Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah that's exactly my point. There are 0 indicators or arguments for a 2022 release. Basically everything is hinting at a release in Q1/23 (heck even Q2/23 isn't out of question). At no point was a 2022 release something likely, it was mostly based on a lot of copium. 6 weeks of nothing after the announcement, I think the schedule is clear.
    If anything S4 allows them to delay if they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If anything S4 allows them to delay if they have to.
    Yep, they can prolong or shorten the season as they need. And if it's shorter than the shortest Shadowlands season (aka just 6 months) their statement is still true.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

We're in the endgame now
    Almost time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Well people teasing it include Terran Gregory, Christie Golden and some content devs.
    I'd say that probably just means cinematics, since it's the content Christie Golden, Terran Gregory work on. Whether it's pre rendered, in game, or whatever type of cinematic, we'll see. We know we'll see some in game ones at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    We're in the endgame now
    Almost time.

I'd say that probably just means cinematics, since it's the content Christie Golden, Terran Gregory work on. Whether it's pre rendered, in game, or whatever type of cinematic, we'll see. We know we'll see some in game ones at least.
    That makes it even better IMO. Nothing we’ve seen thus far to my knowledge unencrypted would itself involve a cinematic which points to us at least getting some form of new non-PTR content today rather than having it delayed until later.

That doesn’t necessarily mean pre-order bonuses, but it does mean there’s something to be excited about today specifically IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    That makes it even better IMO. Nothing we’ve seen thus far to my knowledge unencrypted would itself involve a cinematic which points to us at least getting some form of new non-PTR content today rather than having it delayed until later.

That doesn’t necessarily mean pre-order bonuses, but it does mean there’s something to be excited about today specifically IMO.
    Well, maybe i didn't articulate myself properly, my bad. I meant to say that there is evidence of in game cinematics in the ptr. One relating to Tyrande and the Winter Queen's gift/seed. Another to Sylvanas/Anduin, i think.
    Since these in game cinematics are now more developed animations wise, they may just be hyping these ones.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2022-05-31 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I think Season 4 starts in September and runs until Dragonflight is ready to launch. I don't think they'll hold back the Dragonflight launch because Season 4 has been out for only 3-4 months, and if something bad happens Season 4 could last for the usual 7-8 months with Dragonflight releasing on Q2 2023.

One thing feels certain, Blizzard is preparing everything to release Dragonflight in 2023, not 2022.

No signs of pre-order, alpha or beta yet, is another hint.
    I would agree. We were also already told that S3 will be the length of a regular season so anything before late August - Sept seems implausible.

Complete speculation on my part but I have a feeling they are delaying pre-orders to maybe pad Q3. If that is the case then I am guessing we will seem them pop up any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I would agree. We were also already told that S3 will be the length of a regular season so anything before late August - Sept seems implausible.

Complete speculation on my part but I have a feeling they are delaying pre-orders to maybe pad Q3. If that is the case then I am guessing we will seem them pop up any day now.
    I think we also established though that the average season has not, as Blizzard said, lasted for 6-8 months. The average season lasts just over 5 months. It only lasts longer if they fuck up or if it is the final season (which is what S4 is trying to save).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe i didn't articulate myself properly, my bad. I meant to say that there is evidence to in game cinematics in the ptr. One relating to Tyrande and the Winter Queen's gift/seed. Another to Sylvanas/Anduin, i think.
    Since these in game cinematics are now more developed animations wise, they may just be hyping these ones.
    I think we may be saying the same things in different ways. I suspect you are right on the potential cinematic(s) relating to those items. More what I was looking at was the encrypted quests. While it was likely they’d be coming out in 9.2.5, it wasn’t a sure thing given how many times we’ve seen that encrypted DR quest chain updated. Their hints combined with the PTR items you mentioned tells me that we’re going to be getting those unencrypted (with cinematic(s)) when the new build arrives today, not in a week or two.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Big day is tomorrow. Can't wait to go back to just being a player and not browsing forums. General Discussion on the official forums is absolutely garbage.

I'm still holding out for surprise Darkfallen AR with the texture in my profile pic being part of their heritage armor.
    I can imagine, browsing here or post history isnt exactly exciting lol. >.>

I would be genuinly suprised if dr allied race is happening. Also wasnt your profile pic already found to be part of the drakthyr?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-31 at 02:54 PM.

I think we may be saying the same things in different ways. I suspect you are right on the potential cinematic(s) relating to those items. More what I was looking at was the encrypted quests. While it was likely they’d be coming out in 9.2.5, it wasn’t a sure thing given how many times we’ve seen that encrypted DR quest chain updated. Their hints combined with the PTR items you mentioned tells me that we’re going to be getting those unencrypted (with cinematic(s)) when the new build arrives today, not in a week or two.
    Oh right. Since these cinematics are usually a culmination of story quests, it is likely we'll see many of them unencrypted today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think we also established though that the average season has not, as Blizzard said, lasted for 6-8 months. The average season lasts just over 5 months. It only lasts longer if they fuck up or if it is the final season (which is what S4 is trying to save).
    Regardless, that would still put in August and not June/July.

When do these patches usually go up? Around 9 am pacific time? EU player here, I never know these things

15+ Year Old Account
    When do these patches usually go up? Around 9 am pacific time? EU player here, I never know these things
    Maintenance is scheduled to end at 3pm PDT. Which would be 10pm UTC. It is hit or miss if the servers come up early.1
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Maintenance is scheduled to end at 3pm PDT. Which would be 10pm UTC. It is hit or miss if the servers come up early.1
    Oh, still a long time to go then.
    Thank you for the reply!

Pre orders tonight or tomorrow mayb?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Pre orders tonight or tomorrow mayb?
    I could actually see them coming in during the day today, especially if part of the encrypted stuff is a surprise pre-order bonus. Would be a great time to catch the player base by surprise before unveiling the build that has those pieces in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 everything is time-gated in 9.2.5 ...

Something today, another thing in 2 weeks, in 1 month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    inb4 everything is time-gated in 9.2.5 ...

Something today, another thing in 2 weeks, in 1 month
    How else would it be?

15+ Year Old Account
    I could actually see them coming in during the day today, especially if part of the encrypted stuff is a surprise pre-order bonus. Would be a great time to catch the player base by surprise before unveiling the build that has those pieces in place.
    I would say Thursday or Friday would be more likely. It gives NA and EU the patch so pre-order stuff in the patch will be available to all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It could also be that the story stuff isn't in the first week of the patch or the conclusion isn't in before next week. I mean this is a busy time of the year for news. So we'll see how it goes.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.