10+ Year Old Account
    "Trust me when Alpha is ready to go you all will know. They haven’t even started to collect bnets yet from F&F and CC Which means it isn’t soon."
    Then Blizzard, especially Ion, should REALLY stop saying "Soon". Their soon has become the most annoying and false word of all time.
    They should have said "In the next few months"
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-05-19 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Then Blizzard, especially Ion, should REALLY stop saying "Soon". Their soon has become the most annoying and false word of all time.
    They should have said "In the next few months"
    I have to agree with you as it raises expectations where as our version of soon could be the next couple of weeks theirs is the next couple of months and I think thats how they keep people interested and checking but as I said I agree it's tiresome to have our hopes dashed week after week only for them to be in radio silence.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me (and I think for the majority of "normal" people), Soon is equivalent to saying 3/4 weeks... For Blizzard it's 2/3 months

Didn't Ion also say "Soon no tm"? This alpha cycle seems strange already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Proves that blizzard never really understood the word "soon".

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think what makes it weird is that Ion got asked whether he had previously said the expansion was far along or not, to which he confirmed that the alpha would come sooner than one might think.

The whole Soon™ is a Blizzard staple, but Ion was given the explicit option to temper expectations and seemed to instead confirm that we should expect something within a regular shirt timeframe, not just a Blizzard shirt timeframe.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Indeed, and now its been an entire month since the reveal the excitement from lack of promised information is drying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think what makes it weird is that Ion got asked whether he had previously said the expansion was far along or not, to which he confirmed that the alpha would come sooner than one might think.

The whole Soon™ is a Blizzard staple, but Ion was given the explicit option to temper expectations and seemed to instead confirm that we should expect something within a regular shirt timeframe, not just a Blizzard shirt timeframe.
    Well, we should probably still expect a business shirt timeframe rather than a casual shirt timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, we should probably still expect a business shirt timeframe rather than a casual shirt timeframe.
    Smart Casual shirt timeframe.

Nobody knows what it actually is.

Heck with the state Blizzard is in, something dramatic may have happened yet again and we just haven't heard about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    It's not beyond the realm of possibilities that they pull a Fallout 4 and dump a very polished alpha on us soon, with a short test cycle.

What's strange is the lack of news regarding the expansion.

They either feel like they need to shut up about it for a few weeks to let other news have some room to breathe (OW2, WotLKC, Arclight Rumble, etc.) or they've dropped the ball after starting out pretty good with improved communication this spring.
    I could see a testing cycle where we jump straight into Beta at that point. Alpha testing has long lost its meaning with it essentially being what Beta testing used to be, so I don't think it's unthinkable that Alpha is a stricter internal testing bed with Beta being when people get invited.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Just go play other games if Blizzard spacing out announcements in a content-light year is driving you this crazy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I hope pre-puchase goes live today, followed by a decrypted 9.2.5 PTR build and a couple of Dragonflight systems blog posts.

Pre-purchase content I'm hoping for:

• Level 60 character boost.
    • Emerald Guardian drake mount.
    • Dragon whelp backpacks for each of the five flights.
    • Dragonsworn cosmetic transmog set.
    • 30 days of game time.
    • New hearthstone and weapon effects based around dragons.
    • Early access (once 9.2.5 releases) to two new Allied Races. The Lightbound Undead join the Horde under Queen Menethil, while the Kaldorei Worgen join the Alliance. This completes the original Allied Race roster and plays heavily into the theme or Life and Death.
    My only criticism of the races is that I'd much prefer it if Kaldorei Worgen could be Paladins, since normal Worgen can't be Paladins (currently). Gimme Worgen Paladins, dangit!

Looks like a prequel novel was announced set for Nov. 22nd.

I don't know if prequel novels have had any kind of correlation or pattern with their spacing versus their paired expansions' releases though, I'm going to sleep or I'd try to do that, so I'll be lazy and let people do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    My only criticism of the races is that I'd much prefer it if Kaldorei Worgen could be Paladins, since normal Worgen can't be Paladins (currently). Gimme Worgen Paladins, dangit!
    I cant see where people think Kaldorei worgans are going to happen? Most evidences seem to point to more variations of the undead and because it sells most likely undead elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I cant see where people think Kaldorei worgans are going to happen? Most evidences seem to point to more variations of the undead and because it sells most likely undead elves.
    There's no evidence pointing toward a new worgen race, it's just really nice to imagine there being one since they're missing their supposed "allied race slot". Darkfallen are the most likely, if there's an allied race at all, which I'm still extremely skeptical.

The thing is, we know Arugal freed Ralaar and the original worgen. Did he summon all of them or are some still in the dream? Also did all the worgen of the original Pack get destroyed or do some survive? Belyssra is now alive and they could say she has access to the Scythe which would let them pacify the Kaldorei worgen and let them shift back. Finally they could always have Arvel be in Ardenweald and somehow come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool, but I think normal Worgen fit more for Paladins. The Kaldorei ones should lean more into nature-stuff, like Druidism and Shamanism. I'd like to see them be more like "original" Worgen if that makes sense. Less bulky, more magical.
    On the flip side, while Gilnean Worgen are defined by their lack of control, Night Elf Worgen could be the inverse: defined by the rigid self-discipline required to use the form. With Paladins being a natural extension of that selfsame discipline.

The biggest sticking point against Darkfallen AR now is that the updated skins (Delaryn, Velonara(sp?), the other one) all seem to look similar in skin tones, which goes against the idea that it's a race with lots of options. I also DON'T think it's going to be a race with very few customization because people hugely whine about that.

Still doesn't explain the elf music and the combat sounds though. They could just be using similar skin tones because they share a similar role though (important faction-aligned dead elves).

Yeah, true. But I think regular Night Elves would make a better choice for Paladins.
    It was weird how from the limited number of companions you could get in your class hall, we got TWO Night Elves for Paladins and yet Night Elves never got Paladins themselves.