Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...JZsJwvDVw&s=19

Ve'nari apparently faked her death and is now travelling the cosmos with the dude from the SL preorder set quest.
    Kind of cool but would of been nice to see more of Xolartios in the story if they were going to connect those plot points. But w/e at this point. Shadowlands gonna be Shadowlands.

First preview for the Talent Trees are up.

Can't really pass judgment as I don't play either of the classes, but we are starting to get info now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I literally cannot comprehend this rationale.
    How is that a critique? The difference between both of these options is that one is richer in content than the other. Are we arguing that they give us less? Why?
    Allied races don't detract from customizations, they're a more complete form of them.
    It's one thing to accept that resources are finite and that we can't always get everything. To accept one skin tone and one eye color as what can be done in this moment and better than nothing. But to actively be against getting more than that I don't understand.
    If the things we wish for this game are on the basis of "need", then there's not really a need for most of it. Give us a faceless grey humanoid shape and we'll roleplay as whatever we want I guess. No "need" to flesh out visual and lore identities in the game, we'll just headcanon it.
    The rationale is that people rather get something like Vulperas or Zandalari than Highmountain Tauren. And in the end, you have these options:

1) Getting unique new Races like Dracthyr
    2) Getting unique Allied Races like Vulpera
    3) Getting Allied Races like Highmountain Tauren which forces you to pay for a race change although they could just be customizations
    4) Getting unique customizations that allow you to play a new race via an old one
    5) Getting nothing

At the end of the day, looks are more important than gameplay for me, so I couldn't care less if I have unique racials if I can get more races to play in the end. I don't have the game to tell me I'm a high elf/sandtroll/darkfallen/wildhammer dwarf in order to be one. And all of these options are canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Can't really pass judgment as I don't play either of the classes, but we are starting to get info now.
    Great to see Convoke made the cut. What's funny though is that Death Knights didn't get any of the Shadowlands Covenant abilities, it seems? RIP grabby hands.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Good to see some info again, seems things are heating up. I am expecting more the following weeks. Big Preorder period coming up.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Good to see some info again, seems things are heating up. I am expecting more the following weeks. Big Preorder period coming up.
    Yeah, we are in the end game now. Depending on how fast they drop the other talent trees I could see Alpha launching in the next 2-4 weeks easily.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    The talents still seem like the illusion of choice where min/max paths will still be the community default based on guides. Hopefully they can keep all the options and paths balanced so there are no bad choices. There is nothing inherent wrong with that illusion but if it takes resources away from the rest of the game to maintain I think i'd prefer the old way. Just give us small "borrowed power" each expansion that are similar to this system and the Shadowlands soulbinds.

I also wonder how this will impact future expansions that keep adding new branches and abilities. Right now it is easy to populate it by including things from the borrowed power systems they are not longer using but eventually it seems like it would become a nightmare to balance. Though they can just squish or redo everything every few expansions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...JZsJwvDVw&s=19

Ve'nari apparently faked her death and is now travelling the cosmos with the dude from the SL preorder set quest.
    Wait, this is huge news! I always thought it was weird that we never saw the Eternal Travelers within the Shadowlands. Seems like they kinda fixed that plothole for now?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Great to see Convoke made the cut. What's funny though is that Death Knights didn't get any of the Shadowlands Covenant abilities, it seems? RIP grabby hands.
    Abonnement nation limb is right there in the DK tree. It's just not in any one spec tree.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The talents still seem like the illusion of choice where min/max paths will still be the community default based on guides. Hopefully they can keep all the options and paths balanced so there are no bad choices. There is nothing inherent wrong with that illusion but if it takes resources away from the rest of the game to maintain I think i'd prefer the old way. Just give us small "borrowed power" each expansion that are similar to this system and the Shadowlands soulbinds.

I also wonder how this will impact future expansions that keep adding new branches and abilities. Right now it is easy to populate it by including things from the borrowed power systems they are not longer using but eventually it seems like it would become a nightmare to balance. Though they can just squish or redo everything every few expansions.
    What the new talent system has is the potential to have unique builds for every raid boss and every Dungeon though, which sounds great on paper and requires quite a higher skill cap as you would have to play more playstyles.

And the new system is build to last a few expansions so I would guess they already have plans on how to expand the trees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Abonnement nation limb is right there in the DK tree. It's just not in any one spec tree.
    Ahhhh, true! For some reason I didn't see the basic dk trees talents in the post lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

God thats awful to read.
    Hope wowhead is quick in making a calculator.

Nothing major stands out immediately. Convoke and adaptive swarm for druids, abo limb for dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid and DK for now, hope the rest is coming soon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What the new talent system has is the potential to have unique builds for every raid boss and every Dungeon though, which sounds great on paper and requires quite a higher skill cap as you would have to play more playstyles.
    That really remains to be seen. For the hardcore min/maxers? Sure. But for the community at large? How many will really change just for the few extra dps/hps or tank survival. Sure having loadouts for easy change will make that easier but higher skill cap really just means more balance issues. They've talked about this in the past and how perception and community pressure really makes skill gaps are net negative for the game. It again is hard to balance such gaps with out alienating the skilled or un-skilled in the process. There shouldn't be a "hard mode" specialization for any class so any skill to playing a class is hard to balance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The talents still seem like the illusion of choice
    Even more so when it comes to having to spec into your interrupts.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

illusion of choice with cookie cutter builds > cookie cutter builds without illusion of choice

I guess I'm confused - this seems to be simply taking a lot of functionality away from existing specs / classes and not really adding much else. So a massive prune.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Even more so when it comes to having to spec into your interrupts.
    Not much of an issue, if you have to spent literally single point to get it in DK case. They did say that things like interrupts will be very easy to get.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Interested to see the talent calculators and what spells are baseline without talents.

What’s interesting is the ghoul being a talent, so it looks like you could run Unholy without a ghoul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I guess I'm confused - this seems to be simply taking a lot of functionality away from existing specs / classes and not really adding much else. So a massive prune.
    What massive prune? You get 61 points to spend there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Interested to see the talent calculators and what spells are baseline without talents.

What’s interesting is the ghoul being a talent, so it looks like you could run Unholy without a ghoul.
    Uh, no. These first row talents are automatically taken if you pick certain spec.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Looks like they're adding some stuff back as well. Mark of the Wild!! Hoping paladin blessings will make their return. Bit worried about should-be-baseline spells being talents, like dispells and interrupts.