Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You can play with your pet though, you just lose out on burst and AoE. Your sustained single target damage is near enough what you do normally, and you additionally get the extra utility.
    Lone wolf is too much of a loss though, this is the sad reality between having a pet or not with you, I prefer not to have pets but I'm just making life more difficult for myself without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Lone wolf is too much of a loss though, this is the sad reality between having a pet or not with you, I prefer not to have pets but I'm just making life more difficult for myself without one.
    It's a big loss in pure DPS, but outside that you don't really lose a whole lot by using a pet. I usually use one when doing world content since hunters are so squishy.
    The most annoying part is simply when you want to use hero, but also gain the damage from Lone Wolf.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's a big loss in pure DPS, but outside that you don't really lose a whole lot by using a pet. I usually use one when doing world content since hunters are so squishy.
    The most annoying part is simply when you want to use hero, but also gain the damage from Lone Wolf.
    Indeed but at that point you may aswell leave the pet out or leave lust to other DPS, thats what I do as I use a pet in overworld aswell and not in raids.

But honestly lately I got bored with MM so switch to BM as its just easier to play and do decent damage, MM's not hard to play bu it gets mindnumbingly boring with how few actual damaging skills we have now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Peeps gotta be ready that a vast majority of DF talents will be current and past abilities/talents/set bonuses/leggo powers/Cov abilities. And that is not a bad thing, considering how many of these simply worked. Plus, different combinations may yield interesting results.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Peeps gotta be ready that a vast majority of DF talents will be current and past abilities/talents/set bonuses/leggo powers/Cov abilities. And that is not a bad thing, considering how many of these simply worked. Plus, different combinations may yield interesting results.
    Based on what exactly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I though this was well known already since their df pressentation.

It could result in funny little.combinations we never had before. One cool side of it is that the whole hybrid stuff is coming back full force.

A thing that peeps might forget is that we probably get versions of them which are either at a reduced effect or simply altered. Which is bound to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Based on what exactly.
    What what exactly? My assumptions? Based on glancing over revealed druid talents sheet, and on an educated guess, that tells us that whipping out a bunch of new talents is not easy, especially when years of game development left a plethora of good powers that just beg to be used. Simply look how many leggo powers in SL are copied from old leggos/set bonuses.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Legion with the class blogs several concepts they had for playstyles did not survive the initial exposure to the public; a few never made it to alpha and had already been changed by the time it launched. So yes, there is a lot of value with them showing us the concepts.
    That's really interesting, what are some examples of concepts that didn't make the cut?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    That's really interesting, what are some examples of concepts that didn't make the cut?
    Ye, I do not recall any. Which one of these has been? I member Monks being intended to not have any auto attacks, but that was MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what covenant's spells we're going to keep (if every classes keep one ofc).

Druids still have the convoke. If we keep ONE covenant' spell, what do you think we will keep?

Some go really well with the class, others I don't see.

DK : Abomination Limb
    DH : Fodder to the Flame I guess
    Hunter : They all fit, so dunno, maybe Death Chakram
    Mage : dunno
    Monk : Faeline Stomp maybe
    Paladin : Divine Toll
    Priest : Mindgames ?
    Rogue : Any
    Shaman : Vesper Totem ?
    Warlock : Decimating Bolt
    Warrior : Dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    What what exactly? My assumptions? Based on glancing over revealed druid talents sheet, and on an educated guess, that tells us that whipping out a bunch of new talents is not easy, especially when years of game development left a plethora of good powers that just beg to be used. Simply look how many leggo powers in SL are copied from old leggos/set bonuses.
    I do not know how people are going to react to that, I just know change is needed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I do not know how people are going to react to that, I just know change is needed.
    We all know the reaction. Few will go like "LOL BLIZZ LAZY", while the rest will just either be happy, or will /shrug.

Ye, I do not recall any. Which one of these has been? I member Monks being intended to not have any auto attacks, but that was MoP.
    I know there were several but only one I clearly recall was that ret was supposed to get a teleport.

Found the blog
    "Lothar’s Might

30 yd range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
    Flings a blade of holy light to the target location. Reactivating will teleport the Paladin to the blade and strike nearby enemies for moderate Holy damage.
    Replaces Hand of Hindrance."

I know there were several but only one I clearly recall was that ret was supposed to get a teleport.

Found the blog
    "Lothar’s Might

Flings a blade of holy light to the target location. Reactivating will teleport the Paladin to the blade and strike nearby enemies for moderate Holy damage.
    I had forgotten that one. Man, that sounds so cool. Like something out of Devil May Cry or something.

7+ Year Old Account

Found the blog
    "Lothar’s Might

Oh ye, I member that. But this is one ability, we were talking about entire spec concepts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I had forgotten that one. Man, that sounds so cool. Like something out of Devil May Cry or something.
    Blizz was heavily inspired by D3 Crusaders when remaking Palas for Legion.

Found the blog
    "Lothar’s Might

Wait what, that sounds awesome though? Why'd people freak out about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Wait what, that sounds awesome though? Why'd people freak out about that?
    I have no idea, my memory is not good enough to remember internet rambling from 7 years ago.

Good example of stuff players think is cool but it shouldn't be. Teleportation isn't exactly paladin fantasy. Not to mention Lothar wasn't a paladin.

Blizz was heavily inspired by D3 Crusaders when remaking Palas for Legion.
    Blizz was heavily inspired by D3 in general when making Legion what with M+ (Rifts), World Quests (Bounties) and several class concepts and spells, what with most of the D3 team being folded into WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Good example of stuff players think is cool but it shouldn't be. Teleportation isn't exactly paladin fantasy. Not to mention Lothar wasn't a paladin.
    True, Lothar was a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I wonder what covenant's spells we're going to keep (if every classes keep one ofc).

Druids still have the convoke. If we keep ONE covenant' spell, what do you think we will keep?

Some go really well with the class, others I don't see.

DK : Abomination Limb
    DH : Fodder to the Flame I guess
    Hunter : They all fit, so dunno, maybe Death Chakram
    Mage : dunno
    Monk : Faeline Stomp maybe
    Paladin : Divine Toll
    Priest : Mindgames ?
    Rogue : Any
    Shaman : Vesper Totem ?
    Warlock : Decimating Bolt
    Warrior : Dunno
    I somehow doubt Hunters will get the NF or Kyrian abilities. Flayed Shot is a likely option for Marksman though, and Survival might get a reskinned version of Death Chakram.

Most of the Covenant abilities would need a reskin, but if they got it then I imagine we might be seeing more of them. Warrior for instance could really use the Necrolord Banner ability, just reskin to a more generic banner and change the green glow to a red one and you are set.
    The world revamp dream will never die!