15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    you must be aware that if my statement is that it's like a prescribed burn and it requires destruction for new growth then some one not being destroyed and not being healed doesn't make me wrong right? it just means the process failed in this case..
    It healed him a little bit though so it didn't fail. It just wasn't strong enough to heal him all the way. So once again you are wrong.

"It was nearly as painful as it looked, but it was as if I could feel some of the corruption being burnt away from within my body."

Yesra and Alex having the same source of there powers is supported but just like all the other example's the idea that just having the same source of power gives them the same powers is unsupported as your own Twilight of the Aspects quotes prove as Alex is not bound to the dream and and do what others can not.
    So Eonar gave Alexstraza the power over life but not the ability to heal at all? Alexstraza doesn't have to be bound to the dream to have the same source of powers. That is like saying all mages have to be Titans because they draw upon Arcane power as well.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-02 at 04:38 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I healed him a little bit though so it didn't fail. It just wasn't strong enough to heal him all the way. So once again you are wrong.

"It was nearly as painful as it looked, but it was as if I could feel some of the corruption being burnt away from within my body."
    “as if I could feel” just like when you tired to use the forsaken and the light as an example feeling like you are on fire and being on fire are not the same thing.

There’s no indication that it had any actual healing effect.

So Eonar gave Alexstraza the power over life but not the ability to heal at all? Your claims are what is not supported by lore. Alexstraza doesn't have to be bound to the dream to have the same source of powers. That is like saying all mages have to be Titans because they draw upon Arcane power as well. You keep creating weird rules and logic leaps to say that lore isn't actually lore.
    the source of the power isn’t what’s in question it’s them having the same powers. In this case you are the one saying all mages are titans because there power is from the same source not me, Im saying that even though the source of power is the same that does not mean they have the same powers.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    There’s no indication that it had any actual healing effect.
    There is an indication. You are just dismissing it which is entirely different from it not actually existing. Strange, right?

the source of the power isn’t what’s in question it’s them having the same powers. In this case you are the one saying all mages are titans because there power is from the same source not me, Im saying that even though the source of power is the same that does not mean they have the same powers.
    Again. What is power over life if it doesn't include the ability to heal? I am saying all mages can use arcane magic because of the source of their magic. Just like Eonar is the source of the Red and Green flights magic. Just like the Red can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Just like the Green can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Ysera doesn't derive power from the Dream only protects it. Just as the Red protect life on Azeroth.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Venthyr females use the pixie, tiara & bangs blood elf female hairstyles. If those fit, its highly likely the reverse also works. And Venthyr hairstyles would be pretty thematically compatible with Darkfallen
    Thats actually a human hairstyle originally. The tiara s are w pieces we can get since 9.2. They are brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Any examples? Talents sound nearly done, they just want feedback and are thinking of how to best release them. Dragonriding we saw in the preview and it seems to work just fine. They clearly have the tech for soulbound crafting working. No other systems other than these. It's a lot of UI work but from what we've heard the UI designers have been working on this for a long time now. The world itself is probably fairly far along, heck even in expacs that took their sweet time on beta, the world was almost done when the alpha went live.
    Personally I also expect 2023 just early Q1 at this point. Alpha in early June, 6 months of testing.
    Sorry for my late response.

Dracthyr and especially Evoker seemed very concept-y to me. There wasn't really much to show besides some concept art and a completely underwhelming and low-quality in game demonstration of them. Animations and spell effects need a ton of work from what we saw and we didn't see much.

We haven't seen more than a few frames from the continent, there will be 8 new dungeons, yet they have announced just three.

I mean they have the concept for Dragon riding, but it doesn't seem very far along (although it's a 100% rip off of Guild Wars 2 flying - just check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tm_term=u7a8cr - don't get me wrong, GW2 mount system is excellent, so it's good that they're copyig at least the best available, but it's still a shameless copy with zero new takes or ideas). And while I think it's good that they're allowing usual flying later on, it just shows that they haven't really thought through Dragon riding at all, because they are already invalidating their work (which, let's be honest, is most likely just for Dragonflight again and gets abandoned later on).

Talent system is a massive work in process, alone due to balancing. And that we have interrupts in the spec tree is another issue they seem to not have figured out yet (we saw the Druid silence in the Balance tree) and that's something that should have been cleared the minute they came up with the "new" old talent system.

We don't have much information yet, pre-order still not available and we're stuck in quite some limbo and the announcement was two weeks ago. I expect Q1/23 not because I'm pessimistic, but because it's with all the evidence around the most likely and relatable time frame for a release. I just don't see a Q4 release as a goal they could achieve.

(I'm basing this on the only gameplay video I know of yet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQkw...orldofWarcraft)
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-05-02 at 05:11 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    There is an indication. You are just dismissing it which is entirely different from it not actually existing. Strange, right?
    and that indication would be? Him feeling like something was burned away isn’t it just like a undead feeling like they are on fire when touched by the light isn’t a indication of them actually being on fire.

Again. What is power over life if it doesn't include the ability to heal? I am saying all mages can use arcane magic because of the source of their magic. Just like Eonar is the source of the Red and Green flights magic. Just like the Red can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Just like the Green can Heal because they use Life and Nature magic. Ysera doesn't derive power from the Dream only protects it. Just as the Red protect life on Azeroth.
    that depends internally on what “life warder” is actually suppose to mean it could cover a massive range and we obviously aren’t going to agree on where that pin drops.

And saying arcane is the source so all mages can use it is not the same as saying Eonar/nature is the source so both fights have the same powers.

All of the titans use the same source of magic but that magic manifest in different ways which Leads them to having different powers. The same thing goes for the dragons Yesra doesn’t get power from the dream but the way the magic given to her by Eonar manifests is different which gives her ties to the dream that Alex does not have.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    and that indication would be? Him feeling like something was burned away isn’t it just like a undead feeling like they are on fire when touched by the light isn’t a indication of them actually being on fire.
    So you acknowledge it is an indication of something but now argue it isn't an indication of the magic working a little bit. This is how we know you are being dismissive for the sake of it. When you are presented with irrefutable proof of an indication you then move to it being an indication of something else.

All of the titans use the same source of magic but that magic manifest in different ways which Leads them to having different powers. The same thing goes for the dragons Yesra doesn’t get power from the dream but the way the magic given to her by Eonar manifests is different which gives her ties to the dream that Alex does not have.
    Eonar gave Ysera directly control over the Dream but that was not because she uses Life and Nature magic but because she was assigned that. Just as Alexstrasza was given control over life on Azoerth. Each Aspect was given a thing to protect in addition to the powers they have. I have never said both flights have the same exact powers. Only that both flights have power over Life and Nature and thus both flights can heal.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you acknowledge it is an indication of something but now argue it isn't an indication of the magic working a little bit. This is how we know you are being dismissive for the sake of it. When you are presented with irrefutable proof of an indication you then move to it being an indication of something else.
    I mean sure I guess?

I acknowledge that it indicates something was used on him even if that thing didn’t have the effect he felt just like I acknowledge the light was used on a undead who feels like they were on fire even though they weren’t on fire.

Eonar gave Ysera directly control over the Dream but that was not because she uses Life and Nature magic but because she was assigned that. Just as Alexstrasza was given control over life on Azoerth. Each Aspect was given a thing to protect in addition to the powers they have. I have never said both flights have the same exact powers. Only that both flights have power over Life and Nature and thus both flights can heal.
    wait so you think they gave her control over the dream just cause and not because she uses nature magic? What was she suppose to do if they gave her deathwings powers and assigned her to the dream throw rocks at people until they woke up?

You also did say they have the same powers because they were given the same power by Eonar, but I’m sure you’ll just hand wave that away by saying you didn’t say “exact”.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    I dont get these "there is nothing to do for solo / casual players"

They explicitly said they want to continue with the 9.2 philosophies e.g. cypher system for open world in 10.0. Thats a lot of solo content for every zone. In the asmon interview Ion said they are not happy how they catered to casual players in the last expansions to there will be a lot more to do in DF for them.
    Yeah, Ion even hinted that they would iterate on the Protoform Synthesis again. Paired with his comment about "everything with two, four or more legs will be a mount", maybe the new stables buildings in SW and Org are for that? Imagine if we could tame a base wild animal, craft a saddle and reins and use that to create mounts from open world content?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, Ion even hinted that they would iterate on the Protoform Synthesis again. Paired with his comment about "everything with two, four or more legs will be a mount", maybe the new stables buildings in SW and Org are for that? Imagine if we could tame a base wild animal, craft a saddle and reins and use that to create mounts from open world content?
    Did they not already say that the new stables are just to give a second pet trainer in Stormwind more central than the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think Protoform Synthesis is crap. Getting one of the rare lattices or finding the rare reagents for the mounts should feel exciting but it doesn't because the actual issue almost always is Genesis Motes. You need such an insane number of motes.
    That is an issue that coukd be easily fixed though. It isn't currently fixed in ZM for some reason, but it could be fixed, it isn't like there are fundamental problems with it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well that's why they should iterate on it. But the base premise of being able to tackle all the wildlive of an area and turn them into mounts is actually quite awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Did they not already say that the new stables are just to give a second pet trainer in Stormwind more central than the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an issue that coukd be easily fixed though. It isn't currently fixed in ZM for some reason, but it could be fixed, it isn't like there are fundamental problems with it.
    Oh, where? Couldn't find any infos on the new stables in the interviews ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah well that's why they should iterate on it. But the base premise of being able to tackle all the wildlive of an area and turn them into mounts is actually quite awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, where? Couldn't find any infos on the new stables in the interviews ^.^
    Think it was the very first changelog for the 9.2.5, so months back.
    Could definitely be wrong though.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account

Indeed, this current stick of just grinding until your fingers fall off is just lame.

Imo, they should've stuck with Mechagons formula and had WQs and dailies reward some motes and rare reagents.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-05-02 at 09:53 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Indeed, this current stick of just grinding until your fingers fall off is just lame.

Imo, they should've stuck stuck with Mechagons formula and had WQs and dailies reward some motes and rare reagents.
    No thanks, that would be far more worse than what we have now. I don't want to wait for a specific daily/worldquest/rare to be up just to grind a specific rare drop. Mechagon was horrible in that aspect.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, that would be far more worse than what we have now. I don't want to wait for a specific daily/worldquest/rare to be up just to grind a specific rare drop. Mechagon was horrible in that aspect.
    I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that spending hours upon hours grinding the same subzone with the same exact mobs over and over again could possibly be fun or engaging.

Formerly known as Arafal

Honestly I am going to say, the way collections have gotten in WoW is no longer satisfying to me. Getting the collectible meta achievements in TI and even Naz'jatar felt so much more fun. The number of collectibles was much smaller, yes but it wasn't just collecting three or more of the same model in different colors through the same system. Protoform Synthesis is a downgrade from Mechagon's system both because the grind is poorly tuned and robs you of the excitement of collecting something rare since there is no actual payoff but also because the world needs the rare drops to make rare kills more worthwhile.

On a separate note I am not sure how I feel about a Cypher system for every zone. The world is too damn easy as it is. While I like it from a gear progression perspective, the amount of extra power from enhancement console and Poc is insane. TI also had crazy buffs but at the same time it had some very powerful elites (those caster Taunka rares were crazy) plus the very smart design decision of having multiple mobs that could get past your gear (e.g. the snakes with the % damage cast that could only be interrupted with hard cc or the frogs whose debuff could just kill you). I just think they need to make the world much, much more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm sorry, but you can't convince me that spending hours upon hours grinding the same subzone with the same exact mobs over and over again could possibly be fun or engaging.
    Not even that. You can farm the really rare lattices (vespoid, tarachnid) and still not even scratch the surface for getting enough motes to get all mounts and just one of each pet. Which leaves one with the best option being to stand in one of a couple of spots with fast respawning mobs and just grind until your mind goes numb.

Honestly with Dragonriding I am just hoping that instead of getting one model in 4-5 different colors and then 2-3 different armors and/or 2-3 different sfx we could get less on the collectible counter but then let us choose how to make them look. And also hoping for actual mounted combat down the line.

7+ Year Old Account
    The cypher system should've been used to expand zone content.

Have the traits unlock zone events and objectives which everyone can participate in once started. (be it special rares, mob wave events or other things)
    Expand on the zones reward structure, have mote farming become easier the more daelic traits you unlock, tie the following traits to quest rewards and do what i said earlier have them drop reagents.
    Dedicate one of the cyphers to unlocking to another batch of treasures across the zone.
    Have the power related traits be their own thing and instead be player centric, give us some impactful buffs, make use of anima powers, let me temporarily obliterate things with holy nova instead of making pocopoc deal 0.5% extra damage.

As is, the cyphers are pretty useless and the system only really exists to unlock mount crafting.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I crafted one snail and stopped caring since there is no way I'll be getting any morw mites now that I'm Exalted