Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But some find this half-measure acceptable so more power to them. Doesn't really scratch my itch to play a dragon.
    Ultimately I think this is the right decision. Because I'd imagine more people want to play as a dragonperson race than a dragonsworn class that has a 5 minute cooldown to turn into Alexstrasza. I agree though, this isn't the 100% full fantasy of playing an actual dragon, but I think that just comes down to the limitation of the game, things like raids, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This is the most important part. It's not representation when everybody looks the same.

By the way, I'd be happy with more options for the jaw, that would already be enough for me. Give me a more Deathwing-like jaw and I'd be happy. Doesn't matter if "male" and "female" Dracthyr can use that, I just want it for my personal preference (because that butterface is hideous imho).
    They already said we will get lots of different face shapes though.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

A bulky dragon race would be good. When I think of this new race, I envision Dragonborn in D&D. Besides This the WoW version just seems like it’s missing some animalistic edge.

It's kinda funny to see the blood elf male form being referred to as 'hypersexualized' (not the word you mean) when the joke for years were how feminine they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Ultimately I think this is the right decision. Because I'd imagine more people want to play as a dragonperson race than a dragonsworn class that has a 5 minute cooldown to turn into Alexstrasza. I agree though, this isn't the 100% full fantasy of playing an actual dragon, but I think that just comes down to the limitation of the game, things like raids, etc.
    Again, drakes are not that large. You can give them no melee role to avoid them taking all the melee space or give them a tank role so they can still play in melee if they want but it will never be a concern for raids/dungeons. Let them play as casters in both drake and visage form. Yes, you'd never be able to play in a dragon form that is the size of a building. But drakes are smaller than most mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    It's kinda funny to see the blood elf male form being referred to as 'hypersexualized' (not the word you mean) when the joke for years were how feminine they were.
    Well I always found that joke to be inane. Blood elf males have a perfect V shape with extremely defined musculature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I always found that joke to be inane. Blood elf males have a perfect V shape with extremely defined musculature.
    Compared to human males they're basically twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe twunks.

Yeah, people calling BElves feminine has always been a confusing one for me.

Sure they are in the context of WoW, where they hold to the Warhammer roots in most men being unrealistically muscled uberhulks. But IRL I still wouldn't want to pick a fight with someone built like a BElf.

I'd guess you'd call it a remnant of the old Aughts era where having long hair and any care for your physical appearance that wasn't "manly" like beard obsession made you "girly" that people have mostly grown past.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-05-25 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Yeah, people calling BElves feminine has always been a confusing one for me.

Sure they are in the context of WoW, where they hold to the Warhammer roots in most men being unrealistically muscled uberhulks. But IRL I still wouldn't want to pick a fight with someone built like a BElf.
    It doesn't help that the dudebros at Blizzard were also pushing that idea with the flirts/jokes.

Most martial artists in our world would have a built like a BElf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Because Human males are bodybuilders while Kul Tirans are weightlifters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk about you, but when someone tells me that something is "unlike anything we have seen before" i very much take it as request to feel amazed.
    They should have advertised it as 'water that you can ONLY walk on' or 'water that you can't swim in'. Its actually something we never had before, but it just came across dumb because with the way how they said it, you can just go 'lol waterwalking/path of frost existed for 15 years'.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They should have advertised it as 'water that you can ONLY walk on' or 'water that you can't swim in'. Its actually something we never had before, but it just came across dumb because with the way how they said it, you can just go 'lol waterwalking/path of frost existed for 15 years'.
    I mean it's dump in general, it's not like it is a major feature. The underwater areas are not even interactible outside fishing, one rare, one treasure and one world quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's dump in general, it's not like it is a major feature. The underwater areas are not even interactible outside fishing, one rare, one treasure and one world quest.
    I actually enjoyed the water, especially that fishing world quest. Was it the most exciting thing we ever got? No. But I get why they would be proud about it from a technical/artist PoV.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Damn, the art people were talking about cool artistic things they did in the zone and the WoW Community who has to overanalyze anything a Blizzard employee does, even if they are just breathing, interpreted like 500000000 things into it.

What's new?

They showcased the zone. All they said was essentially "Oh yeah, the water doesn't look anything we've seen before, and you can walk on it. Because of this, it seems like the threshold between ZM and something more primordial". That's literally all that was said. It makes sense because you go from Primordial Soup -> Lush Forests -> Dead Desert.

Y'all are acting like they talked about the water for 5 minutes. There is ONE sentence about the water, and one mentioning it prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually enjoyed the water, especially that fishing world quest. Was it the most exciting thing we ever got? No. But I get why they would be proud about it from a technical/artist PoV.
    Nazjatar was far more impressive, and that was just a regular zone using underwater themed assets surrounded by a giant wall of water you couldn't interract with.

I assume they were trying to go for the whole "reality doesn't apply" theme with the water not functioning like regular water, but they don't really do anything with that. You can see fish and life underwater, you just can't actually go there.

The fact that the introductory area is the most otherworldly thing in Zereth Mortis beside the sky doesn't help matters either. Sure it's neat to not need water walking, but without being able to actually go into the water it's just a regular flat surface that allows fishing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Nazjatar was far more impressive, and that was just a regular zone using underwater themed assets surrounded by a giant wall of water you couldn't interract with.

I assume they were trying to go for the whole "reality doesn't apply" theme with the water not functioning like regular water, but they don't really do anything with that. You can see fish and life underwater, you just can't actually go there.

The fact that the introductory area is the most otherworldly thing in Zereth Mortis beside the sky doesn't help matters either. Sure it's neat to not need water walking, but without being able to actually go into the water it's just a regular flat surface that allows fishing.
    Meh, honestly Nazjatar was a huge dissapointment for me, both from a design and content PoV. It's super ugly especially if you compare it with cool "Nazjatar as an Expansion concepts" or even with the Zin Aszhari we got in the Warbringers video or the CoT dungeon. Honestly I think they should have gone the Argus route instead and have one zone that's basically corall ruins like the stuff we got, one that's propperly Zin Aszhari like the Eternal Palace and maybe one that's N'Zoth inspired. But than again, they wasted lot of potential awesome stuff during BfA, thanks Afrasiabi.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and also - didn't they announce some flashy waterfalls that you can interact with during the blizzcon nazjatar preview? Don't think we ever got that, right?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Sure, because you guys seem to be offended by the idea alone that there is a race that's the same for male and females in their natural form. And instead of accepting progression you want to revert to your classic view of how males and females have to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me a WoW drake that has sexual dimorphism.
    I'm not offended by fictional race. I'm offended by putting "boys and girls" and witch hunt into one sentence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I'm not offended by fictional race. I'm offended by putting "boys and girls" and witch hunt into one sentence.
    I can't see a difference between hunting witches and hating on trans or non-binary people or their (even potential) representation.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-25 at 12:45 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most inclusive approach would be to add different body shapes regardless of gender. It would be kind of ridiculous to have the bulkier body option only available for males. So 2-3 body shapes that you can choose from regardless of the character gender would IMO be the best option and I don't see how anyone could be offended by that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I think the most inclusive approach would be to add different body shapes regardless of gender. It would be kind of ridiculous to have the bulkier body option only available for males. So 2-3 body shapes that you can choose from regardless of the character gender would IMO be the best option and I don't see how anyone could be offended by that.
    I could also see them adding beards for the Dracthyr form. Adult drakes use them regardless of their gender too. Slightly changes in shapes (maybe through horns or slightly changed scales) would be ok but I would rather keep the neutral outlook similiar to again, all the adult dragons and drakes we currently have in the game.

#TEAMGIRAFFE