10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ion said "Soon, no TM". Which I guess also needs a definition since it definitely is nothing like how most people define soon.
    Luckily, we already have the scale.

Now ←----- Very Soon™ ---- Soon (Not Soon™) ----- Soon™ ---- Soon-ish™ ----→ End of Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Luckily, we already have the scale.

Now ←----- Very Soon™ ---- Soon (Not Soon™) ----- Soon™ ---- Soon-ish™ ----→ End of Time
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Soon

Doesn't include the non-trademarked version I guess we will new a new entry for Hatzikostas Soon, no TM in the scale. Let's hope it lands on the left side of the scale.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Orcs having hunched/upright options

Male/female bodies for each race.
    Again, dragons don't have differences between genders in their dragon form. I would be so mad if they would turn the awesome dracthyr into another "manly buffed ape-race".
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-25 at 08:19 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean it makes sense to signify all Dragonflights with the Collector's Edition and it also adds an extra flair.

I mean with the confirmation on Dragonflight based Shorts, it would make a lot of sense for the marketing to go all-in on which Flight you identify with.
    Really weird to do that when you do not align with a flight. This would have made sense if we'd talk about Dragonflight-Covenants, but we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Kinda odd they said they'd release a Dracthyr customization blog soon but it's looking to be a few weeks + after pre-orders are out.

Maybe my former hopium about a "visage form-only" allied race can come true, even if it makes absolutely no sense.
    Their "soon" is just bs. PTR soon for 9.2 was like 2 months after they first said "it's coming soon", so there's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or at least do a better job at having all the interview links in one spot so we don't have to depend on WoWHead. They did post links on their weekly summary blog but it is not at all comprehensive.
    And yeah, should do a preview.
    We're missing a lot of previews right now. The most important is most likely the Dracthyr / Evoker one. It's so weird to have absolutely no clue how Evoker is going to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, dragons don't have differences between genders in their dragon form. I would be so mad if they would turn the awesome dracthyr into another "manly buffed ape-race".
    Awesome and Dracthyr in a sentence, I love that optimism.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Can you leave your gender-norm opinions somewhere else? this is 2022 if we want an option for buff bodies we want that and thats okay. You can still have your feminist body.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THC BANDIT View Post
    Can you leave your gender-norm opinions somewhere else? this is 2022 if we want an option for buff bodies we want that and thats okay. You can still have your feminist body.
    Hahahaha. Nice table turn you have there, so I will give you an internet cookie for that for sure. But no, I actually like the current gender neutral option we got for 2022 and I will defend it on the hill. And yes, I love my feminist views, thank you.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-25 at 08:49 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Hahahaha. Nice table turn you have there, so I will give you an internet cookie for that for sure. But no, I actually like the current gender neutral option we got for 2022 and I will defend it on the hill. And yes, I love my feminist views, thank you.

PS: Having representation different from "buffed cis-norm hetero guy" is surely a gender norm, surely.
    Representation means options. Having one single form for all types is basically the opposite of representation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Representation means options. Having one single form for all types is basically the opposite of representation.
    Starting off with a non-gendered version and reverting back to classic middle-aged "girl and boy forms" would be like reverting back to burning witches on the stake.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dracthyr are great the way they are.

Edit: One thing I've noticed in my 1 month here is just how many conversations and arguments get rehashed.

It almost makes me feel insane because after a certain point I'd think people would move on after they've said their piece.
    Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-25 at 08:59 AM.

"girl and boy forms" would be like reverting back to burning witches on the stake.
    is this satire?

I agree with Lady Atia, the Dracthyr are fine, those accusing it of being furry bait obviously don't know what furries prefer or are a closet furry themselves, I have a few furry friends and all the "art" they post has barral chested muscular types, not once have I seen a skinny furry variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't think you're getting a bulkier option. I think something more like this is likely;

We'll see.
    All they have to do is make this an option and they'll be fine. I don't get the whole controversy about them otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Edit: One thing I've noticed in my 1 month here is just how many conversations and arguments get rehashed.

It almost makes me feel insane because after a certain point I'd think people would move on after they've said their piece.
    That's pretty normal for this place. It's the same discussions on repeat over and over and people get bored and begin trolling until there is actual news.

This whole "BLIZZARD HAS TO CHANGE THE RACE SO THAT I LIKE THEM!" discourse is genuinely idiotic.

Yeah, they could add an option that makes them chunkier, they could add an option that gives them a bigger jaw, they could add an option that gives them a third arm, they could add an option that replaces their head with a robot head, they could do all of those things.

But with every change they add based on kneejerk reactions from the community, they erode the identity of the race.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-05-25 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    This whole "BLIZZARD HAS TO CHANGE THE RACE SO THAT I LIKE THEM!" discourse is genuinely idiotic.
    The "Furry" argument makes the least amount of sense to me. Blizzard couldn't have made a dragon race in any shape that wouldn't be corrupted by furry websites. In my opinion the current Dracthyr look okay, I'd prefer some bulkier options and thicker neck for example to look more dragon-like. The head is a bit undersized imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you honestly think that having them be more muscular would make them less of a furry race, you don't know what a furry is.

Formerly known as Arafal

Starting off with a non-gendered version and reverting back to classic middle-aged "girl and boy forms" would be like reverting back to burning witches on the stake.
    There's nothing middle-aged about "girl and boy forms", it's basic biology how males and females look unaltered or unchanged by the influence of society. But we're talking about a fictional race, so it barely matters.

Well the interview suggests THREE torso forms. So if we are lucky we may get a feminine, masculine and non-gendered (non-binary? can it apply to Dracthyr? Do they lack dimorphism or do they actually lack sex with the visage form being an illusion? Can they procreate? Maybe they are even hermaphrodites or some form of intersex creature) form.

Holy cow, this post cannot be real.

There's nothing middle-aged about "girl and boy forms", it's basic biology how males and females look unaltered or unchanged by the influence of society. But we're talking about a fictional race, so it barely matters.
    We are talking about a fictional race whose parent race exhibits no sexual dimorphism. So there is an argument for their form not to be gendered. At the same time we are talking about a race whose alternate form is a very sexualized form so it makes sense for their draconic form to also be gendered. Both sides have arguments by lore tbh.
    Given we are getting three torso shapes, it is very much possible for everyone to get what they want (except ofc for the people whose main focus is for others to not get what they want but fuck those people).
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-05-25 at 09:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Holy cow, this post cannot be real.
    Sure, because you guys seem to be offended by the idea alone that there is a race that's the same for male and females in their natural form. And instead of accepting progression you want to revert to your classic view of how males and females have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me a WoW drake that has sexual dimorphism.

#TEAMGIRAFFE