Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can't use matchmaker in cross faction groups, do no random dungeon finder, LFR or PvP matchmaking.
    I still don't really see the point in not being able to do the random matchmaking with cross-faction enabled... but well, as I guessed I understand that I could level with other faction players but having to choose a concrete dungeon and thus loosing the additional experience of the random matchmaking. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    I still don't really see the point in not being able to do the random matchmaking with cross-faction enabled... but well, as I guessed I understand that I could level with other faction players but having to choose a concrete dungeon and thus loosing the additional experience of the random matchmaking. Thanks!
    The idea is to make any cross faction play VOLUNTARY. So you always choose to join a group that is cross faction and are never forced to play so otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The idea is to make any cross faction play VOLUNTARY. So you always choose to join a group that is cross faction and are never forced to play so otherwise.
    I get that, but if you were playing Horde and I was playing Alliance and then we both enabled the cross-faction option, why shouldn't we be able to play together in random matchmaking along with other players who do the same?

I get that, but if you were playing Horde and I was playing Alliance and then we both enabled the cross-faction option, why shouldn't we be able to play together in random matchmaking along with other players who do the same?
    I guess it would complicate the process of matchmaking groups. Damage dealers already wait long enough, to distinguish them into crossplay vs. non-crossplay groups might make it even worse, especially for Alliance players when there are less players in general.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That would require them to make separate multiple matchmaking queues which would fragment the playerbase more, not less. And thus increase queue times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What glaring issue? How does it affect WoW and story?
    It affects wows worldbuilding.
    Just because it won't affect the next major narrative Blizzard is gonna spin and you personally don't care for it, doesn't mean that this isn't a glaring issue.

What changes if she gets no help?
    You have mega hell (Maw) filled with god knows how many souls, you have the covenants who all are with Pelagos that all souls should have a chance at redemption (and most definitely want their anima too), who are perfectly capable of going into the Maw themselves and retrieve those souls.

Yet they solely rely on one elf lady to do the task for them.
    One elf lady.
    For thousands upon thousands of souls.
    In a giant, twisted, torture chamber of a realm.

Arbitrarily prolonging the torture and agony of every soul in there, for the sake of punishing a singular person.
    It's absolutely fucking nuts.

Formerly known as Arafal

It’s possible with the Jailer dead all his minions and Mawsworn are gone too so there’s nothing left in the Maw to torture people. They might just sit there completely bored, maybe they start golf clubs.

The way I'm seeing this is that she's not necessarily alone in this task. Though where covenants can send different people to help restore the balance and rest between rescues, Sylvanas doesn't have that luxury. She must participate in this effort until all the lost souls are found and send to the arbiter

Quick question.

I know for 9.2, servers were offline for like, 6-8 hours.

Do .5 patches usually have that long of maintenance too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I think the video would have worked better if they had done the patch reveal via a Q&A first, with the video as in-depth look afterwards.
    It would have worked better if it wasn’t a cringe info dump of “Look we are all just sitting around the desk pretending to be having a convo” that shit ended in the 90’s, and it should have stayed there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    It’s possible with the Jailer dead all his minions and Mawsworn are gone too so there’s nothing left in the Maw to torture people. They might just sit there completely bored, maybe they start golf clubs.
    That does sound worse…

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Arbitrarily prolonging the torture and agony of every soul in there, for the sake of punishing a singular person.
    It's absolutely fucking nuts.
    It's also narcissism. Our Sylvanas is so important, all the souls in the universe need to suffer that much longer so her "punishment" can have more depth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    It would have worked better if it wasn’t a cringe info dump of “Look we are all just sitting around the desk pretending to be having a convo” that shit ended in the 90’s, and it should have stayed there.
    But what other format would allow them to show enough staff so they can go "Look how diverse we are!" Nevermind that we KNOW the male/female ratio in the company is not at all similar to what was shown in the reveal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I think the Maw existed BEFORE Zovaal. So the torture thing is a natural function, Zovaal just used Domination to take control of what naturally happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    So other people shouldn't get to play races they want because you don't like them? Yikes.
    Did I say I didnt like them? wow talk about reading my mind, read what I wrote they'd NEED to be neutral, have all animations, voice lines and the ability to equip all armours... and it's alot of work for the few that want them as I don't see any real outcries for Covenant races to be allied races anywhere but here.

It would be cool if these new quests offered new customization achievements like the Night Warrior one in BfA. I always wished they did more of that. Even if we got very minor stuff in the future like tattoos and markings this way.

Darkfallen -> Blood Elves

Maw-touched or Night Fae -> Night Elves (assuming they're able to be reborn)

Not sure if Undead would get anything or even what it would be. But any excuse for straight posture is always welcome

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I was going to say "Wouldn't they want to start the pre-order before the patch hits? So the patch going live doesn't detract from the attention of the pre-order?" but then I realized, putting up the Pre-order as soon as the servers are down for maintenance would be a stroke of brilliance. Like "Look what you get as soon as the servers come up!"

More or less. Val'kyr literally means Kyrian of Valor, associated with Odyn's Halls of Valor. Valor-Kyrian. Kyrian is just them taking the "kyr" part & adding the suffix that makes it a group of people.
    I am actually talking wrath Val'kyr to be precise, we had those before the rest got added to the game. Ofc in the story we are told odyn got the idea of the Kyrian and made it is own. The lich king had their own version which is were it started for us.

So technically they are the OG ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Did I say I didnt like them? wow talk about reading my mind, read what I wrote they'd NEED to be neutral, have all animations, voice lines and the ability to equip all armours... and it's alot of work for the few that want them as I don't see any real outcries for Covenant races to be allied races anywhere but here.
    Yes, yes! Better focus on raids, raids and maybe more raids?? M+ raids, raid affixes and stuff, more raids! Haha, that would cost us raid tier lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not sure if Undead would get anything or even what it would be. But any excuse for straight posture is always welcome
    Epic 50 part questline to hunt down The Legendary Chiropractor to yank Forsaken spines straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yes, yes! Better focus on raids, raids and maybe more raids?? M+ raids, raid affixes and stuff, more raids! Haha, that would cost us raid tier lol!
    Not just raids, they need to focus on making the game fully accessable for all players from all walks of life before catering to the minority, more and better quests (some have been a complete blast in the past), more focus on their story (if they want to focus on the narrative they need to put more effort in) and more interesting way s to keep people playing other than world quests and grinding for gear.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    The way I'm seeing this is that she's not necessarily alone in this task. Though where covenants can send different people to help restore the balance and rest between rescues, Sylvanas doesn't have that luxury. She must participate in this effort until all the lost souls are found and send to the arbiter
    Yeah I'm pretty sure @Arafal and @Nymrohd are not understanding the situation correctly here at all, and indeed, creatively interpreting it in the most negative and irrational possible way.

Sylvanas is locked in mega-hell and to work in mega-hell 24-7. That doesn't mean other people can't be visiting mega-hell and helping clean up mega-hell. It just means they're not locked in there 24-7.

It's like, if I was condemned to work in Walmart all day, for the rest of my life, it wouldn't mean Walmart didn't have any other employees.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Handwaving them in just because people like them is not enough.
    please explain to me why Night Elves are Alliance instead of their own faction again? oh, that's right, they were handwaved into the Alliance because Alliance needed somebody in Kalimdor according to the devs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Epic 50 part questline to hunt down The Legendary Chiropractor to yank Forsaken spines straight.
    you made me laugh there

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    please explain to me why Night Elves are Alliance instead of their own faction again? oh, that's right, they were handwaved into the Alliance because Alliance needed somebody in Kalimdor according to the devs
    Hey WoW would have had 4-5 factions if I had made it. It'd probably flop though.