7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Her forearms together are the size of her torso.
    These are still not very pronounced shoulders.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    In thinking about it, I wonder if the problem with Dracthyr is simply that they lack a pronounced keelbone equivalent, and that expecting the Dracthyr to have that the rest of the body looks a bit out of proportion and lanky, as we are subconsciously expecting them to look a bit more bulky to accomodate the increased chest proportions.
    Could also be the neck tbh. Fairly long but also slim. WoW Dragons tend to have very thick (just look at Alex above).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah. As much as I'd love to have some Dragon Boobs, gender neutral Dragon form makes sense for Warcraft.
    I honestly don't mind the gender neutral form but it does make me wonder if they will change female dragonspawn who have very female torsos (tiny waists and big boobs). I spent so much time in vanilla looking at that model (skinning them for black scales, that's how I got my first epic mount).

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    These are still not very pronounced shoulders.
    Seriously.

5+ Year Old Account
    Always so crazy to me to use lore as a justification for or against customization options. After Void Elves I think its pointless.

Dracthyr will be modified regardless of what seems right based on demand since they're new.

Cataclysm Blizzard and modern Blizzard are totally different. They are way more feedback-oriented these days. Just keep submitting feedback to them.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Seriously.

You are right, the standing form is even worse, it clips the arm into the torso. I think the only point where the model shows the proper proportions is when it is shuffling (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=155659/a...rm#modelviewer)

Beyond that I do wonder why the armor slots that will be visible are so limited. I absolutely get no helmets because they have shown very different snout models. But why no bracers or leg armor?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-05-08 at 06:58 PM.

You are right, the standing form is even worse, it clips the arm into the torso. I think the only point where the model shows the proper proportions is when it is shuffling (https://www.wowhead.com/npc=155659/a...rm#modelviewer)

Beyond that I do wonder why the armor slots that will be visible are so limited. I absolutely get no helmets because they have shown very different snout models. But why no bracers or leg armor?
    Time saving measure if I had to guess. Probably why they don't use weapons (or at least appear so), can't ride mounts and can't be other classes. Wouldn't surprise me if the higher ups at blizz want this out the door asap.

Also, don't be too sure about any armor, sounds like it'll be dressing room armor only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Currently world first is big show that draw a lot attention to WoW.
    Does it really, though? I think it certainly gets respectable attention from current WoW players, but I would be interested to see how much attention it draws from the external community.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Time saving measure if I had to guess. Probably why they don't use weapons (or at least appear so), can't ride mounts and can't be other classes. Wouldn't surprise me if the higher ups at blizz want this out the door asap.

Also, don't be too sure about any armor, sounds like it'll be dressing room armor only.
    I get the class limitation (largely because we discussed it at length and had come at the same conclusion in this thread). About weapons I'd get it if they were melee and focusing on claw attacks but since they are NOT melee, their physical ranged attacks seem to be tied to the wings, snout (breath weapon) and maybe tail so I don't get what restricts the hands/claws from holding e.g. a staff. I don't get the bracers/gloves/legs though. Maybe if they had more than two options when it came to their body model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Does it really, though? I think it certainly gets respectable attention from current WoW players, but I would be interested to see how much attention it draws from the external community.
    I think that when it is up it is the most watched esport content on twitch or close to? Which is a much better performance than BLizzard's organized esports. It generates fairly large numbers for Twitch and even manages to maintain them over 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    It's because the geometry for those sections is variable as part of the customization.

You can see here that the left has 3D spikes on its forearms as part of its selected customization, where the teal has smooth forearms.

Likewise, the legs also have variable 3D geometry, these are not 2D painted on textures:

They have 3D geometry:

Since all leg armor is flat texture applied to the leg geometry (the 3D assets are usually up at the waist or down at the cuff) and a huge chunk of bracers are, these customization options are incompatible with those armors. You'd end up with the pants texture weirdly projected onto the spikes and stuff as the game tried to "paint" it on.

It's because the geometry for those sections is variable as part of the customization.

You can see here that the left has 3D spikes on its forearms as part of its selected customization, where the teal has smooth forearms.

Likewise, the legs also have variable 3D geometry, these are not 2D painted on textures:

They have 3D geometry:

Since all leg armor is flat texture applied to the leg geometry (the 3D assets are usually up at the waist or down at the cuff) and a huge chunk of bracers are, these customization options are incompatible with those armors. You'd end up with the pants texture weirdly projected onto the spikes and stuff as the game tried to "paint" it on.
    You are right, the spikes would have made it problematic

You know what makes me mad is that every complaint may end up being bullshit if they are ambitious enough with customization. 9.2.5 probably needs more time in the PTR which means alpha is unlikely to be before June (and probably later in June). I kind of expected to have a blog about talents already. A blog about Dracthyr customization with multiple images could shut everyone up.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-05-08 at 07:19 PM.

You are right, the spikes would have made it problematic

You know what makes me mad is that every complaint may end up being bullshit if they are ambitious enough with customization. 9.2.5 probably needs more time in the PTR which means alpha is unlikely to be before June (and probably later in June). I kind of expected to have a blog about talents already. A blog about Dracthyr customization with multiple images could shut everyone up.
    I feel like this could be fixed by simply making it so transmogging pants just changes the leg texture to a flat one.
    Not like pants changing the geometry of the base model is something new, it's literally been how the bulky pants model has worked since it was added.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2022-05-08 at 07:56 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like this could be fixed by simply making it so transmogging pants just changes the leg texture to a flat one.
    Not like pants changing the geometry of the base model is something new, it's literally been how the bulky pants model has worked since it was added.
    Bit unfortunate to have pants reduce size as if your customization doesn't exist though. Like having a hood just remove your demon hunter horns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but you aren't going to be playing Warcraft dragons period, just something similar enough to make you feel like one but you aren't outright one. I understand that the "Fixed" one looks better but I trufully don't see much wrong with the original design. They don't look like a gecko, they look like a mix of humanoid and dragon.
    I prefer the original one...the fixed one is definatley too masculine. My son has a bearded dragon, and as much as I love him (the dragon) I absolutely would not play anything that looks like him.....buggy little eyes...no thanks.

The reason dracthyr look skinny is because they aren't wearing armor.

Imagine if humans weren't in the game yet and they released a concept of a derpy human male totally naked and running around in their underwear, exactly how excited would you get about that?

Armor makes the character look cool. It's a simple fact of RPGs. And no, their cheesy barber shop "armor" does not remedy this problem at all. It looks like they are wearing a hospital gown, not fearsome at all. Blizzard is shooting themselves in the foot with this one, being so stubborn about no armor. It feels like another monkey paw wish.

I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The reason dracthyr look skinny is because they aren't wearing armor.

Imagine if humans weren't in the game yet and they released a concept of a derpy human male totally naked and running around in their underwear, exactly how excited would you get about that?

Armor makes the character look cool. It's a simple fact of RPGs. And no, their cheesy barber shop "armor" does not remedy this problem at all. It looks like they are wearing a hospital gown, not fearsome at all. Blizzard is shooting themselves in the foot with this one, being so stubborn about no armor. It feels like another monkey paw wish.

I mean, come on.
    Considering Dracthyr does show shoulders, belts and tabards, this edit isn't too far from what it will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Considering Dracthyr does show shoulders, belts and tabards, this edit isn't too far from what it will look like.
    That isn't enough at all. And if tabards, why not tunics? They both cover the same area. This is just a case of Blizzard being stubborn over a stupid design decision that they keep doubling down on and digging themselves deeper.

I'm not maining a race that can transmog exactly two pieces of armor, because let's face it, a tabard is not armor, and I never wear one anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't enough at all. And if tabards, why not tunics? They both cover the same area. This is just a case of Blizzard being stubborn over a stupid design decision that they keep doubling down on and digging themselves deeper.

I'm not maining a race that can transmog exactly two pieces of armor, because let's face it, a tabard is not armor, and I never wear one anyways.
    ...Someone is a bit too angry about Dracthyr
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...Someone is a bit too angry about Dracthyr
    I'm angry that we finally get a dragon race, but it isn't really a new race. It's instead a glorified druid form that can't wear armor.

If they are going to introduce a new race, it should function like other races. Wearing armor, weapons, and having a range of class choices. The visage form is also completely unnecessary, and I feel it is the excuse they are using to not let the dragon form wear gear.

The question is, why is the visage form the race and the dragon form a shapeshift? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The way they are handling it would have made more sense if evoker was a class that shapeshifted into a dragon and every existing race could be it. Like if worgen was a class and their Two Forms form was the race you chose to make the class on. Not this confused mess. It's like they are trying to have it both ways but are ruining both in the process.

Because chest pieces extend to the arms all the way down to the wrist, where there are issues with variable geometry (see the previous page). Whereas a tabard only covers the actual chest or the chest and a separate hanging bit over the groin.

They don't cover the same area.

Because chest pieces extend to the arms all the way down to the wrist, where there are issues with variable geometry (see the previous page). Whereas a tabard only covers the actual chest or the chest and a separate hanging bit over the groin.

They don't cover the same area.
    Demon Hunters have all the non-tier leather drops coded to appear differently on them vs. other leather wearers. Blizzard could add a similar setup for Dracthyr and have all non-tier Dragonflight mail chests only show the center piece(s).

Saying a tabard is acceptable but a chest piece isn't is asinine because the precedent is already there to customize chest pieces specifically based on a prior hero class.