7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I get the punishment aspect. But aren't those souls suffering? Shouldn't there be an elite task force formed from the covenants to speed up the task?
    That would lessen the punishment. She goes there yolo solo.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That would lessen the punishment. She goes there yolo solo.
    Yeah, I get that. But it also prolongs the suffering of the souls who don't deserve that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I get that. But it also prolongs the suffering of the souls who don't deserve that.
    This is one of the minor plot holes that just happens. If she had help, the punishment would be shorter. and would lessen it's gravity. Plus she is hardcore disliked among all Covs.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-26 at 09:49 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Did you find anything new in the files?^^

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually quite sure that both Anduin and Nathanos (once they find him) will support her. Also the covenants are already helping cleaning up the maw since the weekly assaults there.
    Nothing of note.

This is everything I've found since I started:

- Item textures for item set (armupper, interesting elven logo present)
    - Delaryn Summermoon and Kitala Starshadow updated textures
    - the 2 "unknown mounts" in 9.2.5 have one w/ claw footprints, other with horse prints
    - hearthstone pre order toy
    - tirisfal seems to have have transmogset + character title rewards (set seems separate from Encrypted Armor Set? maybe weapon/single item/etc)
    - dark ranger armor icon with weird updated playerconditionID (possibly for toy?)
    - dracthyr spell visual
    - death knight eye glow effect file (could be for npc, but was flagged encrypted)
    - greymane voice file (later reported on wowhead)
    - one of the tirisfal quests involve riding a bat

Boredom lol

- - - Updated - - -

While we're at it...

Why is Sylvanas the only one recovering souls from the maw?

I get the punishment aspect. But aren't those souls suffering? Shouldn't there be an elite task force formed from the covenants to speed up the task?
    Thanks for the response

I assume the Maw is unpleasant if not torturous for people to linger there for too long.

Of course we have Thrall and co running around there having a grand ol' time so it gets poorly conveyed in game. But I think even with the defeat of Zovaal its supposed to be a hellish place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing of note.

Uh interesting! So maybe the tirisfal questline gives us a Dark Ranger or Darfallen title, the dark ranger set used by NPC's aswell as customization options for NE's/BE's? Maybe the dark ranger set is a transmog ensemble hence the weird armor icon? How is the 9.2.5 Bloodknight set handled?

Also would be cool if they used the BfA pre-event bat for that quest - I always find it weird if mounts have lore but aren't really used in the world (Vengeance says hi! Sylvanas literally never used her and now her eyes aren't even the same colour anymore, nor does her new transmog fit with it).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Uh interesting! So maybe the tirisfal questline gives us a Dark Ranger or Darfallen title, the dark ranger set used by NPC's aswell as customization options for NE's/BE's? Maybe the dark ranger set is a transmog ensemble hence the weird armor icon? How is the 9.2.5 Bloodknight set handled?

Also would be cool if they used the BfA pre-event bat for that quest - I always find it weird if mounts have lore but aren't really used in the world (Vengeance says hi! Sylvanas literally never used her and now her eyes aren't even the same colour anymore, nor does her new transmog fit with it).
    The 9.2.5 Blood Knight set is literally just a transmog ensemble give to you if you play a Belf Paladin. So presumably the Dark Ranger set would work similarly if that is what we get. Now whether it's in that case jsut given to the Elves, or whether it's given to hunters is a different matter, I would hope it's given to all hunters given Blizzard has been blueballing us hard with this questline for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is one of the minor plot holes that just happens. If she had help, the punishment would be shorter. and would lessen it's gravity. Plus she is hardcore disliked among all Covs.
    It really is such a shame that Nathanos wasnt made completely dead, as in Tyrande disintegrated his soul or something when she killed him. Would at least have made Sylvanas' suffering more poignant when she has to live with her actions leading to her eternal loneliness. Would certainly be a whole lot more fitting than getting to pal it up with Anduin and Nathanos for ages.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is such a shame that Nathanos wasnt made completely dead, as in Tyrande disintegrated his soul or something when she killed him. Would at least have made Sylvanas' suffering more poignant when she has to live with her actions leading to her eternal loneliness. Would certainly be a whole lot more fitting than getting to pal it up with Anduin and Nathanos for ages.

I doubt Anduin is going to be in the Maw for long, more likely he will get told off by Sylvanas.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt Anduin is going to be in the Maw for long, more likely he will get told off by Sylvanas.
    But, but the .... the maw fanfictions. You can't take this away from us.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I have been getting the feeling that the 9.2.5 Tirisfal quests are more a continuation of BFA events than Shadowlands ones. I agree, that would be cool.

How is the 9.2.5 Bloodknight set handled?
    Differently. More experienced dataminers have looked at the updated DR icons/ID that I mentioned and werent able to figure it out, but did discover the ID was previously tied to toys. But it is in the armor table. So who knows. Will just have to wait to 9.2.5 to see what comes of it.

I just don't get why he needs to be there at all. Unless it's literally just to have him give her a cheeky smack on the bum to get going it really doesnt add much to the story at all. Even considering Anduins nobility and all that, Sylvanas is literally the person who did everything to him, she is the direct cause of pretty much all the suffering on Azeroth, to the Alliance, and to him since the beginning of BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Differently. More experienced dataminers have looked at the updated icons/ID that I mentioned and werent able to figure it out, but did discover the ID was previously tied to toys. But it is in the armor table. So who knows. Will just have to wait to 9.2.5 to see what comes of it.
    Isnt there just a regular ensemble chest item you get if the character is a Belf Paladin, or am I just imagining having seen that?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I just don't get why he needs to be there at all. Unless it's literally just to have him give her a cheeky smack on the bum to get going it really doesnt add much to the story at all. Even considering Anduins nobility and all that, Sylvanas is literally the person who did everything to him, she is the direct cause of pretty much all the suffering on Azeroth, to the Alliance, and to him since the beginning of BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Isnt there just a regular ensemble chest item you get if the character is a Belf Paladin, or am I just imagining having seen that?
    Yeah, there is.

looks like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I can see them using the "time works differently in the maw" rule to age Anduin up so once we get him, Sylvanas and Nathanos back he will just look like in that one comic. Basically the same thing they did with Turalyon.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there is.

looks like this.
    Cool, so it would make sense to have a dark ranger set work exactly the same way?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I think they are just keeping Anduin "occupied" until the Light V Void conflict gets interesting again. Which is what I'm afraid of(Not the theme mostly how its executed >.>). There's a reason Turalyon is on the throne and not just cause he's trusted within the Alliance.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I think they are just keeping Anduin "occupied" until the Light V Void conflict gets interesting again. Which is what I'm afraid of(Not the theme mostly how its executed >.>). There's a reason Turalyon is on the throne and not just cause he's trusted within the Alliance.
    Well, we haven't seen what an expansion made only by NewBlizzard looks so I wouldn't be worried too much (yet). Dragonflight will show what Danuser and co can do without the touch of Afrasiabi on it. But yeah, a Light vs Void expansion on the level of BfA would suck as much as GoT's last season (did they ever fully aired it? I can't really remember it all that much for some weird reason ...).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I can see them using the "time works differently in the maw" rule to age Anduin up so once we get him, Sylvanas and Nathanos back he will just look like in that one comic. Basically the same thing they did with Turalyon.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool, so it would make sense to have a dark ranger set work exactly the same way?
    Sure, but what I found doesn't really point to that. It's got unique properties that are puzzling.

Here's some tweets about it:

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...31651799035904
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...71218317381634

Maybe they're going to end up keeping one character associated with each cosmic force "on ice" until the seventh force shows up and is inevitably super-ultra-evil.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Nothing of note.

Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively. So the quest(s) probably reward an undead horse and nightsaber.

So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?

Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-05-26 at 10:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively.

So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe a title/eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?
    Well, they also didn't make Wildhammer Dwarves or Sand Trolls an Allied Race afterall. I would be totally fine with customization options anyways, especially as I would like to use blue eyes like Sylvanas now instead of the red ones if possible.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Doesn't one mount being a horse, and the other being a cat just basically confirm Dark Rangers? Its exactly what the elves would use for horde and alliance respectively.

So they're giving out an armor set, customization, mounts and maybe eye glows to larp as a dead elf, but aren't making it an AR... I find that odd, but maybe its because of pushback on the "skin color" ARs?
    Not necessarily. That is my hopium, though.

The claw footprints are used for a lot of mounts of all species. Not just cats or cat-adjacent things.

The horse prints do seem to only be used for horses, though I didn't dig too deep to confirm.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you also post the "interesting elf logo"

I'm pretty sure these are from the encrypted armor set. These were unencrypted, are tagged as "Armupper" (so only part of a set), but among the same file id range as the encrypted armor files.

We had a user point out it's quite similar to the blood elf and void elf logos, but doesnt quite match either of them.

Last edited by wowrefugee; 2022-05-26 at 11:00 PM.