Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Which just makes less sense when you take in to account Diablo 4 was initially planned to be out by now.

But considering Overwatch 2 was advertised as having entirely new maps & gamemodes and the Beta doesn't have any of that, and the fans are still raving about it, Blizzard clearly knows its audience.
    I mean it makes a lot of sense if they realized D4 would take more time and pushed to get DI on PC. And really from what we've gathered, D4 had its concept completely scrapped at least twice, including when it came to art style. So much of what they were working on before 2018 is probably completely unusable.

As for Overwatch, the game is supported by the fans of the characters (be it normal shippers or the other kind) more than the gameplay. I still think that if they manage to push a single player story campaign out for that, they will strike gold. But doing it up to the visual standard of the game is probably a tall order.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    There will be more content later on, its a live service game now. The 2 is mostly for the Purchase of the PVE Content. The PVP is a free update.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There will be more content later on, its a live service game now. The 2 is mostly for the Purchase of the PVE Content. The PVP is a free update.
    And really, that's what got people excited for OW2, the PvE content.

Let it be known I don't try to derail these threads, its all on you deciding to simp in the form of wild tangents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Let it be known I don't try to derail these threads, its all on you deciding to simp in the form of wild tangents.
    No, you just lie. Remind me again, how many new maps are there in beta at the moment? zero?

Do you think there are any chances for more Warcraft related news to spice up tomorrow? Like pre-order or/and 9.2.5 date?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Do you think there are any chances for more Warcraft related news to spice up tomorrow? Like pre-order or/and 9.2.5 date?
    Nah, you don't want to distract people from a new release imo. Give it a bit time to breath. We might get a blog and talent calculator for 1-2 specs late in the week imo.

1+ Year Old Account
    I have zero idea about what the marketing is doing. It looks like they are readying for a new embargo at some point. We know that animated Shorts will be part of marketing. Maybe it will be another Gamescom reveal of those shorts. May is Blizzcon info, so we'll see what the status on that will be.

Other than that, 9.2.5 is most likely when we get the Preorders available as the shop panels are available in it. Although they are also available in Live. So I don't know what's going on there. (Upcoming Information in 9.2.5 is also obscured, most likely due to it being tied to the preorders in 9.2.5 and also maybe their datamining stance actually has changed now.)

Definitely uncharted territory with the current situation.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-02 at 07:29 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Maybe it will be another Gamescom reveal of those shorts.
    There's also Summer Game Fest, which should be larger now Keighley can cannibalise even more of E3 this year.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    There's also Summer Game Fest, which should be larger now Keighley can cannibalise even more of E3 this year.
    With context of usual Alpha timings. Time between first encrypted Alpha build and unencrypted Alpha build are two months. We might be on a accelerated timeline. If such is the case late May may be the time for more info.

There will be a big Blizzcon announcement this May. So there could be things timed around that.

Nihil.

With context of usual Alpha timings. Time between first encrypted Alpha build and unencrypted Alpha build are two months. We might be on a accelerated timeline. If such is the case late May may be the time for more info.

There will be a big Blizzcon announcement this May. So there could be things timed around that.
    Blizzcon announcement? Blizzcon is canceled until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, what i ask for is a method to tame beasts to become mounts. Without the grind you are obviously used to. Simple as that. Without blizzard having to sell another 2 years of gametime.
    Then what you want isn't mount taming, but just to be able to ride anything you come across. You're not looking for a taming system.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then what you want isn't mount taming, but just to be able to ride anything you come across. You're not looking for a taming system.
    I guess he should move to Goldshire

To do what? Not everyone shares your preferences.
    Lol you had to edit to add the second sentence. Did you actually not get it the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    Blizzcon announcement? Blizzcon is canceled until further notice.
    No point to start usual Blizzcon this year, late 2023 would be perfect for that:

- first time since Microsoft buyout (and Phil should open whole thing)
    - if they won't screw up initial DF patch schedule WoW would be fine and on track for 10.2 reveal (considering ~Q1 for DF launch)
    - probably DIV release around that time
    - more chance for big reveals, for sure that new survival game.

They usually start selling tickets around April anyway if I remember correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    No point to start usual Blizzcon this year, late 2023 would be perfect for that:

- first time since Microsoft buyout (and Phil should open whole thing)
    - if they won't screw up initial DF patch schedule WoW would be fine and on track for 10.2 reveal (considering ~Q1 for DF launch)
    - probably DIV release around that time
    - more chance for big reveals, for sure that new survival game.

They usually start selling tickets around April anyway if I remember correctly.
    Who cares about Blizzcon? I would rather get more frequent updates and monthly Q&A seasons via twitter spaces or streams.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Who cares about Blizzcon? I would rather get more frequent updates and monthly Q&A seasons via twitter spaces or streams.
    Blizzcon is usually a good time for stuff taht we wouldnt normally get though, like music panels, or world design showcases.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they ever will do blizzcon again. Considering how critical even long time fans of the company have become recently. And it is at least obvious to me the developers cannot really handle harsh criticism.

Instead of broadening their views, it becomes narrow. Instead of listening to their players, they troll them. Instead of caring about player agenda, they create a "community council" made out of opportunists as a PR stunt.
    Are we both living in the same timeline? NewBlizzard started to listening to the community with 9.1.5 and are actually improving the game and making it better for everyone, thanks to the removal of Afrasiabi and his boys. Dragonflight looks super promising, they even have a dedicated team for open world content now.

Also, who is trolling? What sword?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    No, you just lie. Remind me again, how many new maps are there in beta at the moment? zero?
    Wait are they heelzvsbabyface?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's like saying "who cares about audience on football match, most people watch it in TV anyway". For reveals I prefer to watch true hype from crowd and dev doing it live than pre-recorded corporate meeting where 2 people talk to each other like they never heard what other person is working on.