So I don't think you can go "up" in the talent trees, but can you choose diagonally? Because if not, it seems to defeat the whole purpose of them.

"edit" oh nevermind, I thought you could only go down from your spec talent in the class tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What? Anduin's narrative 'till Shadowlands was boring as hell. He finally got some character this expansion.
    No, it wasn't boring just not used often and well Sylvanas was the focus. this new development is just headscratcher but its only part of the picture so who knows.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I don't think you can go "up" in the talent trees, but can you choose diagonally? Because if not, it seems to defeat the whole purpose of them.

"edit" oh nevermind, I thought you could only go down from your spec talent in the class tree.
    Yeah, Tier 1 is free picking. You could just go down the "wrong" tree from Level 10 on if you wanted to.

In fact, you actually have to invest a few points into a different spec to meet the 8 point requirement.
    Last edited by huth; 2022-06-04 at 02:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead started making talent trees with mouseover tooltips for better read (not a calculator yet):

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...ooltips-327276
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wowhead started making talent trees with mouseover tooltips for better read (not a calculator yet):

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...ooltips-327276
    https://mythictrap.com/dragonflights-talents

Here's a calculator for you. Gives a better idea of what talents one can actually take together. I imagine people will have some thinking to do, and there's clear lines for builds with different focus.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Here's a calculator for you. Gives a better idea of what talents one can actually take together. I imagine people will have some thinking to do, and there's clear lines for builds with different focus.
    Did Blizzard state that we get 31+2/30 points? Or is that just speculation on their part?
    Edit: Nvm, I found the post.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-06-04 at 04:21 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account

Awesome! Looks like I can build my laser owl bear - so atleast for tanks you will clearly be able to go full dmg mode, full boring survival or something in between which is great for different progressions.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused as to how Wild Growth is a class talent in the 7th row but the resto spec tree has Improved Wild Growth in the first third of the tree, with Unstoppable Growth unlockable right below.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I only just realized that they use green and red eyes for the dk's unholy and blood talent tree artworks - more dk eye customization imminent?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm confused as to how Wild Growth is a class talent in the 7th row but the resto spec tree has Improved Wild Growth in the first third of the tree, with Unstoppable Growth unlockable right below.
    I like to think that Ion got the idea of bringing back talent trees the day of the reveal & all the developers had to roll with it. That's what it feels like. These trees seem like they've been in development for exactly a month & a half.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I like to think that Ion got the idea of bringing back talent trees the day of the reveal & all the developers had to roll with it. That's what it feels like. These trees seem like they've been in development for exactly a month & a half.
    Ye man, they cooked up entire druid trees shown during the reveal in one day.

I like to think that DF announce broke something in you, because you posts are just next level lately.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I don't understand how people could possibly dislike Anduins character development of "Man, killing my friends was kinda fun actually, maybe I should go crazy, go stupid?" compared to him being raised all proper and always placing his public image in front of everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I don't understand how people could possibly dislike Anduins character development of "Man, killing my friends was kinda fun actually, maybe I should go crazy, go stupid?" compared to him being raised all proper and always placing his public image in front of everything else.
    I'd rather him not go another Arthas esque path(I.E. goes bad anyways despite being similar to him). I like Anduin the way he has been. Im giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here but the look is....dubious.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-06-04 at 06:36 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather him not go another Arthas esque path(I.E. goes bad anyways despite being similar to him). I like Anduin the way he has been. Im giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here but the look is....dubious.
    Nah, he wont go that path, he can actually tell right from wrong, can draw conclusions from the past and is free from obsessions. SL simply shown him that there is a dark side to him, like with many other characters in WoW and fiction in general. Jaina was also all for peace until events finally broke her. Same with Uther, when he confronted Arthas in W3. But it doesn't mean Anduin will suddenly go evil, it just gives him some extra depths by having an internal struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I honestly don't see how it is in any way even remotely close to Arthas?

Arthas turned bad because he desperately wanted to save his kingdom no matter the cost, going as far as to sacrifice his own soul until it was too late.

Anduin fights with the inner conflict of actual enjoying... I don't know... carnage? and the responsibility of being a king. He is unsure whether the enjoyment he had when he was corrupted was actually him or whether it was due to being controlled.

For the longest time, he was just what he needed to be. A king, a Priest, a mediator. But when Sylvanas mentions free will, he probably realizes that he does not need to be any of that.

It's genius in terms of how much it mirrors the fate of the Forsaken and Sylvanas especially.

But it doesn't mean he is going to be evil. It just means that yeah, he isn't just pure lawful good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I certainly welcome the inevitability of Voidduin, regardless of how temporary it will be.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I certainly welcome the inevitability of Voidduin, regardless of how temporary it will be.
    I mean, dude's a priest. Duality between light and dark is pretty much in their repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye man, they cooked up entire druid trees shown during the reveal in one day.

I like to think that DF announce broke something in you, because you posts are just next level lately.
    a.) I was clearly joking.
    b.) All they showed during the announcement was a mockup with zero specifics. That's absolutely something an intern could slap together in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    But it doesn't mean he is going to be evil. It just means that yeah, he isn't just pure lawful good.
    And that he has to actually think about what he wants to do and believes in. If anything, it opens the possibility of greater development in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    And that he has to actually think about what he wants to do and believes in. If anything, it opens the possibility of greater development in the future.
    And that will clash with his duty of being a king. So extra layer there.