7+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 we get a blog post, but its about the random screenshots they asked for on twitter yesterday.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I guess nothing today?
    Blizzard is a west coast company and always publishes their articles on PST time, and it's not even 11 AM there yet. Relax.

99% of the blog posts we get are at 10PM PST though, wasn't the talent tree original post at that time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its 11am there. If we dont see a blog post by 3pm id say we probably arent getting one, although I guess later is still possible. I was expecting it 3 mins ago if it was coming though.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked and last week they posted it Friday at 5pm. Im not sure if that's est or pst though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What are they revamping though? New talent trees is for the biggest part a simple visual change. There's barely anything new. There is no borrowed power they have to work on. There is no max level content system akin to Torghast or Expeditions. The profession changes are all on a very shallow level, too (like Legion's changes which got abandoned quickly). So the only thing that really needs work is Dracthyr Evoker. So yes, this expansion better should have tons of content.
    There is a lot of tuning to be done to be fair. And there may well be crazy synergies that did not exist before and bugged interactions as well. We will be getting access to things that used to be mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Inb4 we get a blog post, but its about the random screenshots they asked for on twitter yesterday.
    Or 2 blogs ... per months

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So I guess nothing today?
    As I recall the talent posts last week were posted at like 5 pm eastern, so...some time still.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    As I recall the talent posts last week were posted at like 5 pm eastern, so...some time still.
    Probably it's scheduled post, so I would check it exactly 5 pm.

So nothing this week? I need more talent blogs

What are they revamping though? New talent trees is for the biggest part a simple visual change. There's barely anything new. There is no borrowed power they have to work on. There is no max level content system akin to Torghast or Expeditions. The profession changes are all on a very shallow level, too (like Legion's changes which got abandoned quickly). So the only thing that really needs work is Dracthyr Evoker. So yes, this expansion better should have tons of content.
    Speaking of the professions alone is that they have to be able to make Mythic raiding level item for people to not do Engineering / Alch for battle rez and 2 hour flasks. I expect them to provide a ton of content with a decent release cadence.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Dunno about years, months probably, a year maybe.
    If I remember it correctly, the deal will be closed a year from now... and they already said that they make a lot of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    So nothing this week? I need more talent blogs
    Turns out the blogs will come very first Friday of the month instead of every Friday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    If I remember it correctly, the deal will be closed a year from now... and they already said that they make a lot of progress.
    Correct. Microsoft intends to close the deal in fiscal year 2023 which ends in June 2023. We could get WoW news on Sunday at the Microsoft game even as they did say their partners would also be sharing info. So pretty much anyone who has ever released something on xbox can make an announcement.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Man and I was feeling like I was being overly skeptical with the whole "breadcrumb things with one to two talent trees a week" thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    How little communication we have had since they announced Dragonflight is very frustrating. I wish they would provide us with some idea when we can expect pre-order, blogs, alpha to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is a lot of tuning to be done to be fair. And there may well be crazy synergies that did not exist before and bugged interactions as well. We will be getting access to things that used to be mutually exclusive.
    Sorry, but I don’t see it. Tuning? Where and why? As I said, the talent trees are mostly stuff we already have now. There’s not much to tune besides maybe shuffling around some talents because route A is too powerful or route B too weak.

In Shadowlands they had to tune hundreds of things: skills + talents + Soulbinds + legendaries + tier sets (with 9.2), the tuning of the talent tree is a walk in the park compared to that and soooo much less work overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Speaking of the professions alone is that they have to be able to make Mythic raiding level item for people to not do Engineering / Alch for battle rez and 2 hour flasks. I expect them to provide a ton of content with a decent release cadence.
    I expect that too, because that’s the reason Shadowlands suffered. And as mentioned, Dragonflight has zero (!) progression on max level. There’s just nothing but gear treadmill.

_____

Not getting something on Friday is a bit… weird? Unless the preview of the DK / Druid trees was just that and they’re not going to drop it for every class? Otherwise it really made not much sense to drop it and then give us nothing after.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-11 at 05:32 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Not getting something on Friday is a bit… weird? Unless the preview of the DK / Druid trees was just that and they’re not going to drop it for every class? Otherwise it really made not much sense to drop it and then give us nothing after.
    I feel dirty even suggesting that as a distant possibility, but maybe they are currently listening to people's critiques of the talent trees and are trying to make another version before they move onto the next classes. Though that would also imply that they only have 2 done right now, which while not surprising would still give me little hope for a an early Q2 release date next year.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I feel dirty even suggesting that as a distant possibility, but maybe they are currently listening to people's critiques of the talent trees and are trying to make another version before they move onto the next classes. Though that would also imply that they only have 2 done right now, which while not surprising would still give me little hope for a an early Q2 release date next year.
    It's important to note that they have reworked talents and other similar systems quickly and I have no doubt that will be the case again

Next week we are set to see something from Blizzard I'm assuming WoW or D4

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    It's important to note that they have reworked talents and other similar systems quickly and I have no doubt that will be the case again

Next week we are set to see something from Blizzard I'm assuming WoW or D4
    I think Diablo 4 should be next. It would both built on and counter Diablo Immortal to do a reveal soon.

Sorry, but I don’t see it. Tuning? Where and why? As I said, the talent trees are mostly stuff we already have now. There’s not much to tune besides maybe shuffling around some talents because route A is too powerful or route B too weak.
    Because we never had those things all together in one expansion when balance actually mattered. And you'd be very wrong with "stuff we already have now", it's only stuff we had at some point in the last three expansions.

So there's actually quite a lot of tuning needed and your memory is crap.