJ.
    Her powers going away worked similar to Goku losing Ultra Instinct against Jiren tbh.

I don't think Tyrande was trying to strangle Sylvanas so much as rip her head off.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    When can we start expecting news on 10.0, blizzcon 2022?

We should be into 9.2 by then, no?

I guess we'll wrap up big blue man in 9.3 in about a year.
    Blizzard is doing online event as well early 2022. Since I doubt anyone plan to skip regular Blizzcon next year, only reason to do separate event is expansion reveal, it's only big thing that couldn't wait to November.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    We were already confirmed Zovaal is the final boss
    They also confirmed Grom Hellscream as the final boss of WoD and we all know how that turned out: https://www.wowhead.com/news/final-b...-a-ring-242537

All I'm saying is that plans can change during development and while at the moment everything points towards the Jailer being the main villain of Shadowlands, it's not impossible that in the end Blizzard chooses to go with someone else. I can agree that it probably won't happen, but I'm not dismissing that it could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    They also confirmed Grom Hellscream as the final boss of WoD and we all know how that turned out: https://www.wowhead.com/news/final-b...-a-ring-242537

All I'm saying is that plans can change during development and while at the moment everything points towards the Jailer being the main villain of Shadowlands, it's not impossible that in the end Blizzard chooses to go with someone else. I can agree that it probably won't happen, but I'm not dismissing that it could.
    They already talked about not wanting to do the twist villain shit with Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    They already talked about not wanting to do the twist villain shit with Zovaal.
    Yeah, you're right, Blizzard always does exactly what they said they want to do /s

Sarcasm aside - look, the whole point of changing your plans is that at some points these plans had to be different than what you end up going with. I believe that they were honest about wanting the Jailer to be the final villain of Shadowlands and I can agree that so far there's nothing pointing towards that changing. But unlike you, I'm simply not dismissing the possibility that it could, even if it's a very minor one.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-06-30 at 06:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    bro
    strangling her
    not using the daggers
    love plot armor

this is like the last jedi with the guard that was fighting rey and only used one knife while the other hand with a knife was just chilling
    Pretty sure she was trying to rip her head off, just like she decapitated Nathanos.
    And Sylvanas lost the daggers.

Formerly known as Arafal

I would argue that the thing about Zovaal being the final villain is that the final villain is not necessarily the same as the final boss.

Legion for instance had Argus as the final boss, but I would argue that really the final villain was Sargeras. He is afterall the one directly responsible for not just the bosses in the raid, but specifically the one that makes Argus fight us.
    WoD as well I would argue that Archimonde was only the final boss, the final villain was Gul'dan.

WoD was a pretty clear cut case where the final villain changed during development, but it at least took the time to concisely show the moment the final villain went from being Grom to Gul'dan in a cutscene.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

so After sylvanas separated from Nathanos, she didn't know what happened to Nathanos?

The separation between sylvanas and Nathanos is very strange, aren’t they a romantic relationship? I mean Nathanos helped sylvanas do a lot of things, why did she abandon him only because of a failed assassination mission?

Quote Originally Posted by YYDelive View Post
    so After sylvanas separated from Nathanos, she didn't know what happened to Nathanos?

The separation between sylvanas and Nathanos is very strange, aren’t they a romantic relationship? I mean Nathanos helped sylvanas do a lot of things, why did she abandon him only because of a failed assassination mission?
    It is extremely odd. It seems almost entirely done to facilitate Sylvanas' redemption.

I mean honestly, what else could the intended endgame be? Sylvanas didnt think Nathanos would die? That the people of Azeroth would just lie down and wait for Sylvanas to do her thing and leave Nathanos alone until whatever nebulous part of her plan happened?

All in all, like so much in Shadowlands it just makes Sylvanas come off as beyond hte pale stupid. And though it certainly makes it easier ot buy her redemption if she was genuinely tricked by the Jailer, it is still quite the stretch to assume that Sylvanas is that profoundly thick that she looked at the giant blue man commanding hellish legions of the damned in a grand crusade to end all creation and figured this guy was on the up and up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is extremely odd. It seems almost entirely done to facilitate Sylvanas' redemption.

I mean honestly, what else could the intended endgame be? Sylvanas didnt think Nathanos would die? That the people of Azeroth would just lie down and wait for Sylvanas to do her thing and leave Nathanos alone until whatever nebulous part of her plan happened?

All in all, like so much in Shadowlands it just makes Sylvanas come off as beyond hte pale stupid. And though it certainly makes it easier ot buy her redemption if she was genuinely tricked by the Jailer, it is still quite the stretch to assume that Sylvanas is that profoundly thick that she looked at the giant blue man commanding hellish legions of the damned in a grand crusade to end all creation and figured this guy was on the up and up.

Both Sylvanas and Nathanos know that they are already famous villains in Azeroth. Make me feel like Sylvanas deliberately directs all his attention to Nathanos. Sylvanas also clearly understands that if Nathanos is alone, he will be chased by the Alliance and the Horde.

I guess Nathanos's soul is imprisoned in torghast, maybe he will be seen in the plot in the future?
    Last edited by YYDelive; 2021-06-30 at 09:27 AM.

bro
    strangling her
    not using the daggers
    love plot armor

Im really curious what the plan is though? I mean, Tyrande kills sylvanas... then...

Jailor: "Shouldnt you be in Ardenweald?"
    Sylvanas: "oh yeah, thats pretty much finished. I bumped into Tyrande and she gave me a port back".

If we get an intermission patch before facing the Jailer then I'm sure it will be something related to Elune and finding out why she didn't kept giving Tyrande "unlimited powa".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ippollite View Post
    Im really curious what the plan is though? I mean, Tyrande kills sylvanas... then...

Jailor: "Shouldnt you be in Ardenweald?"
    Sylvanas: "oh yeah, thats pretty much finished. I bumped into Tyrande and she gave me a port back".
    That is not how it works. Souls get dragged into the shadowlands by Kyrians and fed into the slotmachinearbiter. She dying as a "living" being in ardenweald would mean nothing, unless someone comes along and claims her soul to drag it back to the Maw/Jailer. While this would have surely happened, again, because plot armor, it would have been at least a somewhat tangible win for Tyrande though. Her just running off means nothing changed, only Tyrande is worse off now while Sylvanas is still untouched. This isn't even a pyrric victory, which is a common and valuable lesson in a narrative, it's just flat out losing while getting bullied by the winner in Tyrande's case.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-07-01 at 01:28 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pretty sure she was trying to rip her head off, just like she decapitated Nathanos.
    tyrande has them

7+ Year Old Account
    tyrande has them
    oh, you meant the daggers on her waist.
    I only just now noticed them.

This is indeed very fucking dumb.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tyrande also has the excuse of having a rather serious case of brash hothead who runs into fights without thinking.

The whole search for Fatescribe Roh-Kalo questline, on the other hand... what kind of retard do they take the Mawwalker to be? I figured out that something was up before i even got through the first quest. That spy isn't even trying to stay in character.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thik more and more that the next patch is the last one. There is just nothing building up in the background except the main story with the old gang (anduin, slyv, tyrande, mr. baldy). There is nothing like "warbringers: azshara" hanging all over the place all the time with Azshara (one patch) and nzoth (another patch). There is nothing - what the hell should 9.3 be?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

"And now for something completely different for 9.2: The Dragon Isles! Because Argusing Nazjatar just wasn't enough!"
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton