Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    That shouldn't be an issue though. More choice is good. Just because other tank classes have been introduced, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be introduced in future.
    More choice is good but I think Tanks have enough hero choices, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I'm really getting tired of you constantly immediately trying to create very static and rigid rules about the games design.
    They’re Blizzard’s rules, not mine.

You insist and impose these arbitrary objective rules and argue them down constantly to everyone, and then as soon as you're made wrong by Blizzard, you just pivot around to adjusting to do it again instead of just accepting the games fantasy, world and design are very fluid.

You're the same person who a week ago was adamant Evoker couldn't be a class and couldn't ever be the name of the class.
    Yeah, a Mage clone with a Chronomancer spec that was going to do to mages what Demon Hunters did to Warlocks. However, that isn’t what happened.

If someone had said the Evoker was prismatic draconic power class tied exclusively to a dragon race and incorporate the draconic abilities of HotS and the five dragonflights, I would have been more on board.

That shouldn't be an issue though. More choice is good. Just because other tank classes have been introduced, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be introduced in future.
    Not always. Why would you have Night Elf Warlocks and just mess with the lore even more? Or Draenei Warlocks... Might aswell just introduce Eredar instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    More choice is good but I think Tanks have enough hero choices, don't you?
    But what is the issue with having more? As I said more choice is good.

What you said isn't really a worthwhile argument because what it amounts to is pretty much "they have more than k do, that isn't fair."

If a a healing and Ranged spec have been introduced like people have been asking, why is a tank/melee spec to go a long with that unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

They straight up said that nefarian was obsessed with mixing the dragonflight powers because his father was never able to, he tried with anything not just whelps, like drakonids and drakeadons

Now they are saying his fathe did, mix then, perfectly, and, on top of that, forgot how to do it again.
    Who is “they”?

And if he forgot, or was unable to replicate his previous success, what does that change? Functionally within the story? Beyond “they said this now they say that”? Because getting more context is not a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Not always. Why would you have Night Elf Warlocks and just mess with the lore even more? Or Draenei Warlocks... Might aswell just introduce Eredar instead.
    I don't see why that's relevant to having a third spec for Evokers as tank/melee.

However, I do think all race/class combos should open up at this point because who really cares? They can lore justify them pretty trivially too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more excited if that playable version included a tank or melee spec which included iconic dragon abilities like tail sweeps, wing buffets and conal breath attacks.

Blizzard have missed a trick by making it Ranged and Healer only. I want to play a dragon/dracthyr. Healing is a no for me. And I've only ever liked one Ranged spec.
    The problem is that once you incorporate concepts like aerial attacks, strafing, wing attacks that knock targets back, and other abilities, it becomes very difficult to navigate a melee spec. It’s kind of lame to be standing there clawing and biting a target, while your ranged brethren are zipping over your head roasting the battlefield with flames from above.

But what is the issue with having more? As I said more choice is good.

What you said isn't really a worthwhile argument because what it amounts to is pretty much "they have more than k do, that isn't fair."

If a a healing and Ranged spec have been introduced like people have been asking, why is a tank/melee spec to go a long with that unfair?
    Never said it was unfair, im just glad they're not catering to the tanks demands anymore, you've had 3 Tanks in the past it's time for more roles to get some love.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He was not able to mix then.

And, this isn't a bastardized version, this is a superior and awesome version, they are perfect super soldiers, that he just ditch it out and forgot about then entirely

- - - Updated - - -

They straight up said that nefarian was obsessed with mixing the dragonflight powers because his father was never able to, he tried with anything not just whelps, like drakonids and drakeadons

Now they are saying his fathe did, mix then, perfectly, and, on top of that, forgot how to do it again.
    This is sort of how I’m expecting the Dracthyr story to go.

1. The Dracthyr were created to be moreso like the Drakonids and not full on Chromatic Dragons. They’re able to call upon the magic of all the dragonflights but to a lesser extent like Mortals.
    For example they’re not able to use bronze magic to jump across the timeways, just ‘minor’ bronze magic like speeding up wounds for healing or a bloodlust/time warp.

2. Slight retcon to the chromatic dragons backstory. Probably will have the Dracthyr be the inspiration behind the Chromatic Dragonflight.
    2a. They were an “accidental situational success” that Nefarian/Deathwing were having trouble recreating.

2b. They wanted to expand upon the concept behind the Dracthyr but wanted them to be actually as powerful as the dragons. (Able to hope through the timeways as an example)

2c. They were hidden along with the Dragon Isles and since the isles were hidden even from the eyes of the dragons, Deathwing/Nefarian looked for but couldn’t find the Dracthyr. (Which if they had, could’ve resulted in a more complete Chromatic Dragonflight)

Also worth noting too that Nefarian/Deathwing were successful in creating a fully fledged chromatic dragon, Chromatus who had to be brought to life with a surge needle by Archbishop Benedictus I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Blizzard have missed a trick by making it Ranged and Healer only. I want to play a dragon/dracthyr. Healing is a no for me. And I've only ever liked one Ranged spec.
    That's by design: They don't want everyone switching their main to Evoker. That would be awful. The other classes need to keep their appeal.

The problem is that once you incorporate concepts like aerial attacks, strafing, wing attacks that knock targets back, and other abilities, it becomes very difficult to navigate a melee spec. It’s kind of lame to be standing there clawing and biting a target, while your ranged brethren are zipping over your head roasting the battlefield with flames from above.
    Couldn't a tank spec have all of that? Wing knock backs especially? I think the only issue would be aerial attacks.

I don't see why that's relevant to having a third spec for Evokers as tank/melee.
    I was talking in general about more choices being a good thing.

However, I do think all race/class combos should open up at this point because who really cares? They can lore justify them pretty trivially too.
    If they justify them like they justified the entirety of Shadowlands then I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think you're mistaken, they said they're open to more classes like the Dracthyr: Meaning more race-exclusive classes. Imagine how stupid Dracthyr dragons would look both with a giant size-proportional shield? or alternatively, a teeny tiny shield.
    No, they were pretty clear about opening up additional classes to the dracthyr since they'll be joining the horde and alliance and learning and mingling with those races going forward.

Maybe it’s less that Neltharion failed to combine the powers of the Aspects in the Drac’thyr (he apparently succeeded to some measure there) but more that he couldn’t exert enough control over them. Whether by indoctrination, magical corruption, or other means, he couldn’t compel their individual behavior to the degree he wanted, making them not only useless as the “ideal soldiers” he sought, but a potential threat to his plans.

So he put them on ice, so to speak. It’s mentioned that the Drac’thyr zone has been “dormant” and something has caused them to “stir”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Never said it was unfair, im just glad they're not catering to the tanks demands anymore, you've had 3 Tanks in the past it's time for more roles to get some love.
    The healing and Ranged roles have been given some love this expansion with Evoker though.

I'm asking you why a third tank spec would invalidate those roles this time around? Because right now it's coming down to "Well they had more choice before" which just comes across as spite.

Evoker getting a tank spec would not diminish the healing and Ranged love.

Uh, how could a Dracthyr forgo their ability to fly, shoot flame breath, use their wings as weapons, or hit targets with their tail?

Those are Evoker abilities.

I also wish people wouldn't take what Ion said so literally from a single interview. Expanding the Dracthyr to other classes is a direct contradiction of their design of the race.
    Well those could be racial abilities.

We need to see what parts of the evoker could actually be racial abilities to the dracthyr.

Just think about it like an LFD warrior who isn't a paladin or a velf who isn't an spriest.

Honestly this whole race/class in one concept is bad news imo. Doesn't work in an MMO if you ask me.

It makes sense now since the dracthyr have been isolated for 10000 years, but now that they're joining the world it doesn't make sense that some of them aren't going to be interested in the arcane, in martial combat, in archery, in shamanism, in druidism.

I mean paladins are basically soldiers inspired from Tyr, the one guys who helped dragons become who they are today I'm helping defeat galakrond, you don't think they'd wanna honor him by becoming paladins?

And as for evokers, again they'll be interacting with the mortals races who I'm sure will be curious about the powers of an evokers.

Who's to say a counsel of dracthyr won't take it up on to themselves to empower and train a group of mortals.

But when it comes to wings and fire breath and their tails, all those could easily be made into racials.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-22 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oatmeel View Post
    Maybe it’s less that Neltharion failed to combine the powers of the Aspects in the Drac’thyr (he apparently succeeded to some measure there) but more that he couldn’t exert enough control over them.
    Or maybe he managed to imbue them with the different flights' powers, but they couldn't control all of them at once.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No, they were pretty clear about opening up additional classes to the dracthyr since they'll be joining the horde and alliance and learning and mingling with those races going forward.
    Oh that part: That sounded like "we plan on making more races Demon Hunter in the future" you know, one of Ion's lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Well those could be racial abilities.

We need to see what parts of the evoker could actually be racial abilities to the dracthyr.

Just think about it like an LFD warrior who isn't a paladin or a velf who isn't an spriest.

Honestly this who race/class in one concept is bad news imo. Doesn't work in an MMO if you ask me.
    It sounds like you just wanted them to make an entirely different class. I did too but this is what we got: you're suggesting another complete overhaul of the class & race system to undo what the one they just announced did. This is their class philosphy right now & we have to live with it. 'The purely modular role driven class to create a character with a unique personality' is dead, long live 'the extremely niche archetype with completely original yet rigid mechanics'
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-22 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't a tank spec have all of that? Wing knock backs especially? I think the only issue would be aerial attacks.
    I don’t think so. I think if you put space between you and a boss it can cause problems for a group, because your job is to stick to the boss, not keep them away from you. Knocking a boss back can also royally piss off your MDPS who have to reposition suddenly.

Same issue with MDPS, because if you’re strafing them and wind up way behind them, it’s going to take time to reestablish targeting and position.

Meanwhile, RDPS and Healers can fly all over the place and heal or deal damage without losing a step.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-22 at 06:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I doubted you and will be condemned to eat crow and shill tinkers because of it. Godspeed and here's to 11.0.
    buy anduin shirt