I enjoyed seeing this follow-up in 9.2.5 of BFA lore more than any story points in Shadowlands.

I hope a World Revamp will happen someday, but I will not hold my breath.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pandaren aren't really traveller's though. Mainland Pandaren were content to stay in their continent, hidden behind the mists and even those on Wandering Isle were leaving the turtle less and less as generations went by.
    And yet there are Pandaren in every other starting zone, including Azuremyst and Eversong, the farthest they can get from Pandaria.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    And yet there are Pandaren in every other starting zone, including Azuremyst and Eversong, the farthest they can get from Pandaria.
    Ye well, because of gameplay. It's a remnant of the times when you needed each of class trainers in a starting zone.

But it could be both reasons for them to be there.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-02 at 04:11 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Those were all zones that didn't exist prior to their expansion. The point is that the story lines of the existing zones have nothing to be continued. For example how will we continue the rambo-style story line of Red Ridge mountains in a revamp? Another re-hash with an attack? What about Duskwood? Or any of the zones that would be revamped to have their story line continued?

Cataclysm had most zone stories resolve. Expansion have most of their stories resolve with in the expansion. You can't continue stories that are already resolved. Coming up with something brand new isn't continuing the existing story, right? It is hilarious how you are proving my point while at the same time thinking you are not.
    I have one word for you: Cataclysm.

How you will continue the story? You realize that anywhere between 7 to 10 years have passed in Azeroth since the beginning of WoW and Cataclysm?

Even outside of having some another world warping event like Cataclysm, "Redridge Rambo" happened 7 years ago in story. That's almost half a generation there. Your Rambo has long since moved on, alongside with his comrades and enemies. But the citizens of Redridge who gave you quests all these years - they are all still there. What quests they would give after all these years? Maybe nothing and it's all sunny skies no cloud in sight, but maybe something actually did happen - given in 10 years of Azeroth time that is WoW story you had frikken' half a dozen world ending, often galactic level threats come and go.

Same goes for other areas. They are stuck in limbo not because there is no story to tell, but simply because WoW is huge and Blizz can't sit there day and night updating old zones all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I have one word for you: Cataclysm.
    Players don't even go through those zones as part of the new player experience. And what story lines exist in those zones to "continue". If we are creating new story lines for every old zone wouldn't that energy be better suited for actual new content rather then revamping out of nostalgia? It doesn't matter if they are still there after 7 years or in the case of Outlands after 14. It is a game. That is what happens in a game and a new story won't change that things get outdated.

If Blizzard wanted to tell a story with them then they wouldn't be stuck in limbo, right? Hence why we got some updated zones in BfA. Strange how Blizzard can move some story together when it fits the new content rather then being a slave to players nostalgia and having to update every single zone to have a relevant or "continued" story as is the context of my response. Cataclysm revamp didn't leave many open ended story lines so most if not all are resolved.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I thought it was interesting they blocked off all the WoD mythic dungeons in 9.2.5? Even the ones that won't be part of S4. Kind of curious why that did that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    No, it is canon. Just because we don't see any named darkfallen pala/druids npc's yet doesn't make it not canon. We can create them. They are canon now. Our characters are canon to the game.
    I guess I will go with what Marlamin and other have said, which is that its just your own interpetation and it doesnt persee mean its canon..
    The thing is we know for a while what dark rangers and san'layn have as classes and is visible in game and a bit in the new book. So blizz giving pale skin and red eyes for pala and druids is a new 9.2.5 thing only visible in costumization and nowhere else. I guess you are right and its there for rp purpose, I dont think we will get more insight on this, unless they come forward and say undead paladin is now a playable thing. Or else we would have seen forsaken paladin as well tbh. Putting on the costume of red eyes and pale skin(which is what it feels like) is still you being a blood elf. You can rp as one.

That being said my opinion is still the same druid and pala feel off with red eyes and pale skin.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-03 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is a game. That is what happens in a game
    Who says? Really now, I don't get where these facts about what games are come from. RPGs as a genre are often living and feature changes and new stories in existing locations. It is not their main gameplay but it is often part of it. It's problematic if it is all there is (e.g. Dragon Age 2) sure, but traveling back to an old location and exploring it again is often part of the game (e.g. Baldur's Gate, with Candlekeep). Not to mention TTRPGs were locations are often meant to be living; constantly changing to show both passage of time and the effect of player choice. Even when you go back when RPG games had far fewer resources, evolving worlds have not at all been rare (e.g. ChronoTrigger)
    And even if we limit it to other MMORPGs are they all just still or do they have events that change existing locations? While ESO has not revisited old zones yet (it can afford to, given it has a MASSIVE world to work with while Blizzard has to keep inventing new locations for WoW), the zones do evolve during the storylines (and notably make a point to finish in a state other than perpetual crisis, looking at you Westfall). I think Guild Wars 2 revisits old areas as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I thought it was interesting they blocked off all the WoD mythic dungeons in 9.2.5? Even the ones that won't be part of S4. Kind of curious why that did that.
    >A yellow portal

How interesting, they could have chosen any colour for it. Pink, purple, orange, red, black, etc. instead they chose the one colour associated with the Light.

WoD 2.0 Lightbound expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    >A yellow portal

How interesting, they could have chosen any colour for it. Pink, purple, orange, red, black, etc. instead they chose the one colour associated with the Light.

WoD 2.0 Lightbound expansion confirmed.
    Since you have not done Mythic+, you might not know it, but that is just the regular barrier at the dungeon entrance that prevents players from moving forward before the countdown timer is done and the run proper begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Since you have not done Mythic+, you might not know it, but that is just the regular barrier at the dungeon entrance that prevents players from moving forward before the countdown timer is done and the run proper begins.
    Nope, I've never done it.

How sad. But oh well, that expansion is coming anyway sooner or later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I guess I will go with what Marlamin and other have said, which is that its just your own interpetation and it doesnt persee mean its canon..
    The thing is we know for a while what dark rangers and san'layn have as classes and is visible in game and a bit in the new book. So blizz giving pale skin and red eyes for pala and druids is a new 9.2.5 thing only visible in costumization and nowhere else. I guess you are right and its there for rp purpose, I dont think we will get more insight on this, unless they come forward and say undead paladin is now a playable thing. Or else we would have seen forsaken paladin as well tbh. Putting on the costume of red eyes and pale skin(which is what it feels like) is still you being a blood elf. You can rp as one.

That being said my opinion is still the same druid and pala feel off with red eyes and pale skin.
    Again, we already have examples of undead Paladins (Sir Zeliek) aswell as druids using the powers of death (all of our player character druids in Shadowlands, Kul Tirans aswell as the Drust). Here's my newest Darkfallen Paladina - hope you like her!

Btw, Blizzard already said they want to make all races having all classes available, it's just that they need to do unique assets for some of them. And again, if you can play a race/class combo it is canon to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Nope, I've never done it.

How sad. But oh well, that expansion is coming anyway sooner or later.
    You should try some m+, it's super fun and you can get a purple deathwalker with season 4!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Who says?
    How many games have been living worlds that never have any outdated content? You can fantasize all you want but lets not pretend that the reality is that games that last for a long time always have content that is outdated. Even your examples still indicate that things are out dated but just are out dated in different states then WoW zones. So you even say the same thing as me while taking issue with it. Strange, right? Lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, we already have examples of undead Paladins (Sir Zeliek) aswell as druids using the powers of death (all of our player character druids in Shadowlands, Kul Tirans aswell as the Drust). Here's my newest Darkfallen Paladina - hope you like her!

Btw, Blizzard already said they want to make all races having all classes available, it's just that they need to do unique assets for some of them. And again, if you can play a race/class combo it is canon to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You should try some m+, it's super fun and you can get a purple deathwalker with season 4!
    Again its your own interpetation, no matter what your opinion is. Forsaken paladins still isnt really playable. I mean your character is a clear example of your own interpetation m8, idk what else i need to tell you, besides hover over your character and see your still a blood elf. If you want to rp as a vampire, you can or a dark ranger who took up a blade for all I care, doesnt mean its canon.

Its an rp element as you figured out by yourself in your first first response. See high elves, same thing.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-03 at 02:46 PM.

Again its your own interpetation, no matter what your opinion is. Forsaken paladins still isnt really playable. I mean your character is a clear example of your own interpetation m8, idk what else i need to tell you, besides hover over your character and see your still a blood elf. If you want to rp as a vampire, you can or a dark ranger who took up a blade for all I care, doesnt mean its canon.

Its an rp element as you figured out by yourself in your first first response. See high elves, same thing.
    Yeah I completely agree with you. Which is why I would have preferred an allied race -way more customization and the game actually recognizes the type of character that you are, with an appropriate starting zone, race title, racials, class appropriate choices.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Yeah I completely agree with you. Which is why I would have preferred an allied race -way more customization and the game actually recognizes the type of character that you are, with an appropriate starting zone, race title, racials, class appropriate choices.
    Yea I would have prefered it as well, I had many ideas in my head in terms of costumizations, but I kept my expatations very low, because slowly but surely it was clear many of the hints people though were part of an allied race were proven to be for other stuff.

It would just feel better and you would realy feel like that particular race, darkfallen in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea I would have prefered it as well, I had many ideas in my head in terms of costumizations, but I kept my expatations very low, because slowly but surely it was clear many of the hints people though were part of an allied race were proven to be for other stuff.

It would just feel better and you would realy feel like that particular race, darkfallen in this case.
    But the big critique point for allied races was that most of them just felt like they should have been customization options in the first place, hence Blizzard giving us potential allied races as customizations instead for Shadowlands (Wildhammer Dwarves, Sand Trolls, High Elves and Darkfallen). You don't need racials, a specific starting zone or an ingame tooltip calling you XY to be a race if you have the right customization options now. Again, "rules are just a framework". I'm quite sure that blizzard would release highmountain tauren or lightforged just as customization options if they would do them now. Which is fine, and again exactly what people wanted since BfA.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-03 at 03:17 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...JZsJwvDVw&s=19

Ve'nari apparently faked her death and is now travelling the cosmos with the dude from the SL preorder set quest.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...JZsJwvDVw&s=19

Ve'nari apparently faked her death and is now travelling the cosmos with the dude from the SL preorder set quest.
    Ye. We had a thread, where OP saw the engineering interaction but didn't conclude the corpse was faek.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

But the big critique point for allied races was that most of them just felt like they should have been customization options in the first place, hence Blizzard giving us potential allied races as customizations instead for Shadowlands (Wildhammer Dwarves, Sand Trolls, High Elves and Darkfallen). You don't need racials, a specific starting zone or an ingame tooltip calling you XY to be a race if you have the right customization options now. Again, "rules are just a framework". I'm quite sure that blizzard would release highmountain tauren or lightforged just as customization options if they would do them now. Which is fine, and again exactly what people wanted since BfA.
    I literally cannot comprehend this rationale.
    How is that a critique? The difference between both of these options is that one is richer in content than the other. Are we arguing that they give us less? Why?
    Allied races don't detract from customizations, they're a more complete form of them.
    It's one thing to accept that resources are finite and that we can't always get everything. To accept one skin tone and one eye color as what can be done in this moment and better than nothing. But to actively be against getting more than that I don't understand.
    If the things we wish for this game are on the basis of "need", then there's not really a need for most of it. Give us a faceless grey humanoid shape and we'll roleplay as whatever we want I guess. No "need" to flesh out visual and lore identities in the game, we'll just headcanon it.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2022-06-03 at 04:04 PM.