Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Eh Dragons without Wings is pretty much the standard these days. Even D&D pretty much stripped wings off their Dragon race.
    Which is why Blizz would pressure the genre with an actual playable race with wings, even if it means discarding armor.

This smells very similar to what they did with Belves in TBC: a big fantasy shakeup.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Like skyrim or what?
    Dungeons and dragons

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think there will be a difference in Male/Female.

Just look at Vulpera to see the future of WoW sexes. and even more convenient for Blizz, you can hide the lady-bits and lord-bits with a cloaca flap instead of undergarment.

I'd bet if these are real, Male/Female will be identical, THAT ONE is -IT-.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Btw is there a reason the picture is zoomed in and cut right in the middle where we wouldn't see the rest of the interface and icons/sliders? Gives me some hope this is still fake:

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My personal assumption is that, if this DragonGirl isn't just an Evoker class thing, it's an actual new race with toggleable forms that work differently from Worgen.

You can choose when to shapeshift and when it activates. However you can't fly outside of Dragonform, which lets you fly with your wings.

They HAVE to let players wear armor, and if the dragonform is not equipped for armor (could be an alpha thing) then you will be able to play as your disguise form in combat.
    I think if it was part of the evoker class like meta DH, it wouldn't be showing it being customizable like worgen are. DH can't customize their meta form after all.

Also, they may have simply implemented an armor on/armor off thing in the customization window, kind of like FF14 has, and they have armor toggled off for the drake form and armor toggled on for the "two forms" alternate race form.

Which is why Blizz would pressure the genre with an actual playable race with wings, even if it means discarding armor.

This smells very similar to what they did with Belves in TBC: a big fantasy shakeup.
    I mean, EQ2 has winged races so it's not that much of a shake up

Quote Originally Posted by KurtMash View Post
    Be careful what you wish for
    --longboirace--
    Please no, I'll subconciously be chasing these around capital cities each time I see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    [IMG]

It'll be really sad if an ancient game like Everquest can come up with a better concept for a dragon-esq race.
    Those pants are so ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    You guys are kidding yourselves if you think there will be a difference in Male/Female.

Just look at Vulpera to see the future of WoW sexes. and even more convenient for Blizz, you can hide the lady-bits and lord-bits with a cloaca instead of undergarment.

I'd bet if these are real, Male/Female will be identical, THAT ONE is -IT-.
    This race is already a big shakeup in that it doesn't have fat tits and a giant ass. It looks relatively sexless, just slim and skinny. Vulpera get away with it because they are just small: Goblins are comedic and so of course their women have a cartoonish hourglass.

Gnomes also have a pretty sexless dimorphism.

There's gonna be a guy version, and it's gonna be muscular.

If it's real, which it looks real to me, my guess is there is no male/female model, just one model and you only pick the gender of your mammalian humanoid form. It'd fit the lore they gave Chromie. Also guessing given how inhuman that race looks that it's 100% tied to the class (like they should have done with worgen). I can't see that dragon incapable of wearing armor but also picking up a gun and taming rabbits.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Please no, I'll subconciously be chasing these around capital cities each time I see one.
    Nahh.

What you should do is make one yourself and then chase another one around. Start a Mammoth Train, but with long boyes.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely using the old character creation, based on the framing.

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    If it's real, which it looks real to me, my guess is there is no male/female model, just one model and you only pick the gender of your mammalian humanoid form. It'd fit the lore they gave Chromie. Also guessing given how inhuman that race looks that it's 100% tied to the class (like they should have done with worgen). I can't see that dragon incapable of wearing armor but also picking up a gun and taming rabbits.
    I think it's going to be a male and woman form but they can pick what the disguise race gender is. Perfect way to be inclusive while mirroring chromie: sex is real, but magic lets them change gender.

They should have just made the dragon form be a racial mount ability, and actually look like a legitimate dragon that we've seen in WoW instead of whatever this hybrid monstrosity is.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Absolutely. That's a Worgen Female screenshot with a Metamorphosis reskin as the model shown. The ability screenshot has the shadows going the entire wrong way on the dragon with the ability not even in the same zip code as where the dragon would attack with it. The talent screen looks cool, but there isn't a real rhyme or reason to the layout displayed, so it's hard to know what talents you are actually getting if any.

I'd like to believe, but this just ain't it from what I can tell. Which means tomorrow will be much more of an exciting surprise.
    Keeping the model aside (for my sanity), what's the reason of a talent tree split between base class and spec? Just to make things more difficult for no better reason?
    Anyway I'd like to point out the xpack will realese this november and SL season 4 is cancelled and Blizz is using it to test waters...
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2022-04-18 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    That would be hugely disappointing, so I can see blizz doing it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Out of curiosity is the armor to the right new or recycled?

The chest piece looks a lot like ravencrest's armor with the sleeves cut off, with one of the wotlk shirts underneath.
    Bottom looks like the night fae cosmetic set.

This is 100% from a private server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Deventh's mention of the Covenant Allied Race/Race Change I think it's interesting to see new achievements added to the 9.2.5 PTR for Renown, Covenants and Sanctum related achievements and mentions many things being held back from the PTR.

https://imgur.com/90m3tYw - Deventh post (from 10.0 Leak Speculation Chart)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true, Allied Races were popular in BFA and there's been many calls for Allied Races of Covenant Races, mainly Venthyr/Kyrian and with the boundaries between factions less of a focus going forwards I don't see why it's impossible.

We'll see soon enough I guess, but I feel Deventh/Scaleface know more than we do.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Be a longboi and use a triceratops mount and no one will ever know
    Longboys with the Auction House mount with Potion of Giant Strength activated.

It would be the second Cataclysm.

If anything I hope those talent trees are real. I don't care if they are cookie cutter for the 1% that raids Mythic. I don't care about that. I just want it to feel like an RPG.