7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    The logo looks great, I was at first wondering why it is missing the trademark in the upper right of the Dragonflight text but it seems Blizz is not consistent with these.

TBC, MoP and WoD had a TM in their logo, and Wotlk, Cata and Legion didn't have a TM.
    It could also just not be visible because its a basic white font.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It seems like it's not a manipulation. It's a new image and the shadows all line up between the armor and the body. Unless the original creator of the model had an armored version on standby (which is admittedly possible, since it seems to be structured like an NPC model going off the wings and it may have only been naked in the other two because it was a showcase of the model itself as opposed to options), Occam's Razor dictates this is real.

I think what happened is that Scaleface and the other guy are both working off secondhand information. One has already been established to use distorted versions of secondhand information based on his misunderstandings of what was presented and his attempts to piece together sparse information, whereas the other has no history at all with anyone in Blizzard that we know of. I think the reason for the contradictions could be their own, respective readings of the already-distorted information that would be presented by a secondhand source.
    Ahh okay, thanks. This one looks a bit more ahead in development.
    Honestly Scaleface's story doesn't add up. I think part of it is story to season his second hand info. Like the trio of photos his friend leaked are like pre-alpha footage yet he still says the release will be november. Also he is supposedly with the press, but what he has are random pics that don't look press ready. Ughh.

Anyroad we have pictures of the race, the talent tree and perhaps two shots of the cinematic (the Garrosh and Lexie one, and the other blurry shit that is likely from Elden Ring). Oh and the Lexie poster with the logo. So either this is a very ellaborate fake, or everything gets leaked a few hours in advance again.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Since the regular races totally have no clipping.
    I'd say humans have minimal clipping. It's only really bad with shoulders/shields/capes and with shoulders on just one side I just wear no shoulder armor on my shield side.
    The elf races and Zandalari have clipping but not a crazy ammount as do upright orcs.

And then the crouched races and the small races . . .

I am not saying it's as good as it could be for any race. But it is definitely much worse for crouched and small races than for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    Actually, if it turns out Scaleface is legit, who I really didn't believe until today, then I think the name Evoker ties in well with my theory that the new class and race are exclusive to one another. A Dragonsworn would only make sense for humanoids. If a dragon was using dragon powers, they're not a dragonsworn, they're something else.
    That could make sense, I suppose. It still seems odd to imagine, though, since I figure that it's not at all out of character for a Draconic-descended humanoid race to swear fealty to a Dragon.

I seriously hope if any Blizzard employees are here, you all get joy out of us finding the extremely small details like the new R in the updated logo, or us obsessing over every single small thing that leaks, every detail matters

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankystein View Post
    Correction, we have a lot more leaked pictures. This last one is really good. Reminds me of Guilin.

I'm certainly convinced the logo is real, given it does match up perfectly with the leaked printing press image.
    It looks genuinely good and meaningfully different in color scheme and style from the previous ones without being a pink/orange eyesore.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    This looks significantly less shit. What wonders putting some clothes on can do for a horrible body.
    Admittedly, I still think it looks almost too good and consistent—it almost looks more like the Arakkoa or the Mantid in that it seems like models made to be attached to this model, as opposed to independently-designed armor. If it's not Heritage Armor, I think that may be a boss model or it's like Vulpera and Nightborne and they have both NPC and playable models, the former of which have attachables for armor and the latter of which have actual armor.

Really like the cinematic pictures. Gives a very different feel from previous expansions imo. Hoping that the wildly different logo with the new font and invisible bar, the new art style used for the new race, and the like are all a sign that 10.0 will be very different.

Excited if we get dragon people, but it saddens me that ogres are not a playable race.

See you all later!
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-04-19 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So it's kinda weird.

Did you see that leak of the Druid Talents + Restoration Talents?

That's been posted in different ways 3 times now, plus a 4th that seems to mention it in text.

So.... I guess the race is looking pretty suspiciously right?

But that doesn't confirm any of the Dracthyr or Evoker stuff, merely the person who leaked that also backed up the Druid Talents as legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The race character creation screenshots use a mixture of existing creature's textures copy/pasted. It's fake.
    Thx for the info, guys, much appreciated.
    Those dragon things look fake to me and I cannot imagine something like this as a race, which doesn't mean it's impossible. I wouldn't mind something like this, the evidence is just not strong enough in my eyes.
    Also, I'm german and Dracthyr just doesn't roll well of the tongue...same with Venthyr for us. Most people call them "Ventir" and Dracthyr would be "Draktir". Don't know, sounds weird to me, but that's another problem and definitely no point against a dragon race.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Chungus View Post
    I wonder if the preorder will include the race, the class, or both as an early unlock? I wouldn't mind taking my dracthyr evoker through sepulcher while waiting for 10.0 to drop.
    This 10/10

Admittedly, I still think it looks almost too good and consistent—it almost looks more like the Arakkoa or the Mantid in that it seems like models made to be attached to this model, as opposed to independently-designed armor. If it's not Heritage Armor, I think that may be a boss model or it's like Vulpera and Nightborne and they have both NPC and playable models, the former of which have attachables for armor and the latter of which have actual armor.
    Arakkoa was my first thought as well. I'm unconvinced that this is a new animation rig, mind and the way it's attached is very similar to how it was to them. I'm thinking that we're in for a Nightborne situation where there's NPC and PC versions, with the latter being cursed.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the general atmposphere of those cinematic shots reminds me a lot more of WC3 and the vanilla WoW shots than anything we've had recently. Really hope that is something they are actively working towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Ahh okay, thanks. This one looks a bit more ahead in development.
    Honestly Scaleface's story doesn't add up. I think part of it is story to season his second hand info. Like the trio of photos his friend leaked are like pre-alpha footage yet he still says the release will be november. Also he is supposedly with the press, but what he has are random pics that don't look press ready. Ughh.

Anyroad we have pictures of the race, the talent tree and perhaps two shots of the cinematic (the Garrosh and Lexie one, and the other blurry shit that is likely from Elden Ring). Oh and the Lexie poster with the logo. So either this is a very ellaborate fake, or everything gets leaked a few hours in advance again.
    If I were to guess, going off the trees in the background, there are two possibilities.

1. There are Orcs on the Dragon Isles, and Lexie brought them there back in the Second War. There is going to be a whole bunch of Dragonmaw who have possibly conquered at least one zone and may even be major or main antagonists. Feels unlikely to think the latter, but it could be interesting to imagine that they were brought there. This would make sense with architecture I don't think we've seen much of before (though it still feels very familiar to me—it almost looks like Legion leveling armor, actually, which suggests this could be some kind of Elven territory?).

2. It's just a flashback to Lexie being brought to Quel'Thalas for some reason. The leaves line up, and the timeline makes sense, but I don't think she was ever brought there in canon and the architecture doesn't look Blood Elven.

Consequently, I'm thinking we may see Dragonmaw villains on the Dragon Isles.

I'm kind of disappointed with the race, but buy it a bit more with the armor. As for the talents, I'm very excited to see if that's any good or just some generic upgrade on borrowed power. It seems like it's all about leveling and adventuring, though, so it'll be an improvement either way to the endless world quests and dailies.

I want a Black Dragonflight tank, a Blue Dragonflight spellblade melee/caster hybrid DPS & a Bronze Dragonflight healer.

No idea if we'll get dragonflight themed specs though. Thematically would that even work for one character to fall under multiple dragonflights? Seems a little wrong.

Arakkoa was my first thought as well. I'm unconvinced that this is a new animation rig, mind and the way it's attached is very similar to how it was to them. I'm thinking that we're in for a Nightborne situation where there's NPC and PC versions, with the latter being cursed.
    Precisely my idea. It would also explain why the wings clipped through the chest. For a normal player race, that would be pretty inexcusable, but I do think that maybe the NPC model had the wings as composite meshes and the player race has them as part of the overall model. Perhaps the NPC model was being temporarily used in place of the player model? That would also explain why it is naked in the character creation screen.

The logo, real or fake, looks pretty good.

If Evoker is real, I'll need to know what spices are best when serving crow, since I'll be eating plenty while I prepare to shill for Tinkers as promised.
    It's dark meat poultry, treat it like a chicken thigh or duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    a Blue Dragonflight spellblade melee/caster hybrid DPS
    So long as it doesn't play like a Red Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Thx for the info, guys, much appreciated.
    Those dragon things look fake to me and I cannot imagine something like this as a race, which doesn't mean it's impossible. I wouldn't mind something like this, the evidence is just not strong enough in my eyes.
    Also, I'm german and Dracthyr just doesn't roll well of the tongue...same with Venthyr for us. Most people call them "Ventir" and Dracthyr would be "Draktir". Don't know, sounds weird to me, but that's another problem and definitely no point against a dragon race.
    I suppose that's just the issues of English language companies naming things for people in Central Europe. Certain phonetics just don't carry over. What do the voice actors call them in the German version, by-the-bye? Do they just break a phonetic rule, or do they adapt it to the usual German phonetics and say "Ventir"?

- - - Updated - - -

If Evoker is real, I'll need to know what spices are best when serving crow, since I'll be eating plenty while I prepare to shill for Tinkers as promised.
    Agreed. I was a skeptic of the race, as well. This whole thing smelled of fish, but I suppose the evidence is starting to mount. I probably should've seen it as soon as the talent stuff started to multiply, since it seems inseparable from the race and class from the same leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's dark meat poultry, treat it like a chicken thigh or duck.
    I was just going to eat mine whole, feathers and all.