Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Pretty much monkeys and typewriters. Thousands of people spamming commands eventually hit the requirements to finish a Pokemon game. Some monkey at the right time with the right typewriter found it and happened to frequent this thread.
    Didn't realize leak-finders were thorough and numerous enough to accomplish that.

Yeah it seems like the most plausible is just that every "leak" name was tried until someone found this one. I don't believe the leak is real, but based on possible themes and story of the next expansion, it's not that impossible to guess the name among the dozens of fake leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Didn't realize leak-finders were thorough and numerous enough to accomplish that.
    We're all so fucking bored.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    We're all so fucking bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It was added in BfA, though.
    Oh well it's pretty ugly. It is lower rea than some tbc gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the name in the URL is completely irrelevant since the .js file is the same regardless of where you go. You can go to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/corgis-unleashed and it's still there... This has nothing to do with brute-forcing or "guessing" the name.

Whoever discovered it first simply had the sense to Ctrl + F for "dragon" when they were looking at the file.

A part of me does suspect that this could be a Muffinus-flavored late April Fool's prank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's not that hidden once you know. You don't have to go to https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/dragonflight specifically, any https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/thing also has that same reference.

So it's really opening any random page in that site and opening one of the, like, 20 URLs that are in there (and it's just the third from the top).
    And then either Ctrl+F Dragon, or just scroll down until you see non-obfuscated code.

The file loads on the home page too, URL is irrelevant, it loads everywhere, even on 404 pages.

5+ Year Old Account
    The only downside to getting a Dragon Class (if we do) is that Demon-Hunters already laid claim to wings and gliding/arial-combat which means it probably wouldn't include those elements.

Because of that reason I think I'd prefer a Dragon race that has gliding/double-jumping as a racial passive.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

1+ Year Old Account
    With the discovery that the file loads pretty much anywhere...

Some programmer really, REALLY messed up or they thought that no one would be thorough enough to find it.

Either way, I pray for their job.

I did the same steps and I found the dragonflight stuff. But, I will wait for somebody here who can say if it is meaningful or a placeholder name.

---------------
    Didn't we get another leak yesterday talking about a first clue? Saying something about floating islands and going up and down. The Dragonflight leak matches yesterday's "leak" https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-clue-is-here!
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-04-03 at 12:11 AM.

Though I don't particularly believe the leak that was posted on here with that name, I gotta say that I wouldn't mind a lot of it!
    Lordaeron revamped. Dark rangers, necromancer, warden class skin, 4 single spec classes like tinker, minstrel(basically bard), dragon knight, chronomancer.
    Dragon Isles, Undermine, I'd be alright with that.

Has this been posted already? Given the name leak today

i. imgur. com / 8gDXTep.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    I don't know anything about coding but this actually seems kind of suspect to me. Makes me wonder if it was put there deliberately for us to find, you know? Blizzard could just be pranking us.

But also maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    That's still brute forcing. It doesnt mean some hackerman nonsense just literally throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.
    It's literally embedded on the 10th line of the official WoW site. This is far from bruteforcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post

Some programmer really, REALLY messed up or they thought that no one would be thorough enough to find it.

Either way, I pray for their job.
    I don't think it is that bad. Like it is bad. But we already kind of knew it would be dragons and it doesn't tell us anything more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmatt110 View Post

First time I'm seeing this, but that logo looks really wonky. Also, why is this guy/girl who took the photo pasting the same poster like three times on their wall? What.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-03 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmatt110 View Post

i. imgur. com / 8gDXTep.jpg

No idea what to make of this but I never considered myself a smart man anyway.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2022-04-03 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I did the same steps and I found the dragonflight stuff. But, I will wait somebody here who can say if it is meaningful or a placeholder name.
    If I were to put a placeholder name that I know I'll have to replace with the real thing eventually, I wouldn't write it directly in the code, I'd load it from a config file.

That way, if I use that placeholder in ten different files, when it's time to replace it with the real thing, I only have to change it in the single config file.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't know anything about coding but this actually seems kind of suspect to me. Makes me wonder if it was put there deliberately for us to find, you know? Blizzard could just be pranking us.

But also maybe not.
    I'm thinking it's either a case of them preparing the site for the preorder buttons and just forgetting to hide it well, or they specifically put it there to generate hype. That happens all the time.