The fact that the pre-order and the bonus has not been announced yet leaves some hopium residue that is still good to smoke.

I still have a lingering feeling that it's going to be the Shadowlands Covenant races. It would be a big enough thing to warrant its own separate reveal, and might have distracted too much from the Dragonflight reveal itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    What about that?

That's just for the ingame UI, when someone on your friendlist is in Diablo Immortal and there's a little icon besides their name.

7+ Year Old Account
    Link's not working.

edit: nvm, just captcha issues.

I don't see what's so special about that.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-05-20 at 08:06 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

https://gyazo.com/1c21e74dad484d86a8431329f035b504

It might seem like nothing, but it's not really. DI comes out on the 2nd of June, they’re adding battlenet icons into WoW so you can see when a friend is playing Diablo Immortal, like they have for Sc2, OW, HS, etc. Presumably they’d want to add this to the game before DI releases to help boost exposure for it. Just a little bone.

It might seem like nothing, but it's not really. DI comes out on the 2nd of June, they’re adding battlenet icons into WoW so you can see when a friend is playing Diablo Immortal, like they have for Sc2, OW, HS, etc. Presumably they’d want to add this to the game before DI releases to help boost exposure for it. Just a little bone.
    I see what you are trying to say, but they would add that even if the patch came out in 5 months time.

Sure, but that seems like a minor boost in revenue. I doubt the developers would push 9.2.5 solely for this tiny improvement. No doubt they would prefer the icon to be correct, but not enough to jeopardize the entire patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

It would be easier to link the original source directly:
    https://twitter.com/mrgmyt/status/15...F9xtToEitQJPDg

7+ Year Old Account

Sooooooooooooo Blizz is releasing a new game, and they connect it to Bnet friend list, like every other one. Shocking?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sooooooooooooo Blizz is releasing a new game, and they connect it to Bnet friend list, like every other one. Shocking?
    They are trying to say that it might indicate the patch goes live before Diablo Immortal gets released. To be honest it does seem strange that Blizzard didn't have it already in the game. It might indicate how delayed 9.2.5 is from the intended release date.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They are trying to say that it might indicate the patch goes live before Diablo Immortal gets released. To be honest it does seem strange that Blizzard didn't have it already in the game. It might indicate how delayed 9.2.5 is from the intended release date.
    Oh ye, that reminds me that they datamined achievements for owning D4, which created speculations for earlier than expected release (of D4).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    This means 9.2.5 can be release of May 31 ? Meh, nice but feels too soon for Blizz
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-05-20 at 09:29 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizzcon Updates are usually next week on the 26th. I still don't know why the Collector's Edition for D4 showed up.

I doubt there's any D4 update during the June-August Video Game News Livestreams.

Honestly, a release date for D4 with a Preorder is something I'd expect at the end of the year. But, again there's a lot of weird things going on that makes it a bit more up in the air as to why they implemented that achievement.

I got to be honest, I still don't believe in the Blizzcon concept after everything. But, it is still very confusing. I mean there's always Gamescom but it feels more likely that they may utilize Gamescom for the reveal of Dragonflight: Red Animation Short and the Release Date.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

You need to have some goddamn faith, Arthur(s).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Well, Blizzcon Updates are usually next week on the 26th. I still don't know why the Collector's Edition for D4 showed up.

I doubt there's any D4 update during the June-August Video Game News Livestreams.

Honestly, a release date for D4 with a Preorder is something I'd expect at the end of the year. But, again there's a lot of weird things going on that makes it a bit more up in the air as to why they implemented that achievement.

I got to be honest, I still don't believe in the Blizzcon concept after everything. But, it is still very confusing. I mean there's always Gamescom but it feels more likely that they may utilize Gamescom for the reveal of Dragonflight: Red Animation Short and the Release Date.
    It's actually possible that the datamined Diablo 4 Collectors Edition was just named wrong (intentionally) and it's actually a Diablo Immortal Digital Deluxe Edition? After all, when that achievement got datamined they hadn't announced DI for PC yet, so it would have spoiled the whole reveal?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Could be they implemented it for 2 years in advance though. But usually previously we've seen WoW Anniversary Achievements implemented 12 months prior, so it does make you wonder which specific dates they are targetting for more information.

Then again it may just stay an oddity for next two years.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's actually possible that the datamined Diablo 4 Collectors Edition was just named wrong (intentionally) and it's actually a Diablo Immortal Digital Deluxe Edition? After all, when that achievement got datamined they hadn't announced DI for PC yet, so it would have spoiled the whole reveal?
    That seems unlikely. Two weeks out from launch and we already know "launch" rewards for immortal will be armor sets. You get it free by finishing the tutorial within 30 days of the games launch. I doubt they will sell a digital deluxe version with out previously announcing it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Here's something I've found:

There's 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the "Dark Ranger set" that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it's the hood from Darkshore DRs.

Can't really draw anything from this other than the possibility we'll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it's rather lackluster given it's just a recolor of a... WoD? set I wanna say.

Edit: It wouldnt be unusual either, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor is stuff thats been in the game awhile.

Edit 2:

I've been looking at the findings of others in regards to this, and they've found the PlayerConditionID is also tied to various toys, so another possibility is that this is just updates to the dark ranger toy.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-22 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Here's something I've found:

There's 5 Dark Ranger armor icons in the ItemAppearance table (viewable via wow.tools) that were added in 9.2.5. The icons are the same as the "Dark Ranger set" that the NPCs in Darkshore wear.

They have a PlayerConditionID of 34863 - which is linked to hunter (via class mask 0x4). Interestingly, the only other items in this table with a PlayerConditionID are the ones that require covenants.

Only 1 of the 5 have an actual texture file linked to it, and it's the hood from Darkshore DRs.

Can't really draw anything from this other than the possibility we'll be getting the full set. Assuming the appearance is unchanged, it's rather lackluster given it's just a recolor of a... WoD? set I wanna say.

Edit: It wouldnt be unusual either, given the Blood Elf Blood Knight armor is stuff thats been in the game awhile.
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Could just be new outfits for the NPC dark rangers to show an allegiance change.
    Maybe? But I wanna say they wouldn't have a PlayerConditionID if it were for NPCs. The table PlayerCondition seems to only be for players - with things like "Must be in a group" "Requires completion of X" "Requires Rogue" and such.

Edit: Cool to see Redshirtguy and Portergauge talking about this post. I had notifications on for their tweets since they usually post about theories and datamined material.

A little proud I started datamining for the first time ever last week and found some interesting stuff.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-21 at 02:12 AM.