Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Really there is only one good solution. Make more content.

I will wonder forever if they good create evergreen content by making use of timewalking or an old world revamp and then add it on a rotation to cover time between patches.
    I mean it is an issue of management and cost. The management has recognized that the fanbase will stick around for the bare minimum for the first 3 months regardless. Those who stick around longer or return will not mind the specific content checklist that has been in place for a while. Seasons are effective marketing for big spikes of 1-3-6 month subs that remain dead until the next season.

A team that is dedicated to EK and Kalimdor would be too expensive and while it is very surprising to see them not utilize Timewalking for 10.0 with a massive revamp with the 20K+ DisplayIDs that are left unused that could be put on a vendor for free engagement. I mean, they may just be too crunched in their current position to have any resources beyond getting Dragonflight out the door, collect the shipped game bonus and fucking off leaving a Shadowlands scenario available for us to go through once more and since the community are totally okay with the concept of "Cut & Run". It may occur once again with full acceptance from everyone.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-12 at 07:54 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

I will wonder forever if they good create evergreen content by making use of timewalking or an old world revamp and then add it on a rotation to cover time between patches.
    Simply: no. We've lived through Cata- no world revamp will ever be evergreen. It will become as worn through as vanilla and cata. If scaling and events were an answer, then we'd have seen that work in GW2 and every other game that's employed them. Timewalking certainly hasn't. Next weeks Cata dungeons are not as fresh now as they were years ago simply by having to suffer them once more. If Timewalking was evergreen, then why ever have new dungeons and raids? Scale Black Temple for every season. Adding old dungeons to the current season rotation is nothing more than a sad sleight of hand, trying to pretend there's something new here when it's just old ass dungeons.

You can never reexperience novelty. You only have a first time once. Unless you have a severe head injury or drop acid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Same reason why would there be Diablo 4 or Overwatch news. But right now there is nothing to announce for broad audience. Beta or pre-order is something important for WoW community, for rest only release day or something like releasing game on pass would be big enough.
    Diablo and Overwatch are on Xbox/consoles where as WoW is not. So it makes sense that OW2 and D4 would have some information released during the Microsoft event.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    D4 should be on or before June 2023 since all games shown at the conference were "planned to release in the next 12 months" (though plans can change ofc).

- - - Updated - - -

Both of those are on Xbox.
    Yeah, I could see a delay to September or October.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW, blizzard is going to have a massive year. OW2, Diablo 4, Diablo Immortal, Dragonflight, usual hearthstone stuff etc all within 12-16 months of one another.

10+ Year Old Account

World content has to be a pillar of the game aside from Dungeons Raids and PVP.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    >Buttload of D4 and OW news
    >Nothing about WoW / DF

Nice.
    WoW is not a XBox game.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I'm more surprised about Overwatch 2. Free to play (including single player, right?) and coming October this year? So 2023 is pretty easy to guess: 1st half Dragonflight, 2nd half Diablo IV. Hopefully normal Blizzcon '23 in November after merger with 10.2 (I hope not 10.1) news and new survival game full reveal.
    PvP part of OW2 was always going to be just a free update to OW1 so this is not much different. PvE part is still sold separately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    PvP part of OW2 was always going to be just a free update to OW1 so this is not much different. PvE part is still sold separately.
    But does it mean that the entirety of Overwatch PvP is F2P, or do you still have to buy OW1?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But does it mean that the entirety of Overwatch PvP is F2P, or do you still have to buy OW1?
    Originally they stated that OW2 will only require a purchase for the solo PvE aspect of the expansion. That OW1 players will be able to use OW2 heroes and maps with out an extra charge. It is unclear if that model has changed now that they have announced you don't even have to buy OW1 as OW2 will be free to play. They announced a reveal event on June 16th so we should get specific information then.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Originally they stated that OW2 will only require a purchase for the solo PvE aspect of the expansion. That OW1 players will be able to use OW2 heroes and maps with out an extra charge. It is unclear if that model has changed now that they have announced you don't even have to buy OW1 as OW2 will be free to play. They announced a reveal event on June 16th so we should get specific information then.
    I mean, have we heard anything about the solo pve aspect? Did they add anything today?

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, have we heard anything about the solo pve aspect? Did they add anything today?
    I don't think they have mentioned the PvE aspect since March when they said they were "decoupling" PvP and PvE in order to get OW2 out faster. I'm sure they will talk about it all on June 16th when they will likely have an event similar to Dragonflight and Arclight reveals.

Diablo 4 looks great. I sure hope those world bosses aren't a complete joke like wow's. When was the last time we had a good world boss (if ever) that didn't also destroy the whole zone with lag?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Diablo 4 looks great. I sure hope those world bosses aren't a complete joke like wow's. When was the last time we had a good world boss (if ever) that didn't also destroy the whole zone with lag?
    My guess, Oondasta

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My guess, Oondasta
    Haven't play much during MoP, but wasn't that boss famous for "destroying whole zone with lag"?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Diablo 4 looks great.
    Yeah, I don't remember last time art style hyped me so much for game.

Haven't play much during MoP, but wasn't that boss famous for "destroying whole zone with lag"?
    Nah but he did destroy two raid groups at the same time before he got nerfed.

Nah but he did destroy two raid groups at the same time before he got nerfed.
    100% lagged the shit out of everything.

Diablo 4 is looking like the better MMO from Blizzard now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    >Buttload of D4 and OW news
    It surprised me, I wasn't expecting them to showcase the Blizzard titles the way they did, they even gave launch dates.

R.I.P Blizzcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not sure why there would be WoW specific news at an Xbox/Bethesda specific conference. The only exception would be if it were to come to Game Pass which I (at the very least) don't see happening before the acquisition completes.
    This is my bet as well. I expect to see 11.0 being announced on the June Xbox stream of 2024.

But I miss Blizzcon panels. Even the Dragonflight announcement wasn't that good for me because we didn't get the machinima trailer or the panels. Yeah, we got a Deep Dive, but I still miss the panels and trailers like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It surprised me, I wasn't expecting them to showcase the Blizzard titles the way they did, they even gave launch dates.

R.I.P Blizzcon?

This is my bet as well. I expect to see 11.0 being announced on the June Xbox stream of 2024.

But I miss Blizzcon panels. Even the Dragonflight announcement wasn't that good for me because we didn't get the machinima trailer or the panels. Yeah, we got a Deep Dive, but I still miss the panels and trailers like this:

With the reveals shifting to use the movie quality cinematics, instead of the cinematics coming out in late beta or launch, the need for feature trailers like that one has died out.

We don't really need a trailer that says "Level to n+10!, New zones! New dungeons and raids!" The deepdives/panels following the reveal and press kits can give us all the footage the Features Trailer would have given us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    With the reveals shifting to use the movie quality cinematics, instead of the cinematics coming out in late beta or launch, the need for feature trailers like that one has died out.

We don't really need a trailer that says "Level to n+10!, New zones! New dungeons and raids!" The deepdives/panels following the reveal and press kits can give us all the footage the Features Trailer would have given us.
    We still do need the deep dives though. With the Gamescom reveal, we had Blizzcon a few months later for a more rounded reveal. So when should we expect the full reveal for Dragonflight? Like, dungeon, raid, some spoiler for the next tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    100% lagged the shit out of everything.
    Well, it lagged for a short moment, then it didn't lag at all. Mostly because everybody was now running back.